What's new

Pakistan world’s ninth most obese country

In Pakistan, absence of physical exertion is the main cause of obesity generally, both in males and females. Even if people don't eat that much, physical deactivation causes a deshaped body.

I would be too if I was served those delicious Pakistani dishes.. Pakistani Cuisine is a delight.
Just last weekend I tried making Sindhi Biriyani. Turned out decent... Fatty but too good.

More than the men, its the Pakistani women who are chunky. 90% of the Paksitani women I know are obese.

Most Pakistanis become chubby and obese when they turn old - the Youth here are relatively healthy and fit due to physical activity; but once that stops - they begin to gain weight. Our diet also plays a major role.

More than the men, its the Pakistani women who are chunky. 90% of the Paksitani women I know are obese.
After marriage; women get obese - I have no idea why.

But like I said; it's mostly old/middle age people that are obese.

Here is the cure:

http://images.dawn.com/news/1176152/heres-the-ultimate-lollywood-workout-weve-all-been-waiting-for

Here's the ultimate Lollywood workout we've all been waiting for
11.png

IMAGES STAFF

DESK REPORT

You thought Lollywood was over? Think again.

57d128a42ede1.jpg

We watched some of Lollywood's biggest films to show you what the industry's greatest contribution to Pakistani life could be — #fitspo

Fitness is a big thing in Pakistan now — you've got your zumba, your yoga, your high-intensity interval training and more.

But wait, haven't we forgotten something?

LOLLYWOOD.

You may think Lollywood is over, but it ain't. We watched some of Lollywood's biggest films to show you what the industry's greatest contribution to Pakistani life could be — #fitspo.

Let this workout be your guide.

1) First, stretch that neck and chase your lady love around to warm up
giphy.gif

Anjuman and her boy gang in 'Break Dance Bhabhi Break Dance' (Tiger, 1987) make sure to do a short cardio warm-up before jumping into stretches.

2) Now prance like you're in Riverdance
giphy.gif

Word of advice: These guys may not be wearing the most practical workout gear, so rethink yours. Let's be honest: only Sultan Rahi can move that swiftly in leather pants.

3) Thrust your hips out coz you got the power
giphy.gif

Sana's lightning fast moves put us to shame (literally). No wonder Moammar Rana can hardly keep his eyes off her in 'Pandi Aay Barsaat Way' (Humayun Gujjar).

4) Now hump that waterfall
giphy.gif

Here, Meera shows how to get sleek legs like hers in 'Saun Da Mahina' (Dada Badmash).

This one is sure to work your butt too; after all, Meera's booty ain't jhooti.

5) If you're feeling itchy, scratch that behind on the floor
giphy.gif

Want Narghis' strong arms? Gotta work work work them triceps like her in'Akh Teri Meri Sajna Larri Larri' (Badmash Gujjar, 2001).

6) Do a tuck and roll to loosen up your spine
giphy.gif

Meera's dance moves 'Saun Da Mahina' show us just how to achieve her cinched waist.

Lift your hands and feet off the ground, and just roll to one side and then back. Add the additional thrust if need be, it seems to be Meera's signature move.

7) Leg extensions
giphy.gif

Work those glutes! Nargis perfectly executes the leg tap without breaking into a sweat in 'Kurti Ae Gilli Gilli' (Babbu Khan, 2002).

This move also works your butt and abs.

8) Now swoosh
giphy.gif

Repeat on the other side.

9) Find a tree, execute reverse push-up
giphy.gif

Saima goes for some elevation to impress her boy Shaan in 'Dil Pyar Karnoon Karda' (Kalo Shah Puria).

This really puts in the muscle work for triceps, legs and abs, but be warned: this is more of an expert move so take care not to throw out your back.

10) Now flip it over and bounce off the floor
giphy.gif

Be fierce like Nargis is in 'Akh Teri Meri Sajna Larri Larri.'

11) Grab your friends and do the criss-cross shuffle
giphy.gif

Field optional.

The boys from Tiger show you how to get the most out of your cardio. Bonus points if you hold hands all the way through.

12) Don't forget to do a pit sniff to check your BO level
giphy.gif

Because all that dancin' must've worked up a sweat.

Can you believe that's Ahsan Khan? Neither can we, but he owes his hot bod to his debut film Nikah (1998) alongside Nimra.

13) Wrap it up with a thumka — voila!
giphy.gif

Saima and Nargis make one-leg circles and pelvic thrust squats look like a piece of cake in 'Kurti Ae Gilli Gilli'.

Repeat this workout three times over for best results and try not to double over with laughter, even though we know it's going to be hard.

Most Pakistanis become chubby and obese when they turn old - the Youth here are relatively healthy and fit due to physical activity; but once that stops - they begin to gain weight. Our diet also plays a major role.

After marriage; women get obese - I have no idea why.

But like I said; it's mostly old/middle age people that are obese.

Yeeah I agree, the girls after getting married have less of a motivation to stay fit.

I would be too if I was served those delicious Pakistani dishes.. Pakistani Cuisine is a delight.
Just last weekend I tried making Sindhi Biriyani. Turned out decent... Fatty but too good.
You come to Hyderabad..you will get back of pakistani dishes.

Subtract Lahore, Gujjranwala and Faisalabad as outliers and you will have Pakistan among normal countries and rank between 50 and 70 :)

Tells you about the wealth gap in the country more than anything else.
There was also a report about Pakistanis wasting this much food.....in a country with such poor places like Thar and Balochistan,its pathetic really !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom