What's new

Pakistani Diaspora Among the World's Largest

Is having a large diaspora population a good thing?
Has its benefits :remittances, host nation's opinion, entrepreneurial advantage,...........and maybe extreme ones like espionage etc

The diaspora population is, generally, entrepreneurial, progressive, hard working, law abiding -- seems to me just exactly the kind of people you want to stay in the country, so why then do they leave, what does it say about the state from which they leave? and the kinds of states they migrate to?

The answer is obvious , he/she cannot succeed in the native country as much as say in USA.

really amazing man whatever u guys c going in indian favour u come out with a logic to counter it
to counter this logic germany has 476000 diaspora in USA it doesnt mean that USA is better than germany or germany is better than USA
and by ur logic what u will say about china having 10 million more diaspora than india and going by ur logic china is not better than india because more entrepreneurial, progressive, hard working, law abiding ppl left china is that what r u trying to say?

the conclusion is not drawn to the fact which country is better based upon diaspora.The question that muse is asking is whether having a large diaspora is a good thing or not.You reading between the lines a bit too much.

really amazing man whatever u guys c going in indian favour u come out with a logic to counter it
to counter this logic germany has 476000 diaspora in USA it doesnt mean that USA is better than germany or germany is better than USA
and by ur logic what u will say about china having 10 million more diaspora than india and going by ur logic china is not better than india because more entrepreneurial, progressive, hard working, law abiding ppl left china is that what r u trying to say?

I"ll assure you the muse generally has no malicious intent while discussing Indo-Pak topics

Never, never , Never! be defensive - My post had zip to do with India, you may not know this about my focus, it is not India -- Yes, it seems to me that you have to apply the logic across the board, whether for China, For Pakistan for Mexico or for India -- alternately you have to highlight something else about the group that form the diaspora and find significant differences from one group to the other, which can account for the qualities e gighlighted.

The answer is obvious , he/she cannot succeed in the native country as much as say in USA.

That's where I am beginning - what is it about these people - they leave their homes, their environment and head to these new places - which incredibly, welcome them -- and look, why do they do so much better than the native born in those new countries?

I"ll assure you the muse generally has no malicious intent while discussing Indo-Pak topics
you may be right but if you read the whole thread in one shot tell me what will u interpret fight pakistani members were saying that majority of indian were doing low end job compared to pakistani diaspora which was proved wrong
then muse's comment comes
i am sure his intention were right but timing was wrong for sure

That's where I am beginning - what is it about these people - they leave their homes, their environment and head to these new places - which incredibly, welcome them -- and look, why do they do so much better than the native born in those new countries?

There are cases when you just have to do it because of the situation.Say, you are employed in a multinational company.They decide to send you on deputation,you will go,right? You may feel like a fish out of water,but then its your job to go.

Also,you cannot underestimate the benefits provided by the exchange rate.

Anyways back on topic in today's globalizing world if you have s trong Diaspora its great advantage not only in terms of money but also politically best example is indian caucus in USA tilting the USA policy in indian fav.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Never, never , Never! be defensive - My post had zip to do with India, you may not know this about my focus, it is not India -- Yes, it seems to me that you have to apply the logic across the board, whether for China, For Pakistan for Mexico or for India -- alternately you have to highlight something else about the group that form the diaspora and find significant differences from one group to the other, which can account for the qualities e gighlighted.
plz refer post no 145

Opportunities!

A bright Pakistani student who put the same level of effort in his native nation's top university ,in say, MIT certainly will have a brighter future.

Another twisted post from you as usual.

There are approx. 3 Million Indians in U.S. There are 200 thousand Pakistani in U.S. Ratio is 1:15 (if data is true)

For India, 16,000 Taxi Driver out of 3 Million means 0.56% as Taxi Driver.
For Pakistan, 10,000 Taxi Driver out of 2,00,000 means 5% as Taxi Driver.

So, Difference is 1:10 population wise. Also, Indian IT Professional number is more than Pakistani people in U.S. :smokin:

So tell me.

If you are looking for a taxi in US, who are you more likely to find: An Indian taxi driver or a Pakistani taxi driver?

The NY Times data I share with you says that there is 60% higher chance of you getting an Indian driver over a Pakistani driver.

If you can't compare it, Talk sh!t about it! :tup:

Inferiority complex of these people is itself visible on this very thread....LOL

Hahahah....and they say....:tongue:

why do they do so much better than the native born in those new countries?

In one word: complacency.

And, not to rain on anyone's parade, but second and third-generation descendents of immigrants are just as 'lazy' as the locals.

So tell me.

If you are looking for a taxi in US, who are you more likely to find: An Indian taxi driver or a Pakistani taxi driver?

The NY Times data I share with you says that there is 60% higher chance of you getting an Indian driver over a Pakistani driver.

Cause there are more Indians than Pakistanis in America!

You also have higher chances of running into Indian doctors, engineers and IT professionals!

Pakistani workforce: Indian workforce= 1:6

Pakistani taxi drivers: Indian taxi driver = 1:1.5

Pakistani doctors: Indian doctors = 1:5

Pakistani teachers: Indian teachers = 1:11

Pakistani engineers: Indian engineers = 1:12.5

Pakistani IT professionals: Indian IT Prof = 1:28

Pakistani scientists: Indian scientists = 1:26

Pakistani managers/admin: Indian man/admins=1:9

You also have higher chances of running into Indian doctors, engineers and IT professionals!

The stereotype being discussed is of Pakistani taxi driver, and this stereotype is clearly demolished by the fact that there are 60% more Indian taxi drivers than Pakistani tax drivers in America.

As to the overall workforce ratio, there are seven times as many Indians as Pakistanis in America....not 6 times.

The data also confirms the severity of brain drain from India to US...particularly given the fact that Indians have among the lowest graduation rates (3.1%)at tertiary level in India...even lower than Pakistan's (3.9%).

Haq's Musings: Pakistan Ahead of India in Graduation Rates at All Levels

Nothing but the zionist propaganda.

On a serious note, I would really love it if these guys come back to India. They can really fuel the development, but then again money matters and most of it is still in the West.

Back
Top Bottom