What's new

Pakistani court acquits model's killer on parents' pardon

Vanguard One

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Inappropriate comments about Islam/ Muslims
A Pakistani man sentenced to life in prison in 2019 for strangling his sister, a model on social media, was acquitted of murder on Monday after his parents pardoned him under Islamic law, an attorney for the man's family said.

Waseem Azeem was arrested in 2016 after he confessed to killing Qandeel Baloch, 26, for posting what he called "shameful" pictures on Facebook.

He was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison but his parents had sought his release, said Sardar Mahboob, a lawyer who represents Azeem and his family.

Islamic law in Pakistan allows a murder victim's family to pardon a convicted killer.

1645325482961.png

Waseem Azeem, a Pakistani man sentenced to life in prison in 2019 for strangling his sister, was acquitted of murder on Monday after his parents pardoned him under Islamic law. (AP)

Ms Baloch's murder at the time drew nationwide condemnation, but critics suspected Mr Azeem could walk out of prison after his conviction if his parents forgave him.

Mr Mahboob said Mr Azeem could be freed as early as this week after the completion of paperwork.

The siblings' mother, Anwar Bibi, welcomed the court order.

"I am happy over the acquittal of my son, but we are still sad for our daughter's loss," she said.

She told reporters that her slain daughter cannot come back "but I am thankful to the court, which ordered the release of my son at our request".

1645325532428.png

Qandeel Baloch, 26, was murdered by her brother, Waseem Azeem, in a so-called honour killing (Twitter)

Ms Baloch was found strangled in her home near the city of Multan in Punjab province.

She was killed after she posted racy pictures on Facebook of herself with a Muslim cleric, Mufti Abdul Qawi, who was later arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder.

The cleric was later freed as police said they could not establish a link to the murder.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistani women are murdered by close relatives each year in so-called "honour killings" for violating conservative norms on love and marriage.

Such killings are considered murder.

Mod Edit: Inappropriate comments about Islam/ Muslims/ Islamic/ Pakistani Laws

Last edited by a moderator:
A Pakistani man sentenced to life in prison in 2019 for strangling his sister, a model on social media, was acquitted of murder on Monday after his parents pardoned him under Islamic law, an attorney for the man's family said.

Waseem Azeem was arrested in 2016 after he confessed to killing Qandeel Baloch, 26, for posting what he called "shameful" pictures on Facebook.

He was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison but his parents had sought his release, said Sardar Mahboob, a lawyer who represents Azeem and his family.

Islamic law in Pakistan allows a murder victim's family to pardon a convicted killer.

View attachment 816953
Waseem Azeem, a Pakistani man sentenced to life in prison in 2019 for strangling his sister, was acquitted of murder on Monday after his parents pardoned him under Islamic law. (AP)

Ms Baloch's murder at the time drew nationwide condemnation, but critics suspected Mr Azeem could walk out of prison after his conviction if his parents forgave him.

Mr Mahboob said Mr Azeem could be freed as early as this week after the completion of paperwork.

"I am happy over the acquittal of my son, but we are still sad for our daughter's loss," she said.

She told reporters that her slain daughter cannot come back "but I am thankful to the court, which ordered the release of my son at our request".

View attachment 816954
Qandeel Baloch, 26, was murdered by her brother, Waseem Azeem, in a so-called honour killing (Twitter)

Ms Baloch was found strangled in her home near the city of Multan in Punjab province.

She was killed after she posted racy pictures on Facebook of herself with a Muslim cleric, Mufti Abdul Qawi, who was later arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder.

The cleric was later freed as police said they could not establish a link to the murder.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistani women are murdered by close relatives each year in so-called "honour killings" for violating conservative norms on love and marriage.

But Islamic law in Pakistan allows a murder victim's family to pardon the killer, which often allows those convicted of honour killings to escape punishment.

the same ISLAMIC law saved the life of Raymond Davis.
she chose this life despite knowing the risks and paid for it. her parents were the one's who forgave the killer so chill and focus on your own problems.

she chose this life despite knowing the risks and paid for it. her parents were the one's who forgave the killer so chill and focus on your own problems.
The problem is not with what she chose ,the problem is with the risks you are talking about or with the mindset from she was having the risk.

The problem is not with what she chose ,the problem is with the risks you are talking about or with the mindset from she was having the risk.

No vigilante group actively aided by local police rounds up and beat Valentine couples with rods in the middle of the pakistani capital . But yes i see there's a problem with our traditional ideals of male chauvinism , people still been following the subcontinental thousands year old ancient culture .

this is a problematic statement mate - whatever she was but "honor" killing is never right

No vigilante group actively aided by local police rounds up and beat Valentine couples with rods in the middle of the pakistani capital . But yes i see there's a problem with our traditional ideals of male chauvinism , people still been following the subcontinental thousands year old ancient culture .
One dosent need vigilante groups when everyone has the same mindset to lynch ,kill and burn someone.

Actually no, you should read the real story.

The parents didn't want to forgive that murican but they were forced to.

it was ugly and dirty game. But this goes to show how third world countries are dirty crapholes because they have no respect for themselves so the rest of the world treats them like gutter too. Worse than gutter

View attachment 816953

View attachment 816954

But Islamic law in Pakistan allows a murder victim's family to pardon the killer, which often allows those convicted of honour killings to escape punishment.

Islamic law doesntwork like this
Under islamic law there is "haad" and "tazeer"
To put it simple death is maximum punishment and if forgiven the person should still be jailed..it doesnt mean u walk free

Alot of this comes from british laws

Colonial laws of letting people walk free

Murderers not only hurt the families of the victims, but also the whole country and society.
Therefore, such a serious crime should be prosecuted by the state, not the families of the victims.
That means that the families of the victims have no right to forgive the murderers on behalf of the state and society.

Murderers not only hurt the families of the victims, but also the whole country and society.
Therefore, such a serious crime should be prosecuted by the state, not the families of the victims.
That means that the families of the victims have no right to forgive the murderers on behalf of the state and society.
Islam has taken middle ground here.

Where as west has completely abolished capital punishmemnt islam leaves it to families if they want to drop capital punishment.

However that doesnt mean the person walks free. It only applies to "haad" i.e capital punishment part, the person should still be jailed/punished otherway

The state sometime gives immunity to muderers..islam doesnt allow that pactice either

Islam is used in Pakistan for all evil purposes.
One so called islamic rule is to pay money in return for murder. Rich culprits can pay money but poor cannot so these laws ultimately favor the rich. one of many ways Pakistani people get beaten by their own religious fanaticism.

Actually no, you should read the real story.

The parents didn't want to forgive that murican but they were forced to.

it was ugly and dirty game. But this goes to show how third world countries are dirty crapholes because they have no respect for themselves so the rest of the world treats them like gutter too. Worse than gutter
these muricans actually used the same ISLAMIC law that they criticise. (whether it was by force or by choice)

this is a problematic statement mate - whatever she was but "honor" killing is never right
i am not supporting the act but if u read her life story, she had several chances to get out of the sinful life. she knew the risks involved. but she grew bolder and crossed all the hudoods and in the end it was her own brother who killed her whom she was supporting financially.

Last edited:
yeh and that blood money was paid by USA ) to save Ray) sent via sauids I believe

is it revealed at last who paid the money?

Back
Top Bottom