What's new

Pakistani actor Hasan Khan to play Sushant Singh Rajput in an upcoming series

Pakistan is the land of shah rukh khans, Amir khans, raj kapoors, sushant singhs...

All these actors.. but we don’t cash in on them... and always run to India for a few dollars while Bombay cameramen make millions...

Just like exporting “Himalayan” Pink salt

The article says that it is a series for Amazon Prime.

So, it is not an Indian company that asked him to play the role.
However one presumes Indian based production, scriptwriters and directors will be heavily involved. This flies in the face of Modi's attempts at "isolating" Pakistan and Pakistani cultural representation. Evidently, even Indians themselves don't actually wish to isolate Pakistan and are willing to break rulings of their own professional bodies in this regard.

Will the Indian FWICE board release a warning to its members to not partake in this venture since a Pakistani is playing the lead role? If they don't release such a warning or boycott of Amazon, will this not be seen as backing down or double standards because of Amazon's overall ownership of this project? Will Modi and FWICE be feasting on humble pie?

https://tribune.com.pk/story/219679...nline-collaborations-pakistani-artistes?amp=1

Pakistani film industry is taking off and it has to be crubbed...
That's the only explanation that those who threw out Atif and Rahat and cried like a street kid, not playing sports, are suddenly open enough to invest in artists here.
This is their area of influence, wether we like them or not, if we listen to their songs or watch their movies we are undervtheir potential cultural area of influence.
They will never let it go that easily!

That makes sense, if amazon takes pakistani actor for SSR's role then nobody in india will watch it. That means poor business decision.
If the product is good, Netflix will get viewers, regardless of the casting.

The randi rona from India (bhakts and sanghis mostly) is more of a pressure tactic that will have limited impact on actual viewers.

However one presumes Indian based production, scriptwriters and directors will be heavily involved. This flies in the face of Modi's attempts at "isolating" Pakistan and Pakistani cultural representation. Evidently, even Indians themselves don't actually wish to isolate Pakistan and are willing to break rulings of their own professional bodies in this regard.

Will the Indian FWICE board release a warning to its members to not partake in this venture since a Pakistani is playing the lead role? If they don't release such a warning or boycott of Amazon, will this not be seen as backing down or double standards because of Amazon's overall ownership of this project? Will Modi and FWICE be feasting on humble pie?

https://tribune.com.pk/story/219679...nline-collaborations-pakistani-artistes?amp=1

This sounds right. No way would Amazon hire a Pakistani actor for this project. It literally makes no sense in view of what I said in my last post. Seems implausible.

Amazon will never hire a Pakistani actor to cater to Indian audiences. Amazon is doing business of billions of dollars in our country. Who knows how much backlash such decision might have !!

The randi rona from India (bhakts and sanghis mostly) is more of a pressure tactic that will have limited impact on actual viewers.

Do you have any idea about the number of dislikes received by the trailer of Mahesh Bhatt's new movie.

Watch the kind of response which the next Karan Johar film will get.

Do you have any idea about the number of dislikes received by the trailer of Mahesh Bhatt's new movie.

Watch the kind of response which the next Karan Johar film will get.
This xenophobia and irrational hate-mongering is India's problem, and this xenophobia and hate-mongering is itself a 'product' - a product designed and market to manipulate and blackmail. The goal of this product is to establish the perceptions that anything related to X will not 'sell' in India.

With respect to Netflix, you're not going to see any major impact on subscriber base or viewers from a Pakistani being cast in a show.

Whether Netflix or other organizations actually call the hate-mongering Sanghi/Bhakt bluff, that remains to be seen.

I have humbly tried to present a solution to the India-Pakistan rivalry issue which will also end the Kashmir contention once and for all. I see that you have been on that thread but please do read again. The solution will also result for Pakistan a situation similar to how Imran Khan wants his 'Riyasat-e-Madina' to realize.

Situation has gone too far janab, it is simply impractical. A major war is inevitable.

I read your proposals before brother. I envision that kind of border for Afghanistan and Iran in the future, as they share the same mindset and culture as us, but India will remain an enemy state.

While Sushant Singh's death was initially a case of suicide, now it is a case of suspected death. Unless B'wood wants to make a film on his early days and skip the recent events which doesn't make sense since the circumstances spiraling around his death is what people would be interested in

This xenophobia and irrational hate-mongering is India's problem, and this xenophobia and hate-mongering is itself a 'product' - a product designed and market to manipulate and blackmail. The goal of this product is to establish the perceptions that anything related to X will not 'sell' in India.

With respect to Netflix, you're not going to see any major impact on subscriber base or viewers from a Pakistani being cast in a show.

Whether Netflix or other organizations actually call the hate-mongering Sanghi/Bhakt bluff, that remains to be seen.

FYI All those Indians shunning Chinese goods or boycotting Karan Johar & gang may not be so-called "Sanghi/Bhakts"

Btw its Amazon Prime and not Netflix which is mentioned in the OP. But neither Amazon nor Netflix will ever jeopardize their business interests by betting on a Pakistani actor to get viewership in India. Hardly any Pakistani viewer would be interested in a series on Sushant Rajput. Therefore no Pakistani actor will be casted for sure.

1. The news is false. Amazon will not commit harakiri by hiring a Pakistani actor. Indeed they have already confirmed that this news is fake.

2. Try to use better words on a forum. Don't be a usual Pakistani - that means one who can't talk without cuss words.

3. The pressure tactic has been effective in the Indian market on Netflix and others. Netflix has not been able to circumvent it.

I as a person tending towards communism fail to understand why third-world countries like India and Pakistan have to maintain huge militaries when our internal social, economic and political systems need revolutionary change.

Because you are a simpleton .. you have spent nearly six years of your life on a Pakistani defence forum and you are still having this question.

I envision that kind of border for Afghanistan and Iran in the future, as they share the same mindset and culture as us

Agreed.

but India will remain an enemy state.

Bhai, you are being a pessimist.

I will mention the Salman Khan Bollywood film Bajrangi Bhaijaan which made 54 Pakistani crores in its Pakistan release and the Fawad Khan Bollywood film Khoobsurat too did well in Pakistan. The films did well because of a common cultural thread.

And I know of two people-to-people peace missions.

FYI All those Indians shunning Chinese goods or boycotting Karan Johar & gang may not be so-called "Sanghi/Bhakts"

Btw its Amazon Prime and not Netflix which is mentioned in the OP. But neither Amazon nor Netflix will ever jeopardize their business interests by betting on a Pakistani actor to get viewership in India. Hardly any Pakistani viewer would be interested in a series on Sushant Rajput. Therefore no Pakistani actor will be casted for sure.
My point is that all of this xenophobia and hate-mongering is just a bluff. Prime and Netflix products and services stand on their own, and barring an insignificant number of bhakts and Sanghis, they aren't going to see any major loss on the business interests.

Whether they choose to call the Sanghi/Bhakt xenophobic bluff is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom