What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

PAF higher ups are Jet-jocks. buying stuff like SAMs is like an insult to them. the Jet lobby always has been very very strong in PAF. their thinking is that air-def = jets.
It’s not about lobby, it’s different air defense doctrine. SAMs are nothing more than a deterrent. You gotta have CAPs for decent air defense. Ideally both but when budget is limited, you have to prioritize stuff

which trucks do you mean ?
1629720208771.png

this can not be replaced as its UNESCO HERITAGE :lol: in 1947 these trucks were used for transfer house hold items of qaied e azam from mumbai to karachi :D

I was today in Pakistan embassy Berlin, inside everything was dirty, sitting places were destroyed and rubbish, no help, and advice from the desk stuff, it was a nightmare, I feel after every decade the quality sinks, don't expect any changes, first its the human which must be recognized and build as human, then all the other changes will become an automatic process, it was Pakistan which donored money to the stone time bombed germans, and now we are...

Aster 30 maybe a problem as France is involved, maybe a land version of CAAM-ER but then this presents no increase in range over SPADA 2000.

Very unlikely to be a US system or Russian, so guess it is Chinese!?

HQ-9 or S-300 is my guess. If I was Pakistan, I'd ask for TOT from the Chinese and mass produce HQ-9B/C. Large area denial capability is an extension of your existing forces.

I was today in Pakistan embassy Berlin, inside everything was dirty, sitting places were destroyed and rubbish, no help, and advice from the desk stuff, it was a nightmare, I feel after every decade the quality sinks, don't expect any changes, first its the human which must be recognized and build as human, then all the other changes will become an automatic process, it was Pakistan which donored money to the stone time bombed germans, and now we are...

Pakistani bureaucracy which also feeds the foreign service is rotten to the core and one of the most if not the most corrupt institution in Pakistan. CSS hopefuls looking forward not to serve the country but to monetize their qualification to loot and plunder as their god given right. Nothing less can be expected from these scums.

Well if it is a PAF system and seeing as they operate SPADA 2000 in mid level role and only inducted these relatively recently then I imagine it would make sense for a higher level system that can work with this?

Aster 30 maybe a problem as France is involved, maybe a land version of CAAM-ER but then this presents no increase in range over SPADA 2000.

Very unlikely to be a US system or Russian, so guess it is Chinese!?

Pakistan have been offered ASTER-15/30 several times in past and our military chiefs were given visits of manufacturing plants and performance was shown too, so ASTER-15/30 is very possible.

. Because the present environment of the forum dictates.... That something which is not officially told by the relevant department is simply out of question....there are members here who want proof of everything...
I agree - the same members who hound some of the pros here, if you see their posts half of them would wishful thinking chawlian like lauching aircrafts from submarines, getting j20 and Eurofighters together etc.

Any way a one way to handle this could be to add a disclaimer such as ‘unofficial unconfirmed and subject to change’, basically leave it up-to the reader if they want to believe it or not. For every idiotic troll there are many sensible readers who would also love to learn from pros.

Last edited:
its worldwide issue of desi embassies sir

HQ-9 or S-300 is my guess. If I was Pakistan, I'd ask for TOT from the Chinese and mass produce HQ-9B/C. Large area denial capability is an extension of your existing forces.
We need 4-5 batteries for country wide coverage( if what I have been told is correct). We do not have sufficient economy of scale to do so. It might be more efficient and possible to try and get a Medium range missile and assemble it locally and subsequently produce advanced versions of it for different iterations.
A

We need 4-5 batteries for country wide coverage( if what I have been told is correct). We do not have sufficient economy of scale to do so. It might be more efficient and possible to try and get a Medium range missile and assemble it locally and subsequently produce advanced versions of it for different iterations.
A

More than likely all batteries will be placed in the eastern portions of Gilgit, punjab. and maybe a battalion in Center of Sindh. Likewise mostly all of the F16s, JF17b2s, Mirage ROSEs strike aircraft are placed in the east. In the future J10s & newer JF17B3s will be stationed in the east.

The western border can be easily gaurded by the F7PGs, JF17B1s, and Mirages. Though in the future I can see maybe 2 squadrons of JF17B3s being stationed in Gwadar.

Eventually as the JFB3s production is complete, the vast majority of squadrons stationed in Balochistan/KP will prob have JF17B3s and older F16MLUs guarding the western borders. With the East primarily being JF17B3s/J10CE/J31/F16CD - Inshallah by 2025 I can see this happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom