What's new

Pakistani defense based on missile nuclear deterrent

Self preservation, existential threats, resistance to hegemony, and the strategic competition with rival India has spurred Pakistani efforts to acquire indiginously produced ballistic missiles . Pakistan’s missile industry includes a large solid rocket motor production complex and a ballistic missile test facility. Pakistan has gone a lot of pians to unsure tha that missiles are considered India-specific. All of Indian territory can now been targeted. Most analysts believe that Pakistni missile capability is more advanced than previously known or advertized.

Assessing Pakistan’s missile program is extremely difficult becuase of the dearth of information and the variety of sources which may come from biased sources. Tracking missile development in Pakistan is all the more difficult becuase, for obvious reasons of sanity and security, Pakistani government agencies deliberately resort to using a plethora of nomenclatures to describe one or another missile program. Indian analysts reduce the efforts of the Pakistani by labeling the missiles as imports. Pakistani misslies like the Indian missiles is based on Russian and Chinese technology. It also got cooperation from North Korea. HATF-3 (Ghaznavi), HATF-5 (Ghauri), HATF-4 (Shaheen-1) have already been handed over to Pakistan Army’s Strategic Force Command.

Like India, Pakistan does not keep its ballistic missile force on operational alert. During peacetime, the missile force and nuclear warheads are stored separately; the warheads themselves are believed to be stored in a disassembled form for security reasons. Plans exist to assemble nuclear warheads during a crisis or emergency, and arm the missiles with warheads at a subsequent stage. Integrated teams of military personnel and nuclear scientists/engineers probably undertake such a task, ensuring organizational checks and balances, as well as ensuring that no rogue commander or scientist could act independently of the national command authority. However, the precise make-up of such teams, as well as the operational procedures for warhead assembly, dispersal, arming of the missile force during a crisis, and delegation of authority for use during a conflict, remain tightly held secrets. Source; NTI

The Swiss defense is based on taking advantage of their topography. Pakistani missles are kept deep inside mountain caves that can withstand nuclear attacks and prevent roving satellites and drones from discovering their actual locations.

Pakistan’s missile program is important for two reasons. First, Pakistan is a nuclear weapon state. Missiles give Pakistan the means to deliver its nuclear warheads farther and with more certainty than it could with aircraft. Second, the May nuclear weapons tests of both Pakistan and India illustrate the high tensions and spiraling arms race in South Asia. Ballistic missiles, which shorten warning times, increase the chances of accidental or preemptive nuclear conflict. According to Samar Mobarik Mand, a scientist at Pakistan’s Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC), Pakistan also has a 435 mile nuclear-capable missile ready for a test-launch, the Shaheen-I.

Bismillah

be it ICBM , M.I.R.V. or whatever missile it is , Pakistan must be able to launch rockets to space in near the future for man and unmanned missions.
so yes our our econmy as one poster had put it must be improved.

Inshallah we will be building space station, going to the moon or even Mars in the future inshallah.

Construction an ICBM would have far fetcjed regional implications.
.....rather than turning 'others' ON, without any reason.

I agree creating a new enemy for no reason or should I say giving them the excuse to nuke you is absolute foolishness but look at this this thread in the Pakistani defence forum

Link:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...s/25060-us-plans-go-beyond-pak-existence.html

Bismillah

be it ICBM , M.I.R.V. or whatever missile it is , Pakistan must be able to launch rockets to space in near the future for man and unmanned missions.
so yes our our econmy as one poster had put it must be improved.

Inshallah we will be building space station, going to the moon or even Mars in the future inshallah.

I agree creating a new enemy for no reason or should I say giving them the excuse to nuke you is absolute foolishness but look at this this thread in the Pakistani defence forum

Link:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...s/25060-us-plans-go-beyond-pak-existence.html

i respect your feeling bro, but i personally feel that we are still far away from the kind of technological advancements that you have mentioned.

There many factors that affect these quantum leaps, money is just one of them.

Construction an ICBM would have far fetcjed regional implications.
Imagine Pakistan having a missile capable of reaching Israel..lolzzzz... that would be a mess for us.

Anywaz, we don't have any intentions to create hegemony in the sub-continent (as india do) so we are contended with all what we have. We focus more on our indian counterparts rather than turning 'others' ON, without ant reason.

You're right but that 9is why we must have them!
but only if we can get the Taliban out.Otherwise an ICBM would be disasterous as people will start to think that militants might launch a nuclear weapon on ISRAEL.

You're right but that 9is why we must have them!
but only if we can get the Taliban out.Otherwise an ICBM would be disasterous as people will start to think that militants might launch a nuclear weapon on ISRAEL.

Well, only if we can get the Talibans out, not only the issue of missile but many other things would also be straightened up, so lets hope we can get our hands on them ASAP!

well i have read somewhere that Pakistan was going on with a 4500 km range missile but the us dont wanted us to do so coze of israeli pressure.

now for me the option is to develop a space programme rocket, it will have enough rande so that in any eventuality it can easily target Israel or other NATO or european countries, having a missile of long range do not measn you want to destroy of attack far off countries, it is just an asset in you arsenal!

China hav missiles taht can go around the gloab and come back to hit China, this do not mean they arte preparing for offensive action against themselves so whats wrong with Pakistan developing a missile ranging to africa or europe if we can also use it a spaca launch rocket!!

They got this right!

Last edited by a moderator:
great find bro

Pak Sar Zameen Shaad Baad
Kishwar-e-Haseen Shaad Baad.....................

I heard the same thing in articles comparing Indian missiles

Back
Top Bottom