What's new

Pakistani Fashion

There is clear disconnect between what women can wear in Pakistan and what these designers are designing. The Pakistan's Muslim society is very conservative and women can't wear some of these skimpy clothes in public. A very small clique may wear these clothes in their private parties in posh areas.

17434,xcitefun-sara-3.jpg

CybilChaudhry.jpg

cybil.jpg

There is clear disconnect between what women can wear in Pakistan and what these designers are designing. The Pakistan's Muslim society is very conservative and women can't wear some of these skimpy clothes in public. A very small clique may wear these clothes in their private parties in posh areas.

Come to Karachi and you will see that many in the quite a few areas of Pakistan are dressed in the way these designers are showcasing here.

Though you will not see this in rural areas, this is more common for women and specifically girls to be be dressed like this in cities.

I am guessing you have not been to Pakistan extensively for quite some time.

Very astute observation. It has been 20 years. Time flies.

go pakistan now and see new and modren era pakistan .

my brother always joke he say

next 10 years pakistan will be like india free
and next 10 years india will be like USA west
and next 10 years USA west ban all type of clothes .start from hijab now.:rofl:

go pakistan now and see new and modren era pakistan .

my brother always joke he say

next 10 years pakistan will be like india free
and next 10 years india will be like USA west
and next 10 years USA west ban all type of clothes .start from hijab now.:rofl:

Nonetheless, the Indian women in Canada also don't wear the skimpy clothes portrayed in Indian TV serials and Bollywood films. Probably they have also not gone back to India for many years. It also reminds me of Canadian Italian article in newspaper where Italian sociologist has commented that Italian families that migrated to Canada in 1950s has same family values that existed in Italy at that time. While the Italian women go topless and live together these are still taboo among Canadian-Italian families. So many immigrants are living in time warp of olden days of their homeland.

Pictures speak a 1000 words:

Lahore, Pakistan
att00001k.jpg

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
att00002r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom