What's new

Pakistani corner

The Express Baboon was the first to publish this bs news and now others are following suit -- they're all lying. Zong is pretty awesome. Go read comments on express baboon's status -- they're on the contrary to what newspapers are reporting.
My super 3g speed test (i live in the sticks:wub:):

Untithled.jpg

Good display of Cricket by Quetta. As i said before, it is a strong team. We will see high scoring games in Sharjah.

By the way of selection, IMO Quetta and Peshawar teams are best at the moment. Dubai lacks crowd indeed and the difference will be seen in Sharjah.

I have a dream, that one day.... one day I'll be able to post in the senior section.
(Read this in Martin Luther King, Jr's voice)
I honestly didn't read the second line, as soon as i got to, 'i have a dream...' i was reading it in his voice. What a legend.

I honestly didn't read the second line, as soon as i got to, 'i have a dream...' i was reading it in his voice. What a legend.
Listened to his speech first in grade 8, was head-girl then.
My class teacher wanted me to practice my speech delivering skills, before the school council (Junior council) campaign.
Told me not to put emotions in my speech because "those who can make you laugh; and those who can make you cry, are those who can control you" and my campaign was based on a better understanding and ability to communicate between the student and the council :angel:.

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Kashmir solidarity day observed in Gilgit

@krash , GB section of CPEC is well-finished by my knowledge. Loads of investors coming in.

Well, for all intents and purposes; yes, (insert Chilas Vs Gilgit thingy here) but technically not quite. The GB section of the CPEC would be Khunjrab till Raikot (which is around 90-95% of it) then from Raikot till just a little beyond the Maruski nullah where it hits Bhasha and enters KPK. The Raikot-Maruski part, as per the plans, is included in the second phase of the expansion which is the whole stretch from Raikot till Islamabad. This phase is now officially under the CPEC project. The CPEC project portfolio includes the entire length from Islamabad till Raikot in it (http://boi.gov.pk/ViewNews.aspx?NID= 892). The details are scant but I remember reading that the contract for the Havelian-Thakot stretch in phase 2 was finalized around December last year, so the work should start shortly, if it hasn't already. Now we must keep in mind that the stretch from Chillas till Bhasha is included in the Bhasha-Diamir hydro-power project. This entails realignment of the KKH, a-la-Atabad, which will take more time. I believe this to also be the reason why this stretch was left for phase 2.

I heard Making tunnels through Babusar top, to make it accessible in Winters, is this project realistic to even true? I heard it in 'Jirga' show. So are we going to see tunnel through there, in some parts? as far as i know, the whole road is complete, am i right?

The work on Naran road has seen some serious delays but right right now it's built almost till the climb to the pass. This construction is as per the plans drawn in 2005-2006. More recent news says that they are planning on expanding this road as well, more in-tune to the Murree express-way than the KKH. The tunnel under Babusar was first proposed around 2008, I believe (I foretold it in 2006 :D). The Lowari tunnel has amply demonstrated how tunnels can completely change the accessibility dynamic of our remote regions in the north. The government thus has taken the lesson to heart and is now turning towards tunnels to solve the snowing-shut of our important routes. It will take serious effort and money, no doubt, but a tunnel at Babusar is now a necessity we cannot do without. Although, I haven't come across an official decision about the proposal but odds favour the tunnel for all bets. We've been sitting on the idea of making the Kaghan valley a proper alternative to the Kohistan valley for quite some time now.

They're also building a tunnel to connect AJK with Baltistan via Shountar and Astore. This route is even worse than Babusar. I was there last May when the PM inaugurated the construction on it. Let's just hope and pray that these tunnels don't get hit by the petty political crossfire, the way the Lowari Tunnel did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom