What's new

Pakistani Ballistic Missiles: Indigenous Content & Development

It is a well established fact that Pakistani Missiles are just copies nothing more nothing less.

Question is not about that Pakistani missiles are copies or manufactured by technology transfer of similar Chinese or South Korean missiles. Actually, the question is, "is it legal to copy or transfer of missile technology keeping in mind the frame work of International laws about missile technology"? and if coping/transfer of missile technology is so simple, readily available and legal, as tried to generalized by most PDF members, then every Tom, Dick, Harry country have had missile technologies today.

Dude,If you even read the whole thing,I'm sure you shitted all the info...

MTCR restricts transfer of weapon products having range of more than 300 km and payload if more than 500 kg.MTCR is applicable to those countries which are signatory to it,or have promised to abide by its rules.Both China and Pakistan were "free" to do transfers in the 1990s...

The Tom,Dick and Harry need local infrastructure and know-how of developing missiles technology.Thats why Pakistan,Iran and other states have them.

So get rid of ignorance and try to accept the truth that Pakistan is going to kick the enemy's ar$e anyway...

It is a well established fact that Pakistani Missiles are just copies nothing more nothing less.

Question is not about that Pakistani missiles are copies or manufactured by technology transfer of similar Chinese or South Korean missiles. Actually, the question is, "is it legal to copy or transfer of missile technology keeping in mind the frame work of International laws about missile technology"? and if coping/transfer of missile technology is so simple, readily available and legal, as tried to generalized by most PDF members, then every Tom, Dick, Harry country have had missile technologies today.
the questions was good initially then it turned confusing and ultimately illogical i must say.....The problem is that I bet most of us dont even have the first hand knowledge about Pakistani Missiles.....So whatever published material I read on the issue, I unintentionally incorporate the inherent bias of authors. Thats why I always look for authentic and established writers on a particular issue. While I do agree that the start from Ghauri was rather "imported" one but subsequent developments have been commendable. Transformation from Liquid Fuel Ghauri to Solid fuel, Multistage, MIRV capable advanced designs like Shaheen II have been a remarkable achievement. It takes a while to grow a breed of scientists/Engneers and I think with recent developments from NESCOM, I can grossly say that we have come at fair distance from where we were in late 90s. As the time passes, skill sets mature, operation requirements intensify, we can expect more advanced, indigenous designs rolling out of NESCOM for PA.

The question of indigenous design can be framed thus: in time of need, can Pakistan roll them off the assembly line, or do we need to wait for the import shipments to arrive?

WTF???

I already explained that we are producing every bit of our missiles inside Pakistan.The technology transfer,once done,has no further role to play...Of course the missiles are available anytime we want them to deploy.This is what "Operational System" means...

this type of thinking should be changed ,every person has the right to express his views :enjoy:

Agreed...now back to the topic.

In fact I was much surprised how FAS,missilethreat and globalsecurity stated Shaheen-2 to be "similar" to Chinese M-18...I was like :hitwall: when I read their own specs about M-18.

The M-18 has been displayed only once,and there are no pictures of that system available.How could Shaheen-2 be a "copy" of M-18,when Shaheen-2 carries twice the payload to 2.5 times longer distance than M-18?....stupid Americans....

Agreed...now back to the topic.

In fact I was much surprised how FAS,missilethreat and globalsecurity stated Shaheen-2 to be "similar" to Chinese M-18...I was like :hitwall: when I read their own specs about M-18.

The M-18 has been displayed only once,and there are no pictures of that system available.How could Shaheen-2 be a "copy" of M-18,when Shaheen-2 carries twice the payload to 2.5 times longer distance than M-18?....stupid Americans....

May be based on M-18 with Indigenous and heavy modifications .

oh just a tuant that is it possible to actuallt modify the m18 this much to create a new breed of missle i was actually refering to an indian fellow

oh just a tuant that is it possible to actuallt modify the m18 this much to create a new breed of missle i was actually refering to an indian fellow
Yup exactly...just because M-18 was two stage,doesn't mean that Shaheen-2 was a copy of it...it can't be,this is simply illogical...

Can you not use its systems in your missiles?
I was just referring to FAS,missilethreat and globalsecurity

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Any proof they are based on M-18? if not then don't talk from your behind :)
Why listening from your nose:sick:
I was just referring to FAS,missilethreat and globalsecurity Articles

Can you not use its systems in your missiles?
I was just referring to FAS,missilethreat and globalsecurity

Yes,some systems can be used...but which ones exactly?

I already busted the "story" of these "reporters" with their own articles...

Any idea when shaheen 3 OR Ghauri 3 would tested..?
May be as an answer to Agni v.

Any idea when shaheen 3 OR Ghauri 3 would tested..?
May be as an answer to Agni v.

Ghauri 3 was cancelled/dropped,a long while ago...

The missile having characteristics of Shaheen-3 may be tested within 1-2 years,but there is a lot of international pressure on Pakistan...We already have postponed two cruise missile tests because of the OBL episode...

And their is no need for an answer to Agni-V....Agni-V is for China,not for Pakistan....further more we don't need that much longer range,just MIRVs...

Ghauri 3 was cancelled/dropped,a long while ago...

The missile having characteristics of Shaheen-3 may be tested within 1-2 years,but there is a lot of international pressure on Pakistan... Wealready have postponed two cruise missile tests because of the OBL episode...

And their is no need for an answer to Agni-V....Agni-V is for China,not for Pakistan....further more we don't need that much longer range,just MIRVs...

sir ji plz care to explain this

Back
Top Bottom