What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

I think anything Russian is out. Not just from integration perspective but now is certainly not the time to antagonise US and face CAATSA.

Also hard to see what "new" US would give us.

Certainly a European option to supplement SPADA 2000 or a long range Chinese option seem best bet. Even Turks chose HQ-9 in their original competition for long range SAM.

We also need to upgrade or replace SPADA as it's not up to mark as per current and future threats.

2030 will be too late. it won't be possible to build or purchase 300 to 400 5 G plans in and integrate with operational tactics and philosophy in 10 year.

PAF will most likely start indicting a 5th Generation aircraft by the end of this decade. in ideal situation there will be three phases of induction of 5th G.

We are talking about Project Azm and don't expect any prototype in this decade. No way in the world we can have a final product before mid or late 2030s unless we opt for a JV path. Buying offshelves 5th generation plane is something else but with the timelines PAF chief suggested, he is more indicating about Project Azm.

We are talking about Project Azm and don't expect any prototype in this decade. No way in the world we can have a final product before mid or late 2030s unless we opt for a JV path. Buying offshelves 5th generation plane is something else but with the timelines PAF chief suggested, he is more indicating about Project Azm.

PAF should considering having a joint venture with China for a 5th generation like we did with JF-17. If this is possible we could have a 5th generation in service well before the end of this decade.

PAF should considering having a joint venture with China for a 5th generation like we did with JF-17. If this is possible we could have a 5th generation in service well before the end of this decade.

Yeah, be crazy not to leverage all the good work the Chinese have done on stealth, if they are willing to share.

It may mean the Chinese condition it on us giving up on all western air systems completely. After all they will not be happy with the fact if PAF Erieyes and TPS-77 radars will work closely wit their stealth technology surely?

He also confirmed PAF is looking to get new Fighter Jets. So all those who were saying why we would buy J-10 C here is your answer.

Sir he separately discussed BLOCK III. He is not referring to BLOCK III. BLOCK III is done deal we produce 50 or 100 that is our choice. He clearly is referring to some other fighter jet.
As for Air Defence system that is most likely HQ 9 B

Do you have a video of the PAF chief saying this? All I see are news clips.

We should consider buying around 30-35 J-31. We could get 35 J-31 for around 2.5 billion USD considering the unit price 70 million USD.
J31 won’t be ready for production before 2025 at the very very least. Probably later still. We haven’t even started getting J10s yet. By the time Pakistan is in need of a 5th generation fighter, Project Azm will come into fruition, I expect it to turn into a project similar to the JF17, just this time it will be at least partially designed in Pakistan, though much of the parts will be imported.

He also said that by 2047, PAF will be fully converted into 5th generation air force
means AZM may be ready for serial production by 2035..this is very ambitious time line
unless azm is a coproduction with chinese it seems hard
He also said PAF is buying new Fighter Aircraft
j10C i guess since F16 are dead horse, PAF might not even update them(since i doubt we are getting any future AIMs) and get them replaced slowly from 2030-2040 (since MLUs will compete their life by 2030)

EvAFaiOU4AEfID_.jpg
24-02-2021: Chairman JCSC calls on General Enzo Vecciarelli, Italy's Chief of Defence (CHOD) and informed Pakistan defence manufacturing sector is capable of meeting the bulk requirements of foreign customers in the select areas of medium to high end technologies.

original_rat_31_dl_w.jpg

LEONARDO RAT 31 DL: L-BAND/SOLID STATE 3D AIR SURVEILLANCE RADAR with range over 500 KM. LEONARDO has established its office in Pakistan and Italy also provided AD system before. So this time most probably from EU and from LEONARDO.

View attachment 719599
LEONARDO RAT 31 DL: L-BAND/SOLID STATE 3D AIR SURVEILLANCE RADAR with range over 500 KM. LEONARDO has established its office in Pakistan and Italy also provided AD system before. So this time most probably from EU and from LEONARDO.

Could well be the case, I just do not think that is the type of thing ACM talks about to the local media, it's hard to relate to for mainstream Pak media, when was the last time a CAS or the Pak media talked about a ground radar in terms of modernising our military.

I do think it would be a great purchase though, probably easily links into Erieye

For the sake of gloating for 5-7 years, I hope the PAF signed a huge multi-billion-dollar deal with Leonardo (i.e., Italy and the UK) for: 18~24 Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 3s, Aster 30 SAMP/T, CAMM-ER, M-346 LIFT, and various high-level and low-level / gap-filler radars.

Let's pull an Egypt.

It sounds reckless, but the "perception" of such a deal carries exponentially more weight than anything we'd get from China (not including SSBNs, ICBMs, HGVs, etc). The media in both India and Pakistan will be fixated on the flashiness and, perhaps, that might in a weird way work as a deterrence. The enemy that fears you a bit too much is as valuable as one that recklessly underestimates you.

The cost is high from a fiscal standpoint, but with smart negotiating and vision, the economics can still work out.

One can drive a $10 B package with a 50% offset -- i.e., $5 B -- that involves the OEMs setting-up MRO in Pakistan and sourcing work from the Pakistani private sector. That latter component may keep our talent in Pakistan (by giving them great STEM jobs) while boosting our domestic R&D base (in support of Project AZM). Those entities could end up exporting other products and services, thereby resulting in an overall net-positive economic effect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom