What's new

Pakistani Government Silent on Indian SMOG while Pakistanis being killed.

Pakistan should Give strong Responce over Indian air pollution.

• Give a proper Military Response.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Pressurize Indian Govmaent to fix or else take Modi to International courts.

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • I'm an Indian and I love air pollution.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
So the Indians are at least trying to do something. Is Pakistan trying to do whatever it can also? May be a cross-border commission can be formed to co-ordinate matters in this regard?

Although a lot need to be done but still stubble burning is crime in Pakistan while its norm in other side of border.

@Topic I think our govt should deploy artificial rain technology as nothing can be expected from hindustan

Although a lot need to be done but still stubble burning is crime in Pakistan while its norm in other side of border.

@Topic I think our govt should deploy artificial rain technology as nothing can be expected from hindustan

I think it is important to realize the causes that lead to stubble burning in the first place. Criminalizing a behavior without addressing its root causes is a recipe for failure that helps no one.

I think it is important to realize the causes that lead to stubble burning in the first place. Criminalizing a behavior without addressing its root causes is a recipe for failure that helps no one.

What failure? Pakistan have reduced it significantly over the years and have been successful. It's separate issue that you are hatred doesn't let you see any good about Pakistan.

When will our candy *** leaders speak for the people?
delhi-anomalies.jpg

People are dying due to diseases,The air feels like the atmosphere is lit on fire.
Does anybody in the Military or the Government care? Has any statement even raised the voices of Common Pakistanis? The elderly and young people alike which cannot even leave their homes due to the smog ,People are being killed due to traffic accidents ,Schools and colleges are being shut down.

The amount of Beghariti is sickening.

When will India stop this practice of burning crops ? When will the hindus stop killing innocent people in this region in the name of religion?
We should give clear threats to the Indian government ,Fix this problem or else we will fix it by creating more smog for you.
PS: This helps everyyear and it has to stop .
This is entirely unacceptable , be it Chinese in the name of CPEC and industrialization f***** the air or the Hindus to the East who are a major problem for ordinary Pakistanis each year with their dewali and farmers.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/165878-smog-affects-countrys-power-distribution-system

https://www.geo.tv/latest/166267-smog-persists-one-killed-over-15-injured-in-accidents-across-punjab

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ution-causes-car-accidents-illness/833620001/

Indians to the East, if you please; with your present attitude, nobody 'to the East' is likely to spend any time listening to you. Except types like me, who don't matter.

I voted for military action; that is known as reductio ab absurdum.

How to fix India's burning issue: turn unwanted straw into bioenergy pellets
The practice is causing havoc on India’s roads and exacerbating health problems, but alternative ways of getting rid of it have long been beyond the reach of most farmers’ pockets

You can read this long a$$ article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...ed-straw-into-bioenergy-pellets-a7713881.html

Indians have a plan to only market Electric cars after 2030.
Similarly they should make a short-term plan for the next few decades.

We all know India won't do anything to solve something that is affecting Pakistan, neither the military option for such a thing is necessary. I'm uneducated on this matter and I wanna know from those who are educated on this matter that whether or not there are steps that Pakistan can take individually to reduce or even eliminate smog from Pakistan?

@Northern @Joe Shearer

Northern mian,

When will India stop this practice of burning crops ? When will the hindus stop killing innocent people in this region in the name of religion?

I am a bit mystified with the linkage. Are you suggesting that the harvested Indian crop plants are considered widows by the Hindoos and are hence being sutteed?

Regards

What failure? Pakistan have reduced it significantly over the years and have been successful. It's separate issue that you are hatred doesn't let you see any good about Pakistan.

Please look at the map again. There is much to be done in Pakistan still that will help.

Yeah there is a lot to do in Pakistan but at same time it's also fact Indian side have to do even more.
crop-1.jpg

Absolutely correct, and I have said this before, if you missed it in the thread.

We need trees good enviornment both sides. Pakistan and india both should work together on this issue.

I have voted for strong military response..... Bombing New Delhi and Punjab should be Considered... which should force delhi to stop the smog....

Sarcasm off: Well I agree that we have a serious issue at our hand.... and GOI is doing what is possible in its hands... 2020 we will have BS6 in place....

I have voted for strong military response..... Bombing New Delhi and Punjab should be Considered... which should force delhi to stop the smog....

Sarcasm off: Well I agree that we have a serious issue at our hand.... and GOI is doing what is possible in its hands... 2020 we will have BS6 in place....
Crop burning is the main issues farmer do this because remains of burned somewhat fruitful for next harvest and this happens in Pakistani Punjab also we should impose ban on them since lot of other natural and synthetic solutions are available for better crops.

Leave the O.P since we do have green bakhts who don't know about war even not aware of History Prophet Mohammed PBUH said "Don't wish for war and when impose bear it".

Further coal fired power generation plants should be banned in this subcontinent because we have large population, mostly poor and we are adding more to their miseries by giving them Asthma, T.B and lung cancer.
@Joe Shearer

Crop burning is the main issues farmer do this because remains of burned somewhat fruitful for next harvest and this happens in Pakistani Punjab also we should impose ban on them since lot of other natural and synthetic solutions are available for better crops.

Agree 200%.

The Supreme Court has been tearing its collective hair out over this, but the Haryana and Punjab governments don't do anything. It's been nearly a decade of shouting and screaming, to no avail. This is an utterly ridiculous situation. When I was in Dera Bassi (20 kms out of Chandigarh, on the Ambala Highway) for a few months in 2014, I found it difficult to get through the road south of Ambala because of the thick smog; visibility was down to about six feet!

I looked it up; it's been done world-wide but mainly for wheat, I think; there is nothing like that in Bengal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubble_burning

Leave the O.P since we do have green bakhts who don't know about war even not aware of History Prophet Mohammed PBUH said "Don't wish for war and when impose bear it".

As my friend @jbgt90 puts it, on PDF, people (on both sides) have already declared war. :hitwall:

Look at the sharp contrast to this in the attitudes of the doyens of our forum, people like Niaz Sahib, Oscar Anna, and Kaptaan. When will we ever learn?

Further coal fired power generation plants should be banned in this subcontinent because we have large population, mostly poor and we are adding more to their miseries by giving them Asthma, T.B and lung cancer.
@Joe Shearer

coal fired power generation plants should be banned in this subcontinent

Golden words.

But these should be banned world-wide. You might have read of the incoherent fury of environmentalists at the cavalier attitude of the Trump Administration towards use of fossil fuel.

I have a dearly beloved niece who is an asthmatic, and it is difficult for me to see how callous people in positions of power are to this problem. We can reap huge gains from conversion of coal to useful chemicals, instead of burning it. With the enormous increase in reusable energy sources under this government (one of the very few things they've done right), we may soon come to a stage where solar and wind energy, with some major underwriting by nuclear and hydel power, may meet all our needs.

@Northern @Joe Shearer

Northern mian,

I am a bit mystified with the linkage. Are you suggesting that the harvested Indian crop plants are considered widows by the Hindoos and are hence being sutteed?

Regards

If I had not been informed differently, I might have groped around for some connection between saute and suttee.

GOP should introduce electric cars and Hybrid to combat this situation as the air pollution will simply get worse, The diesel trucks that emit thick black smoke in the air as this is very dangerous for health, they should introduce a system like in the UK which is known as MOT, the vehicles need to be tested for road worthiness including emitting CO2 emissions, if that was to happen probably more than 60% of vehicles would be banned in Pakistan due to not meeting emission targets and mechanical failure.

Yeah My hometown is looking as creepy as Silent Hill for Past 2 Weeks :(

Back
Top Bottom