What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

HQ-9 probably.
Aster 30, not a chance it's French made partly and they have a big say. Never go near it.

As for planes, not a clue. Typhoon with British/Italian backing hahah , I wish.

Anything along the lines of S-300 won't be good enough. The new air defence system would need to work in a net-centric environment and would need additional capabilities due to 'Stealth' jets and missiles.

99% chance that the New jet would be Chinese.

It might not even be a SAM system...hint, remember the Chinese stealth radar spotted by satellite imagery at a PAF base? It could be upgrading the sensors and C4I system to counter low flying cruise missiles and stealth objects.

It could be Russian Pantsir. In the past we had seen alot Of discussion on that system personally I am not a huge fan of it but I hope its anything but Pantsir.

Breaking News

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system this Year according to Chief of Air Staff Mujahid Anwar Khan . While till completion of 100 years of Pakistan i.e 2047 , PAF will be fully converted into 5th generation Air force . He also said that Indian PM Modi used IAF for his political gains during Feb 2019 .

View attachment 719270

View attachment 719269
As long as its not a russian one we should be good

By that time world would have moved on from the 5th to 6th generation and beyond. Considering the march of the technology as its improving every 2 years plus there is already research going on into the 6th generation. We need to improve our economy, education, invest into R&D, infrastructure and export oriented industries so instead of setting goal for 2047 it should be middle or end of 2030's era. We don't need that lame excuse again that we couldn't shoot down 6 more Indian air force planes because our economy was weak and guess what Modi got more bold and went ahead and implemented article 370 and we sat on our backside and couldn't do a thing.

Last i checked US Air chief is looking for a clean sheet F-16 replacement less advanced than F-35. So be clammed, the world is not moving to autonomous fighters before the third or fourth quarter of this century. For now there is a winter season going on in global AI development.
Source: F-16 replacement

Last i checked US Air chief is looking for a clean sheet F-16 replacement less advanced than F-35. So be clammed, the world is not moving to autonomous fighters before the third or fourth quarter of this century. For now there is a winter season going on in global AI development.
They simply don't want to waste away their precious 5th and future 6th generation aircraft on bombing talibunies.
Any scenario with contested airspace, they would be deploying their 5th and 6th gen aircraft

Air defence is very broader term can be missle a radar or jet for PAF chinese or MBDA aster or PAC3 a long shot no S family
HQ-9 probably.
Aster 30, not a chance it's French made partly and they have a big say. Never go near it.

As for planes, not a clue. Typhoon with British/Italian backing hahah , I wish.
We can have EF like Greece got from france used Rafale along new

Last edited:

You blink and you loose and you snooze and you are going to find yourself homeless in this world and we are talking about 2047 and PAF targets. Our nation needs technological and economical course correction to survive and prosper in the distant future. Our geographical location have got advantages but then it put us among the location where we are surrounded by crocodiles. US can afford to look at the clean sheet designs for low and high end fighters, as high end fighters would have pave the way for the low end fighters to finish the job after decimating their opponents. Research is all ready underway in so many X programs who knows for certain which program is successful and under what span of time considering speed and march of the technology.

List of All the new Sixth-Generation Fighter jet in the world

1. Boeing F/A-XX Program ( United States )
  2. F-X Program ( United States )
  3. BAE Systems Tempest (United Kingdom)
  4. Mikoyan MiG-41 (Russia)
  5. Future combat air system (FCAS) (France and Germany)
  6. Huolong Chinese 6th Generation Stealth Hypersonic Fighter Jet
  7. Super Arrow 6th Generation Stealth Fighter Jet

He said PAF is considering (not buying) to acquire more (not new) fighters, it could mean more Thunder Block 3 as well.

to replace what?
Sensors are considered a surveillance system and generally not regarded as a "defence" system

It might not even be a SAM system...hint, remember the Chinese stealth radar spotted by satellite imagery at a PAF base? It could be upgrading the sensors and C4I system to counter low flying cruise missiles and stealth objects.

Last edited:
He also confirmed PAF is looking to get new Fighter Jets. So all those who were saying why we would buy J-10 C here is your answer.
He said PAF is considering (not buying) to acquire more (not new) fighters, it could mean more Thunder Block 3 as well.

Sensors are considered a surveillance system and generally not regarded as a "defence" system
Sir he separately discussed BLOCK III. He is not referring to BLOCK III. BLOCK III is done deal we produce 50 or 100 that is our choice. He clearly is referring to some other fighter jet.
As for Air Defence system that is most likely HQ 9 B

Back
Top Bottom