What's new

Pakistani & Chinese air forces kick off, Shaheen III (2014) exercise.

Good. When is Pakistan getting J 10B?

In the past the Flankers were pitted against the JF-17, Mirages and F-7s... as they say, just watch this space.

1897760_1434546396782713_1909214235_n.jpg

I have read a thread few days ago in PDF it says there is no restriction. Even F-16 and JF-17 flew together with F7PGs etc

There are many posts on PDF claiming many things. F-16s can fly and datalink with our other assets but Americans won't be happy with our F-16s flying against the Chinese for training.

F-16s needs to be pitched against flankers. There is nothing the Chinese want to know from the F-16s that they don't already considering they already have multiple 5th generation projects working. We on the other hand need to know how our latest toys pitch against the Chinese jets. And besides what is really US going to do about it....morn. Our money our jets, pitch them against who ever we like. GOP needs to grow a pair.

F-16s needs to be pitched against flankers. There is nothing the Chinese want to know from the F-16s that they don't already considering they already have multiple 5th generation projects working. We on the other hand need to know how our latest toys pitch against the Chinese jets. And besides what is really US going to do about it....morn. Our money our jets, pitch them against who ever we like. GOP needs to grow a pair.

While its true that China is ahead of the game, I think there are several reasons why the US wont permit our F-16s to fly with the PLAAF flankers. Apart from the obvious and some very valid points which have been stated above, Taiwan, arguably China's biggest rival, operates several squadrons of F-16's and I think there might even be pressure from that side as well.

I doubt the Taiwanese can necessarily sway the opinions of the US goverment, however, if Taiwan feels that the PLAAF has ample experience in dealing with the F-16, then they will not be purchasing more anytime soon from the US. And obviously, US wants to lock up as many contracts around the world.. especially in this very competitive, high-stakes, multi-billion dollar field.

The F16s most probably have flown against the flankers already...... PAF is not likely to make it public.

While its true that China is ahead of the game, I think there are several reasons why the US wont permit our F-16s to fly with the PLAAF flankers. Apart from the obvious and some very valid points which have been stated above, Taiwan, arguably China's biggest rival, operates several squadrons of F-16's and I think there might even be pressure from that side as well.

I doubt the Taiwanese can necessarily sway the opinions of the US government, however, if Taiwan feels that the PLAAF has ample experience in dealing with the F-16, then they will not be purchasing more any time soon from the US. And obviously, US wants to lock up as many contracts around the world.. especially in this very competitive, high-stakes, multi-billion dollar field.

US has already backed out from the F-16 deal as far as i have read. I don't think the Taiwanese are in any position to tell the US to do anything nor it is about the billion dollar deal any more as US has already refused to upgrade the Taiwanese F-16s and that was due to the Chinese pressure.
Besides by the same analogy Pakistan should had also protested when India was flying Singapore F-16s, even hosting them in India on exchange program as India is our main rival and F-16s are our primary weapon.

The F16s most probably have flown against the flankers already...... PAF is not likely to make it public.

Maybe however since US keeps a very close eye on the weapon system it sold specially to countries like Pakistan, i very much doubt if the above has happened.
I remember before the new F-16s arrived all Chinese personal, even anything that was made in China and would need chinese assistance was removed from the base. This is the level of their scrutiny.

In the past the Flankers were pitted against the JF-17, Mirages and F-7s... as they say, just watch this space.

1897760_1434546396782713_1909214235_n.jpg

Brother ... A little correction !
This image is from Shaheen-1 exercise. JF-17, neither participated in Shaheen - I nor in II .... JF-17 was flying with Flanker just for the sake of ending ceremony formation flypast.

Too bad that Chinese brought their top fighter "Russian originated" in Pakistan while we don't have good relation either with Russia or its top ally.
While being an ally of USA we can't even use our jets on our soil against their potential rival without its permission ..... FRUITS OF BEING AMREEKI PITTHU.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom