What's new

Pakistani-born US Army officer buried with honours

honour is relative thing. if a White American kid raised in Pakistan, gets killed during Pakistan's invasion of another christian country, American's will remember him as a "traitor on a one way ticket to hell"

frankly, there is difference in dying fi sabeel Allah and fi Sabeel Amreeka

Ghulami main badal jaata hay qomon ka zameer.

You are a traitor to your country - USA. You live in the USA, you owe her your allegiance. Not some country on the other side of the earth.

The americans are doing you a big favour by even letting you live in their country and spout whatever you want about them on the internet.

I have a sincere dislike for such people.

Agreed bro,

One thing which really makes me think; is why all the Muslim soldiers in ISAF belong to Shiite community?

A British Muslim soldier who died in Afghanistan in July 2006 was also a Shiite muslim. Another British soldier belonged to Parachute Regiment whom I met in Helmand last year was a shiite too.

I dont think any sane muslim can raise weapon against his brother for the sake of his career.;)

Please refrain from Sectarian comments on this forum, no matter how subtle.

A soldier's duty, in fact any citizen's first duty should be to his/her nation, not to faith.

The extremists blowing themselves and their innocent countrymen up for imposition of some perverted interpretation of "shariah" are an excellent example of a literal and extreme interpretation of faith gone astray.

Pakistan (nation) first - for Muslim, Hindus, Parsi and Christians.

P.S: If you find a moment, do introduce yourself on the members intro. section, so we can all get to know a little bit about you and your background.

You use the Afghan flag, so a lot of people will be interested in your views and background.

Cheers

Last edited:
You are a traitor to your country - USA. You live in the USA, you owe her your allegiance. Not some country on the other side of the earth.

The americans are doing you a big favour by even letting you live in their country and spout whatever you want about them on the internet.

I have a sincere dislike for such people.

:) And how do you even know that Zameer has US citizenship in the first place???

Secondly if he lives and work in US, he is being paid for his hardwork and services so there is no point of giving favour by US.

Hon Sir,

When I got British nationality, way back in the late 70's. I had to swear an oath that if called for, I and my heirs will have to fight for the United Kingdom. I am sure it is the same in the US. You may call it ghulami, but i call it a payback for the advantages of having a UK or US nationality. It is a free choice but once it is made, you can’t get out.

Regarding a white or a black US kid fighting against America. I would call it treason too. No different than a Pakistani fighting for India? Also if you call fighting for Taliban, Jihad fi Sabeelillah, it is your view and not necessarily correct. IMO Taliban are heretics of the worst kind.

Is there any restriction in the US or UK on the Muslims offering prayers or fasting or going to hajj? In UK and US any Muslim is free to perform all the 5 basic tenets of Islam. So how fighting US is Jihad fi Sabeel illah for a US citizen?

Trouble is the in Pakistan, many misguided nationals have no love for the nation as such and think that by blowing themselves up and killing scores of fellow Pakistani Muslims ala Marriott is Jihad fi sabeel illah. That is why Pakistan is in mess.

"Huay tum dost jiskey dushman uska aasman kyuon ho"

Meaning with friends like these who needs enemies.
I have no qualms about his fighting against the Taliban. But what would one do, if asked to fight against Pakistan?

I have no qualms about his fighting against the Taliban. But what would one do, if asked to fight against Pakistan?

That would depend on whether he saw himself as a Pakistani or American first, and whether he viewed the war as just.

I suppose one could resign, if the option was there.

I think the argument of whether one (irrespective of race, creed, or ethnicity) should fight a war one considers 'unjust', is a more appropriate question than whether one should fight a war against someone of the same faith or someone from the nation ones roots are in.

IMO when one takes oath under the constitution to serve and protect it and become the citizen of a relative country, then that is it, that is his/her country and his/her loyalties should be for the same. However like AM suggested he/she always has the right to resign if he/she thinks its unfair, unjust however even that does not mean that he/she betrays his/her country.

Ok I wouldn't ask what would you guys do, since there is no good answer for it. But I personally would be torn apart, should such a situation arrive.

It's a tough one. I'm not a UAE national, but if I'm ever asked to go against the UAE, I'd have a tough time myself! Given that I call the UAE home and I've practically grown up from the cradle and there is a sense of pride with all that it has achieved.

Of course I won't ever goto war with Pakistan for the UAE as well.

Ok I wouldn't ask what would you guys do, since there is no good answer for it. But I personally would be torn apart, should such a situation arrive.

It's a tough one. I'm not a UAE national, but if I'm ever asked to go against the UAE, I'd have a tough time myself! Given that I call the UAE home and I've practically grown up from the cradle and there is a sense of pride with all that it has achieved.

:)
Yes tough call. So what will you do in such a situation ????

I think the reason for your aversion to war with either the UAE or Pakistan is explained in your post. You have lived there, and bee treated hafway decently I suppose, and you have seen the place rise from the desert sands into this wondrous city state rivaling any developed nation on earth in terms of facilities and wealth.

So a war against the UAE you know today would seem 'unjust', and you would be correct in opposing it.

But what if you left and a Saddamesque tyrant took over, repressed certain people, killed people you knew for belonging to the wrong sect or ethnicity, started wars with its neighbors, used chemical weapons on sections of the population who were the 'other'?

Would you still refuse to go to war with the UAE?

Indeed a tough call Asim but a soldiers loyalty is with his forces, his commanders and his government. Slightest doubt about his loyalties will endanger his mission, his task force and even his own life.

So basically what I am saying is that people who're affraid to rock the boat shouldn't be in the boat in the first place...

Just a thought...:coffee:

Indeed a tough call Asim but a soldiers loyalty is with his forces, his commanders and his government. Slightest doubt about his loyalties will endanger his mission, his task force and even his own life.

So basically what I am saying is that people who're affraid to rock the boat shouldn't be in the boat in the first place...

Just a thought...:coffee:

Oh thanks a lot for cutting straight through my philosophical BS and moral quandary I was trying to set up.

You are no fun!:P

I think the reason for your aversion to war with either the UAE or Pakistan is explained in your post. You have lived there, and bee treated hafway decently I suppose, and you have seen the place rise from the desert sands into this wondrous city state rivaling any developed nation on earth in terms of facilities and wealth.

So a war against the UAE you know today would seem 'unjust', and you would be correct in opposing it.

But what if you left and a Saddamesque tyrant took over, repressed certain people, killed people you knew for belonging to the wrong sect or ethnicity, started wars with its neighbors, used chemical weapons on sections of the population who were the 'other'?

Would you still refuse to go to war with the UAE?
That makes it much more simpler.

But lets say if its a fight for resources. The leaders of both nations decide to goto war over resources. Whoever I support just profits from my support and there is no one morally wrong.

Who would I choose to financially profit and whom would I financially ruin?

That makes it much more simpler.

But lets say if its a fight for resources. The leaders of both nations decide to goto war over resources. Whoever I support just profits from my support and there is no one morally wrong.

Who would I choose to financially profit and whom would I financially ruin?

If there is no question of morality then i guess you will be acting according to whatever compulsion you have been subjected to.

If there is no question of morality then i guess you will be acting according to whatever compulsion you have been subjected to.

Which I'm guessing, given the trauma of choosing between the two would ultimately be, stopping the fight altogether.

Back
Top Bottom