What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Farah Talib Aziz introduces a variety of Eid Collections
13307455_10153822293998127_4954584868342653159_n.jpg
13241183_10153822294078127_950570117233319186_n.jpg
13307352_10153822293963127_4108798362118343596_n.jpg
13244772_10153822293983127_382137677133004517_n.jpg

@django @The Sandman

agreed... the language is mature, factual and sounds just like any desi fashion reviewer.

i will tag our friend, @Chinese Bamboo , to celebrate the maturity of the chinese reporting, though she has indeed said that she will be busy for some months and will only occasionally pop-in here.

bridal dress show... what is this desi obsession with weddings??

who's the one on extreme right??
I want everyone

Designer duo Farhan and Ambreen launch their first outlet in Karachi

'I am excited because it has been our dream to open a retail outlet and we really want it to be successful. With this launch, we are ready to compete with big brands out there'

designer-duo-farhan-and-ambreen-launch-their-first-outlet-in-karachi-96059225b3a7002f641a66abc7db46c2.JPG

• Designer duo, Farhan Wahid and Ambreen Wahid after consistently displaying their creative designs in Pakistan and other countries launched their first flagship store on Tariq Road, Karachi.

Special Advisor to Chief Minister Sindh for Culture & Tourism Sharmila Farooqi inaugurated the event. The ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at Farhan and Ambreen's newly-launched store which was followed by a glitzy fashion presentation. Renowned models dressed up in formal outfits and walked the ramp displaying F&A's latest collection. The hair and make-up for the event was done by Depilex. The high-end event which was creatively organised by Take II was well-attended by the who's who of the media, showbiz and fashion industry.

Farhan Wahid while talking about the launch said, "I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I am excited because it has been our long due dream to open a retail outlet and we really want it to be successful. With the launch of this outlet we are ready to compete with big brands out there."

He also added that the reason to open an outlet on Tariq Road was its accessibility from across the city.

"Tariq Road is a retail paradise and it's an excellent place to launch our outlet as it is situated at the centre of the city and just like other shopping centres it doesn't have any parking issues," he added.

Sharmila Farooqi while talking to the media said she considered it as an ideal place to shop for fashion lovers.

"It is an excellent place to visit as they offer trendy outfits in reasonable prices. Farhan and Ambreen have been in this business for over 10 years and they certainly master the art of transforming an ordinary piece of cloth into creative piece," she added.

F&A's newly launched store had a complete range of women's wear from casual kurties to bridal outfits. The store was segregated in two floors - ground floor had an exclusive variety of prêt-wear whereas a bridal studio was situated at mezzanine floor.

The price range of F&A kurtis started from Rs 2,200 whereas casual three-piece stitched suits were available in the range of Rs 4,000. However, their semi-formal range started from Rs 20,000 onwards.

The sibling duo Farhan Wahid and Ambreen Wahid, has carved a niche for themselves with their unique work in the fashion world. They have showcased their collection in leading fashion weeks internationally and locally. With a mission to take their brand to another level they are planning to expand their retail base to all the major cities of Pakistan.

Women Across Pakistan Are Going Crazy After This Summer Fashion Trend

t1.jpg

The season’s hottest trend to hit the Pakistani streets is without a doubt, Tulip Shalwars.

Also known as Dhoti Shalwars, these loose pants have taken the Pakistani fashion scene by storm this summer.

Social media is abuzz with the look and and darzi’s are scratching their heads.
Because to be very honest it’s not an easy task to make a cylindrical leg-sized pocket. Here’s what our countrymen (more of women) have to say about the tulip of the season:
Ci45qngU4AAj6Xb.jpg:large

[URL='https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=733587426749210624']
[/URL]
WHY IS NO BRAND SELLING STITCHED TULIP SHALWAR IN COTTON MATERIAL YET. PFFFFTTTTTT
You know, I wasn't feeling the tulip shalwar trend but I'm a changed woman. I absolutely love it now.
*calls aunt in PK and applies butter*

Ci1nfecWkAAXzjo.jpg:large

CjDVmT7WsAAiTEE.jpg:large

Cggyq4QUEAEiWtQ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SadiyaAzhar

CgDto-lUIAALy21.jpg:large

Why are we Eid shopping already?!

Just when we thought we were done with summer shopping, out came the ads again, pitching an enticing new key word: Eid!

574c25c611245.jpg

Eid's come early, if you'd believe designer ads - Photo courtesy Sana Safinaz's official Facebook page

And now, just when you thought you were done with your shopping, out came the advertisements again, pitching an all-new key word to entice you: ‘Eid’!

