What's new

Pakistani brutality - or wait, it's not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh just couldn't wait to bash the BD members! As always, your impulsiveness leads to shallow posts. Indian soldiers were not checking for circumcision, Brigadier TTT. READ, then comment!

Don't forget, he belongs to the same organisation that is responsible for the massacre.

But you are rewriting history with great inaccuracies and misrepresenting facts. I think the mass distortion of history from both sides are the sole purpose of our current identity crisis.

No I am not rewriting history rather came to conclusion that so called genocide is a myth. If three million were dead then there would have been another few millions without limbs walking around us yet there aren't any. Sadly, Bangladeshi still being feed this garbage every other days through Bharti backed awami medias.

Yes it's true people died but blame can not be pass on to Pakistan army alone. Muktis weren't milk drinking babies. I came from Sylhet and there were army based around the villages. No one died or raped. Only thing they killed was live stock. Do you think Bangladesh army will suck their finger if Chakmas try to separate part of chittagong from Bangladesh. I hope not.

No I am not rewriting history rather came to conclusion that so called genocide is a myth. If three millions were dead then there would have been another few millions without limps walking around us yet there aren't any. Sadly, Bangladeshi still being feed this garbage every other days through Bharti backed awami medias.

Yes it's true people died but blame can not be pass on to Pakistan army alone. I came from Sylhet and there were army based around the villages. No one died or raped. Only thing they killed was live stock. Do you think Bangladesh army will suck their finger if Chakmas try to separate part of chittagong. I hope not.

Well, there was genocide. Maybe not 3 million, but there was one. . You can't deny your history. . .+ indian army did not kill any civil. . If this genocide by IA were true, we would have seen various article on it written by Bangladeshis who is anti india. Even never seen mr. Munshi Talking about this Even never seen mr. Munshi Talking about this. . . .

Well, there was genocide. Maybe not 3 million, but there was one. . You can't deny your history. . .+ indian army did not kill any civil. . If this genocide by IA were true, we would have seen various article on it written by Bangladeshis who is anti india. Even never seen mr. Munshi Talking about this Even never seen mr. Munshi Talking about this. . . .

There is no evidence that the deaths in 1971 were anywhere close to a million or above - many historians and researchers are now accepting that the death toll, from both sides, was likely around 100,000 to 300,000.

Second, Wikipedia lists the UN Definition of genocide as follows:

' While a precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

While the PA did indeed commit atrocities, and the crackdown was brutal, there is nothing to support the argument that the PA planned or tried to implement the systematic destruction, in whole or part, of the Bengali community in East Pakistan. Had that been the case we would have seen official death camps and a systematic massacre of every single Bengali in sight, starting from Dhaka.

Heck, even the alleged Yahya quote (of which there is only one single direct source) suggests that the argument of a brutal crackdown was meant to suppress the rebellion ( .. and they will eat out of your hand) and not as a means of destroying the Bengali population in whole or in part. Legally, even leaving alone the fact that the inflated death tolls in 1971 cannot be proved, the genocide argument would not hold up given the lack of evidence supporting the application of the UN definition in this case.

Also, with respect to arguments over the atrocities committed by the East Pakistan rebels and the arguments against the 'millions killed' death estimates, please see the following thread where this has been discussed. I will copy the first post over to that thread as well.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history/26732-atrocities-1971-civil-war.html

Please read through the above thread and post any relevant arguments there - it will be reopened for a limited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom