What's new

Pakistani ICBM

Also having just the capability is a massive "don't fck with us" to all and sundry.

Sir, I'll compare it with the nukes. We had the capability, but until 1999 it didn't change the calculus for our enemies. From what I have seen during my stay in Australia, it is a very petty, seeing is believing sort of world we live in today.

Nuclear sub can stay in water for 90 days and has higher maintenance times vs 30-45 days for AIP sub

Prime advantage of nuclear sub remains its speed, range things that are not really needed in indo pak settings..

Any logical person would deem AIPs as a better option

What is the distance from Karachi to Andaman Islands? Eastern shores India? Bay of Bengal?

Sir, I'll compare it with the nukes. We had the capability, but until 1999 it didn't change the calculus for our enemies. From what I have seen during my stay in Australia, it is a very petty, seeing is believing sort of world we live in today.

Do you know the Timeline of Pakistani Nuclear Program ? Please Search it.

Irrelevant.

India Tested first Nuke in 74, Pakistan didn't as it never had a Technology.

India Tested Agni, Pakistan didn't as it didn't have a Platform in 80s

Fast Forward 90s... Pakistan Gets Nodongs..from N. Korea. Nukes are ready in 1995.

As soon as India Tests Agni, they Test Gauri.
As soon as India Tests Nukes, Pakistan tests in a month.

They don't wait to HIDE their technology if they can MATCH it.

They even went ahead to show that they have MIRVs much before India. Though MIRVs are yet to be tested... They are not keeping away from Boasting that they have a 'capability'

In short, if they have the capability to launch satellites they will do it....it solves no purpose to hide it..in any manner....if it does please enlighten me.

i think our economy is in no position to support icbm production on mass scale only few icbms are ineffective as they can be intercepted easily

Fast Forward 90s... Pakistan Gets Nodongs..from N. Korea. Nukes are ready in 1995.

They even went ahead to show that they have MIRVs much before India. Though MIRVs are yet to be tested... They are not keeping away from Boasting that they have a 'capability'

In short, if they have the capability to launch satellites they will do it....it solves no purpose to hide it..in any manner....if it does please enlighten me.

You are willfully taking a rather one-dimensional view of Pakistan's international security calculus where the concerns of many foreign entities need to be catered for. It's not black and white. Hence, your argument of 'they don't wait to hide their technology...' falls on its face.

You are willfully taking a rather one-dimensional view of Pakistan's international security calculus where the concerns of many foreign entities need to be catered for. It's not black and white. Hence, your argument of 'they don't wait to hide their technology...' falls on its face.
You are confused with SLV and Missiles.

Care to explain how does 'security calculus' change if Pakistan Launches a Satellite using its own SLV which demonstrates that Pakistan can indeed build an ICBM but is just using the same technology for Peaceful and Commercially advantegous Satellite Launch Application ?

Pakistani ICBM

Pakistani scientists and engineers have achieved the ability to build and test an inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM).

Capability was achieved, but the powers that be, have decided that for the time being that potential will remain just potential.

Full spectrum deterrence has been achieved against the neighbour to the east, and having a ICBM would invite a unnecessary spotlight on the homeland.

The only way I see that decision being changed is, well let's just leave it at that.
Sooner or later Pakistan will be forced to show its ICBM it's inevitable

You are confused with SLV and Missiles.

Care to explain how does 'security calculus' change if Pakistan Launches a Satellite using its own SLV which demonstrates that Pakistan can indeed build an ICBM but is just using the same technology for Peaceful and Commercially advantegous Satellite Launch Application ?

Did you read the part where I said we need to acquire a pair etc?

Also having just the capability is a massive "don't fck with us" to all and sundry.

Turning a capability into a practical solution takes years. A lot of tests and trials and perfecting the design.
It's not just a one night game.

From what I know though, we already have test platforms available and waiting for a go to be tested, or we might have already tested them in another country.

You are seriously misinformed on almost everything you wrote above.
Pakistan didn't have the technology? Or was Pakistan waiting for you guys to blow your thingy to divide the sanctions that would follow? You might want to do some research on that.

You are seriously misinformed on almost everything you wrote above.
Pakistan didn't have the technology? Or was Pakistan waiting for you guys to blow your thingy to divide the sanctions that would follow? You might want to do some research on that.

Kindly counter by facts not words. Why didn't Pakistan Test a Nuke in 74 ?

MIRV is a response to India's ballistic-missile defense systems. Nothing to do with boasting.

And what is the connection between Ssbn and SLV ?

Resources.

Back
Top Bottom