Eid, already?!
But Eid is more than a month away. The fasting month of Ramadan is yet to begin and you’re still happily gorging on three meals a day (albeit not too much because you want to continue fitting into that summer wardrobe you’ve amassed so diligently). Nevertheless, Eid exhibits and collections are quite the ‘it’ things right now, drawing in crowds and a healthy bit of shoving and pushing all the way to the sales till.

574c212c25e83.jpg

Khaadi launched its first collection in chiffon for this Eid

574c212c10749.jpg

Pieces from Sana Safinaz's Eid collection are already 'sold out'

“The fabric adds in a luxe element,” explains Safinaz, “so that the clothes can be worn in the evening, on Eid, at a big dinner or even at events leading to a wedding.”

It’s a clever marketing decision. Lawn designs, even the most embellished ones, are now nothing new to the market. Eid collections in more formal fabric, meanwhile, manage to immediately catch women’s attention – especially since they are also ideal for the wedding season that immediately follows Eid.

574c24e353a05.jpg

Bought for Eid, treasured all year round - Maria B's M-Broidered are hot-sellers

There are also festive lines that have just been launched by textile bigshots Al-Karam and Gul Ahmed, high-street maverick Sapphire and many more are sure to follow. Oh well, the more the merrier.

Shopping … on a full stomach

But would designers – and textile mills - benefit more were they to release collections a bit later, cashing in on the pre-Eid hype, when the nation at large fasts all day and then treats itself with shopping splurges?

Apparently, the pre-Eid hype has already begun.

574c241a2dffb.jpg

Seen here at their private showing of their Eid collection, Farah Talib Aziz's public exhibition was a knockout the next day

And therefore, even though the festival is still more than a month away, it’s Eid shopping season. If you’re the red-blooded shopaholic woman that you claim to be, you’ve probably already stocked on some of those Eid designs

“A Bride Should Only Wear Red” – HSY
HSY.jpg

Hassan Sheheryar Yasin who is more well known as HSY is a very famous designer who is not only known for his dress designs but also for his own distinguished style. HSY and his mother were interviewed by Sanam Jung on her show. HSY shared what an important role his mother – who was a single parent had played in his life. It was because of the support of his mother and sister that he managed to get this far.
HSY talked about many things about his life, his personality and his career in the show. When Sanam Jung asked him which color should a girl wearing on her wedding day. To this replied,

“Girls should only wear red color on their wedding day. Red looks the best on our girls, on our brides, it is in line with our culture and looks good with our skin tone. Many people say that red color is not part of our cultural wedding but I believe people go to weddings only to look at the bride. It is her day and she deserves to look like a princess. The look that red color can give, no other color can give.”

He also added,

“Girls nowadays think they will look fabulous in light colors but they have to realize they are not going to Oscars, they don’t have to copy Bollywood. Red is the color of our cultural wedding and it looks outstanding. This is something I am very emotional about.”

Talking about how seriously he took red color for brides, he said,

“I am not trying to make anyone feel bad about what they design but for me red is the only color for the main event of the wedding. I try to convince brides a little that they should wear red when they come to me but there is only so much I can say to convince them because in the end it is their choice. Wedding is a moment of happiness and bright colors reflect happy moments

HSY also had an interesting suggestion for all the other family members. He said,

“I would also like to say that close relatives (girls) should not dress up thinking that they are in competition with the bride. It is the bride’s day, let her shine, don’t try to take the attention off of her by wearing similar colors and even outfits.”

The one with the prominent jawline is nice, the other one is more @jamahir type
I thought you people discuss FASHION here, the pics are meant to show the dresses and not JAW lines.
Your comments, IGNORING everything else gives me a different perspective regarding this thread. :P

Qandeel Baloch to appear in Bigg Boss 10?

Pakistan’s drama queen has taken to Facebook to announce that she’ll be starring in India’s most-watched reality TV show, Big Boss.

Her post has set rumour mills abuzz that the queen of controversies is among the top 5 contestants to be featured in the show’s upcoming season – Bigg Boss 10.

Whether it’s true or not, Qandeel is definitely enjoying all the limelight.
16-2.gif

It will be quite an achievement for her, but unfortunately she won’t be the first Pakistani to up the drama quotient in the controversial show. Previously, Veena Malik and Ali Saleem have played their part in Bigg Boss 4.

However, the format of season 10 titled India Isse Apna Hi Ghar Samjhohas been tweaked like never before. For the first time in the history ofBigg Boss, the common man can participate and get a chance to live with their favourite celebrities,

It is yet to be confirmed if Qandeel will be playing the part of the “common man” or the “celebrity.”

Back
Top Bottom