What's new

Pakistani Deepak Perwani Among Top 10 Fashion Designers in the World

10580175_739114666154511_456620002673956647_n.jpg

With final score of 7 925.77 points in 6th PLACE in the World 2014, Continental WINNER for the Middle East and WINNER of Fans Favorites Awards, Special Worldwide Awards for Unique Guinness Acknowledgement and Philanthropy by Fashion Charity and Humanitarian support, of the international Bulgarian Fashion Award Eirene 2014 is DEEPAK PERWANY, Pakistan. Let’s all Congratulate him: Deepak Perwani|Men's and Women's Wear Designer|Shop Online-Deepak Perwani &Deepak Perwani | Facebook

:pakistan::pakistan:

Yakdam tumhara antena kiyon kharra ho gayya? What's wrong with you??? Pakistan isn't solely made up of Wahabi Sunni's............ nor was it ever meant for them......................

Asked just for information... Tumhara kyon antenna khara ho gaya??:o:

HINDUS IN PAKISTAN
Jai Kali Karachi Wali
They have their gods, their weddings, their businesses. These Hindus just happen to be living in Pakistan.

MANU JOSEPH

Bani is a Gujarati lady with moist red teeth and a wicked gleam in her eye. When she's in a good mood, the ancient temple sweeper with no confirmed human master will admit to being "between sixteen and eighty years old."

She sits at the gate of the Lakshmi Narayan temple, a small impoverished shrine that stands at one end of a creek in Karachi's prime real estate. Four young girls walk to the gate. The sheer beauty of two is completely wasted on Bani, who stops the girls with a wave and asks them to leave: "Muslims aren't allowed in."

"We just want to walk around and look," one of the girls, Rumi, says.

"Then go to the zoo," retorts Bani.

To the conventional secular urban sophisticate, this may sound like the dangerous portent of violent religious conflict. But there is no malice here. The entire exchange on this breezy Karachi evening is just about a marking of territory.

The Muslim girls are far from hurt. They plead between giggles. "We just want to pray." Hirakumari, a few months pregnant and related in some complicated way to Bani, tells them, "Go pray to your god. You eat cows, make fun of our gods, ask if our gods don't feel cold, being naked..."

But she then turns and whispers with a smile, "They are actually lovely people, these Muslims. They will feed us for the rest of our lives, if it comes to that. Pakistan is the only place I call home but how can we let Muslims inside (the temple)?"

A similar scene plays out at a crowded Shiva temple in Karachi's posh Clifton neighbourhood. It's Monday night, the busiest spell in the temple's week. Jayanti Ratna stands with a stick at the gate and screams 'Jai Shiv Shankar'. When someone doesn't respond he stops the trespasser with, "Muslims and Christians are not allowed."

Does it feel strange for a Hindu man in Pakistan to stand by a busy pavement and block local Muslims? "Not at all. I was born here. I belong here. I will exercise my right to serve my faith."

Today Pakistan's Hindus number somewhere between 2.5 million (a somewhat suspect official estimate) and 5 million (according to popular Hindu politician Kishinchand Parwani). Over 95 per cent of them live in the province of Sindh; most are poor farmers and labourers from the scheduled castes.

Many of the worshippers at Karachi's temples are somewhat better off, and the calm affluence of Karachi's wealthier Hindus is worlds apart. Thirty-year-old Deepak Perwani, his hair dyed red, and a Ganesha tattooed on his right arm, is one of Pakistan's top fashion designers. His quick Indo-Pak analysis: "There is one major difference. Indians can't cut a salwar to save their lives and Pakistanis can't cut a churidar!"

As with many Hindus here, 'Inshallah' slips out of his mouth easily as a prelude to anything and he eats beef, never pork. A travel agent once booked him into a Lahore hotel as an Indian. "I was pissed off. I struck out the word Indian and wrote Pakistani." Six years ago when he wanted to open a store on an upmarket Karachi street, his friends asked him not to flaunt his name outside. But he was soon forced by market pressure to put his brand up in massive type—Deepak Perwani. "There's been no trouble, not a single incident outside my shop."

Perwani is celebrated and patronised by the rich and mighty of Pakistan, even honoured as the country's cultural ambassador to China. But he has just one "small problem" being in Pakistan.

"Mathematical chance isn't on the side of a Sindhi Hindu looking for a suitable arranged match within the small community. The girl has to be imported," Perwani says, "since I am doing too well here to be exported." His mother Renu will parade him in Bombay, Dubai and Hong Kong, but as she says with motherly concern, "People in India or Dubai don't want their daughters to live in Pakistan. It's a mindset."

Renu's endearing motherly look turns somewhat severe when she considers the options for her son, "I would never accept a Muslim girl in my house. All my friends are Muslims and I know they are very beautiful people, cultured and nice. But a daughter-in-law is a different matter." In any case, her son can't marry a Muslim; Islamic law prohibits a Muslim marrying a Hindu. "I'd have to convert," says Deepak. "And I would never do that."

Rich hindus really got the balls in pakistan

If you ever meet a Hindu from Pakistan ,you'll shit yourself he'll eat you alive .there like the rest of the Pakistanis nothing different other than religion .

But what is the relation with the original post chutiye even he is there? What's you motive behind your stinky a*s?
Isn't the thread realted to perwani?? You smart a$$.

If you ever meet a Hindu from Pakistan ,you'll shit yourself he'll eat you alive .there like the rest of the Pakistanis nothing different other than religion .
Aren't they veg??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom