What's new

Pakistani Army asks for Respect.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk How the mighty have fallen -- Well, they have fallen and they have been humbled - but they refuse to learn - today they indulge in blackmailing the Pakistani nation and state, they threaten that they will not carry out the legal orders of the lawfully constituted government and instead threaten it with their willingness to play politics - It's a very difficult situation, without a Pakistani system, the army's threat to the elected, legal government will only compound the army's predicament and it will fall even lower not just in the eyes of the public but in the eyes of it's own rank and file, recall the blunt questions put to the COAS by Officers and enlisted.

But what is this so called predicament that the army finds so difficult?? The army has gotten used to making policy, it has gotten used to power and it has gotten used to the money and it's not going to let go of these without a fight - now the politicians have no stomach for a fight, their offer to the armed forces has always been, there's plenty of money for all of us -- but what the army seems not to get is that this isn't about politicians, it's not politicians who are bad mouthing the army, it's not politicians who pose questions which seek the justification of an army that refuses to fight Pakistan's enemies and instead kills those who shine a light on the ties between the armed forces and the Islamist militants that the army itself created -- no, it has nothing to do with politicians - and it has everything to do with ordinary Pakistanis who are sick and tired of being lied to by this army, who are sick and tired of the lack of accountability of the army, sick and tired of this army siphoning off huge chunks of the budget, even as more Pakistanis are killed without this army bothering to protect them or their property.

Friends, there is a lot of play left, before this army learns that it MUST be PAKISTAN's ARMY, and not just an army -- now this reality bothers some here (shut up or die crowd) but everyday, the ranks of those who wonder why we need the army we have, grows and will continue to grow till, either the army learns or we have what will be be a last gasp for this army as it gorges itself on more power, more, repression and ultimately, it will crack from inside, finally allowing Pakistan to be free.

I suppose it is easy for the person to criticize when he is sitting outside.Constructive criticism is good but I do not support redundant speculative criticism.Since you are remain open for refining your positions I just want to make my opinion in the most simplest of form and that is speculations are not bad but don't make these speculations so redundant that it becomes a fact.That is only what I am scared off and you are bluntly doing it from time to time.Currently I don't want these kind of persons to go sneak pass our radar.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/world/asia/15policy.html

Respect is something which is earned not pledged....

Unfortunately the Army leadership does not understand this, to them its only them who will define the "national interest". According to them National Interest and Army are the same, so if one criticises actions of Army he is a traitor.
I still remember how every single child in Pakistan had huge amount of respect for Army, call it naive or effective propaganda. BUT not any more the people of Pakistan are holding its armed forces accountable. It took us 65 years but we are finally reaching there.

KIYANI for 65 years this nation took all the BS being thrown their way in the name of national interest but time and time again, your generals have only managed to conqure the people of Pakistan. We starved, but we fed you, we had no clothes but we provided you silk we walked but we provided you BMW's NOT ANY MORE. We the bloody civilians will take our country back from the generals. We love our soldiers, they are a special breed of men who we hold to higher standards, but its time we hold generals accountable.

You have to earn respect.

We starved
No you did not!

The foreign debt starved you and me, please look into it.

We starved
No you did not!

The foreign debt starved you and me, please look into it.

Today in Islamabad the media is clearly showing the true face of the corrupt agencies & top brass. It is really sad that they have no moral standing nor integrity to realize where they have pushed the nation/ country for their selfish & personal motives. Its really a pity. Whole country is facing the devil of terrorism & lawlesness which clearly shows how serious our agencies & defence forces (esp. top brass) are who have not even appropriately investigated, tracked, eliminated/ uncovered the culprits/ hidden hands (WHY?). We can only pray that Allah guide them and make them sensible since their acts are defaming the institutions as a whole, which is not good at all.

Thanks

Aaaa...sorry..but it doesnt add up..!!

Unfortunately the Army leadership does not understand this, to them its only them who will define the "national interest". According to them National Interest and Army are the same, so if one criticises actions of Army he is a traitor.
I still remember how every single child in Pakistan had huge amount of respect for Army, call it naive or effective propaganda. BUT not any more the people of Pakistan are holding its armed forces accountable. It took us 65 years but we are finally reaching there.

KIYANI for 65 years this nation took all the BS being thrown their way in the name of national interest but time and time again, your generals have only managed to conqure the people of Pakistan. We starved, but we fed you, we had no clothes but we provided you silk we walked but we provided you BMW's NOT ANY MORE. We the bloody civilians will take our country back from the generals. We love our soldiers, they are a special breed of men who we hold to higher standards, but its time we hold generals accountable.

You have to earn respect.

are you employed ? if so would you mind disclosing how much tax you pay ?

thanks

just in two days 35 people have been killed in Karachi but no one really cares who killed them however because one video of man getting shot by the rangers surfaced , the media howled and cried like there was no tomorrow. all these rotten journalists have been been paid close to 40 million US dollars to malign the armed forces , this is from a very reliable source

not going to do anything even if it is obvious that the parlimant or any other institution is doing harm to the country,
In my personal opinion, they might do it after chaar-panch ghootay lag chukay hongay aap ko..you know, nearly drowned...

that the point, that what the author have said.
he claims that that army is just sitting on the sideline watching the situation to get from bad to worse. then when it is at the breaking point they will come in, do some cleaning and blame all the wrongs to others.
the point is, why wait to play and win the blame game and making the nation suffer. i think this is criminal neglegence. why wait till the end. the situation might get so bad by that time that the country will be graged back a decade.

The nation have always stood by the army and so will they today if the army take step in right direction.
Arsalan Aslam

just in two days 35 people have been killed in Karachi but no one really cares who killed them however because one video of man getting shot by the rangers surfaced , the media howled and cried like there was no tomorrow. all these rotten journalists have been been paid close to 40 million US dollars to malign the armed forces , this is from a very reliable source

quite possible, however this do not justify the killing act.

two bads do not make one good!

moreover, if there is any such evil plan going out, the security agencies must act and capture the responsible. i am not talking about closing sown the channels as it will creat more problems for the forces and will further effect there image for the worse but they can track out the network and bring it to public.

Arsalan Aslam

if the army take step in right direction.

Isnt it funny how the same champions of democracy, freedom and upholding of institutions are churning and milling for the same Army to 'step in', again.

Not that fast guys, pehlay maza tu pora karlo democracy ka..paisay lagay hain hum saron k....

respect never an asset that we sell to anyone, its our identity, its our nationality, its our history, we will never compromise on our respect and we will fight and fight for our identity

Haha so typical of this unprofessional army asking for respect instead if earning it go on now build more Dha,s and banks let's someone else do the fighting

Ignore them Xeric.

These are bhaands who will do maskhara punna even with their own women.

They are bunch of tribals who refuse to civilize and utterly refuse to see the light that Pak army has saved over and over again.

They are like fools who cut the same branch where they and their families dwell.

They tribal bhaands have no idea of Pak history, and thus do not know where our future is.

So just ignore them.

peace.

if the army take step in right direction.

Isnt it funny how the same champions of democracy, freedom and upholding of institutions are churning and milling for the same Army to 'step in', again.

Not that fast guys, pehlay maza tu pora karlo democracy ka..paisay lagay hain hum saron k....

sorry to say sir but that pathetic. . .
is army seekig some kind of revenge from the nation?

democracy is claimed to be the right choice for countires (though i have never been a strong supporter and term the Musharaff era, atleast the first 3~4 years as the best time of Pakistan) but gurding democracy DO NOT mean guarding corruption.

what is the difference in forces and corrupt politician if both are deliberatley allowing and making the country go down?

Back
Top Bottom