What's new

Pakistani Film " MOOR"

Even in rural Pakistan?
In our state, Hollywood movies have very less market. Its increasing steadily. People prefer to watch Regional movies. Actually Hollywood dubbed movies are screened more than the Bollywood movies in towns.

Yes it helps the movie industry. But there should be more than that See the case of Kannada movie industry. Though there are enough theaters and people to watch movies, its lagging behind other south film units. They even banned dubbing movies more other languages (Only direct releases are allowed, No dubbing in to Kannada).
How far is movie actors influence in society in Pakistan?
In India especially in South movie actors have huge impact directly, indirectly, and politically.

Kick in Pakistan was released on 62 screens while in India 4400 screens. In 1980 before Zia Pakistan had over 600 screens! So it will take 2-3 decades before Pak get respectable number of screens to support our film industry once more.

Kick in Pakistan was released on 62 screens while in India 4400 screens. In 1980 before Zia Pakistan had over 600 screens! So it will take 2-3 decades before Pak get respectable number of screens to support our film industry once more.
2-3 decades seems like long time. Why isnt government taking care of the movie industry. Also there should be movie theaters for less prices (starting from 30- 40 Pakistan rupee). Government should regulate ticket prices in multiplexes and ordinary theaters.
Though quality of movies and creativity is very low in most Indian movies, I am glad that at least we have an industry and some day our directors and music composers start thinking than copying stuff from Argentina to America.

2-3 decades seems like long time. Why isnt government taking care of the movie industry. Also there should be movie theaters for less prices (starting from 30- 40 Pakistan rupee). Government should regulate ticket prices in multiplexes and ordinary theaters.
Though quality of movies and creativity is very low in most Indian movies, I am glad that at least we have an industry and some day our directors and music composers start thinking than copying stuff from Argentina to America.

Traditionally watching movies in cinemas is looked down upon in most of the paksitan outside big urban regions like karachi or lahore. There isn't any demand from the society outside big urban areas for cinemas. most of the people in pakistan prefer to watch movies at home on cable TV or CD players.

At least decade is needed before 200-300 screens, Waar was begining of Pak cinema revival.

Traditionally watching movies in cinemas is looked down upon in most of the paksitan outside big urban regions like karachi or lahore. There isn't any demand from the society outside big urban areas for cinemas. most of the people in pakistan prefer to watch movies at home on cable TV or CD players.
Thanks for clarifying. We really cant blame movie makers when there isnt any demand for the movies in whole country.
Also one more doubt. Do rich people and business people involve in movie making. Is movie industry considered as good option for living. My guess is rural and town people contributes zero for cinema in Pakistan.

At least decade is needed before 200-300 screens, Waar was begining of Pak cinema revival.
What is the budget of Waar exactly? How much did it collected? How many days did it run officially?

I know Zia passed strict censor laws but i think after downfall of industry many started to make vulgar type movies which will even put bollywood to shame. I am talking about lollywood. Peshawar movies are on different league when it comes to vulgarity.

Only in last decade lollywood have put end to these types of movies.

Thanks for clarifying. We really cant blame movie makers when there isnt any demand for the movies in whole country.
Also one more doubt. Do rich people and business people involve in movie making. Is movie industry considered as good option for living. My guess is rural and town people contributes zero for cinema in Pakistan.

What is the budget of Waar exactly? How much did it collected? How many days did it run officially?

It collected about 24 crores in Pakistan. No idea about budget.

I know Zia passed strict censor laws but i think after downfall of industry many started to make vulgar type movies which will even put bollywood to shame. I am talking about lollywood. Peshawar movies are on different league when it comes to vulgarity.

There is similar case in Kerala. With reduced censor in Kerala, malayalam people started making vulgar movies (Mallu movies). Then they revived rules and Malayalam movie industry is back on track.

There is similar case in Kerala. With reduced censor in Kerala, malayalam people started making vulgar movies (Mallu movies). Then they revived rules and Malayalam movie industry is back on track.

Actually in Pak vulgar movies became common after strict censor laws were passed by Zia. Especially in 90's and early 00. Easy to bribe censor board in Pakistan. But it didnt last long and eventually people stopped watching them altoghether.

It collected about 24 crores in Pakistan. No idea about budget.

Actually there were some "specific" cinemas in every city in pakistan that used to screen **** movies in 90s . I remember there were two cinemas in my own city gujranwala namely "Khan Mahal" and "Zinco cinema" that used to screen **** movies. Similarly in lahore "moon light" and "nageena" cinema used to screen **** movies. Due to this reason there was a general bad impression about going to cinemas even though 90 % other cinemas used to screen regular pakistani and hollywood movies.

Back
Top Bottom