Pakistani FM Invites Russian President to Pakistan for Afghan Summit

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just saw Pakistani FM press conference with Russian FM
2012-02-08T080005Z_1860507611_GM1E82818OS01_RTRMADP_3_RUSSIA.JPG

Khar to visit Russia to invite Medvedev

SLAMABAD – Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar is likely to visit Moscow in early February to formally invite Russian President Dmitri Medvedev to visit Pakistan, according to The Express Tribune January 20.
f Medvedev accepts the invitation, he will be the first Russian head of state to visit Islamabad.

Pakistan decided to invite him based on the foreign policy recommendations of an all-party and bicameral parliamentary panel.

The review includes recommendations that Pakistan must re-evaluate its relationship with Russia. A two-day conference of Pakistani ambassadors in December proposed measures to upgrade ties with Moscow.

In May, President Asif Ali Zardari visited Moscow, the first official visit to Russia by a Pakistani head of state in 37 years.
Khar to visit Russia to invite Medvedev - Central Asia Online

They said we will come

Invited twice before
i hope now he will come
after mmrca and mi-28 losing il-78 losing ka-226 rejection
if they than give them historical protocol
to him like never before

Nothing to become jealous ... Ms. Khar is a FM of a nation & she invited the FM of Russia to take a visit of Pakistan...

Pakistan is a very important & also powerful enough nation of south Asia... now how much time will Russia ignore Pakistan on behalf of India?

Why are some of my country mate taking it too much emotionally? Indian govt. personals are also making visits to Pakistan..
So if India is making deals with Russia in huge amount, we want to direct their foreign policies also??

It would be good for India if Pakistan can manage to establish decent relationship with Russia. A common friend can help negotiating a lot of issues between us :tup:

Mr Medvedev should definitely accept for Ms. Khar if not for Pakistan ;)

lol Russia thinking it had made a mistake?Lmao are u kidding me?

It on the que of improved relations with India tht Russia has been given the green to intervene in this geopolitical game(that touches on Indian sensitivities).
and ull be utterly naive if ud think tht America wasn't in on this too.

Im must say tho im impressed ,
What Russia has definitely learnt form China, is how to heard the Green sheep ;
and has definitely upped its ante in its geopolitical ambitions.

Balancing much of the reasons of any kind of conflict.Polatical,PRoxy or military.

Having said this ...this equation is gonna bring about a strong balance in the region ... a win win for everyone.

Give it some time and ull see Russia making advances into Afghanistani development as well..
though appeasing Pakistan would bee a correct move in every respect ...this way Pakistan doesn't feel isolated ..and will welcome Russia in Afganistan.
11-10-2011 09:19 PM

Was i right or What??
Read post #17
http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/139833-russia-pledges-1-billion-pakistan-steel-electricity.html

if Russia does what it does ...i for one see hope for our part of asia.

Nothing to become jealous ... Ms. Khar is a FM of a nation & she invited the FM of Russia to take a visit of Pakistan...

Pakistan is a very important & also powerful enough nation of south Asia... now how much time will Russia ignore Pakistan on behalf of India?

Why are some of my country mate taking it too much emotionally? Indian govt. personals are also making visits to Pakistan..
So if India is making deals with Russia in huge amount, we want to direct their foreign policies also??
You dont have a clue what you are talking about. Russia cut off ties with pak not because of India..it's coz of what pak has done to the Russians during the cold war time. pak involved itself is the mujahid sh!t which pissed off the Russians. India doesnot have the clout over Russia as you think nor is India willing t have. BUT having sid that, I'd also like to tell you that Russian foreign policy is formed giving India a high priority and vice versa.

nice to see pakistan and russia on same page

What same page??? where?? In which capacity??

Read the news again it says "If" he accepts the invitation to visit Pakistan there is big "if" in it.

Back
Top Bottom