What's new

Pakistani F-16s Reach 100,000 Accident Free Flight

This is an old news, from before the time we ordered the 52+s. We've lost a plane, probably to pilot disorientation, since.

congragulations paf.

isn't paf the largest and oldest operator of falcons other than usaf?
correct me if i am wrong

that is amazing. shows the power of desi "jugaar"

congragulations paf.

isn't paf the largest and oldest operator of falcons other than usaf?
correct me if i am wrong

We are one of the very earliest and oldest operators but not the largest nor the first after the US. The largest user of the F-16s, after the US, is Israel. The four European countries: Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands and Norway, now known as the European Participation Group were the firsts after the US to place orders for the bird. This order was split among the as 116 for Belgium, 58 for Denmark, 102 for the Netherlands, and 72 for Norway. And I think Pakistan was the 7th country to acquire this bird. But still

Congratulations to the PAF and its pilots. .

the F-16 is a formidable, battle-tested and effective all-round platform and has served Pakistan well.

Cool old certificate. The Christian phrasing at the date probably doesn't go over too well these days! ;)

our newspapers, schools, institutions etc. (much like the rest of the entire world) does go by the calendar year of thy Lord! :)

our newspapers, schools, institutions etc. (much like the rest of the entire world) does go by the calendar year of thy Lord! :)

Actually its been changed, at least in the academic circles all over the world, particularly because of its religious aspect. To remove these religious overtones 'BC' is now 'BCE'=Before common era and 'AD' is now 'CE'=common era (Let alone writing "the year of our Lord") i.e. we are living in 2011 CE not 2011 AD. Though the practice of using 'BC' and 'AD' is still quite wide spread but its being worked on.....old habits die hard, specially in our part of the world.

Note: Only the names, so to speak, have been changed the dates and the 'dating' mechanism still remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom