What's new

Pakistan Vs India - 2017 Champions Trophy Final

This too is from wikipedia:

Debate over millennium celebrations[edit]

However, there are two viewpoints about how millennia should be thought of in practice. One viewpoint relies on the formal operation of the calendar, while the other appeals to other notions that attract popular sentiment. Stephen Jay Gould argued that the choice is arbitrary, and since the question revolves around rules made by people, rather than a natural phenomenon that is subject to experimental measurement, the matter cannot be resolved.[2]

The majority[4] popular approach was to treat the end of 1999 as the end of a millennium and to hold millennium celebrations at midnight between December 31, 1999 and January 1, 2000
---------

The Millennium celebrations were a worldwide, coordinated series of events celebrating New Year's Eve in 1999–2000, marking the end of the second millennium and beginning of the new, third millennium.[1] This also marks the ending of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century. Many countries held official festivities in the weeks and months leading up to the millennium, such as those organised in the USA by the White House Millennium Council, and most major cities produced firework displays at midnight. Equally, many private venues, cultural and religious centres held events[2] and a diverse range of memorabilia was created – such as souvenir postage stamps.[3]

------------

Again, since Jan 2000, India & Pakistan played 52 ODIs of which India won 25 & Pakistan 26

But even if we accept your POV that new millennium started in 2001 and that only post-2001 stats are to be considered (which of course is a very childish argument), those stats are still pretty much equal for both sides (and are not in India's favor). Over all we have significantly better winning rate than India. Again, what's all the gloating about ?
Please know tge difference between 21st century & millennium first.

I know the difference, but you obviously have serious comprehension issues. Learn to read and comprehend first, then come back to reply to my question. Thank you

Bas Hazrat ub jan lein ge kia.:D
Well done team PAK. You guys were actually too hot to handle ,both during the batting and bowling.Fielding wasn't off either.Just a single dropped catch.

Commiserations team India.Pitch seemed like a batting paradise.But you guys came under pressure during the chase a bit too early.Would have been a different story if the openers and Kohli had tried to see off the new ball while playing with the straight bat.Any final is always a pressure game,compared to common group matches.So, once you enter that pressure spiral it's hard to come out of it.

Ab @S.U.R.B. ko bulaooo
Treat dilaooo. :lol:
Pehle Hockey ke match jetne ke treat dilaein.Wese kon sa match jaldi khatam hua tha hockey ka ya cricket ka??:D
I guess hockey so, that treat is on.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19396717_443483769354859_7562333927177211229_n.jpg

Archana Mohan
12 hrs ·
Pakistan, thanks for defeating us!

Dear Pakistan

I was sure I would wake up with a soul wrenching hangover after you pulverized my team yesterday. To be honest, I wanted to bury myself in a hole and keep newspapers at bay so I didn't have to relive 'that' no ball again.

But something happened this morning.

Instead of the pooja room, where she usually offers prayers every morning, my mother in law was in the living room, waxing eloquent about Mohammad Amir. 'God works in mysterious ways,' she said. 'The boy who made a mistake in his youth has grabbed his second chance. What a great redemption!'

'I wish we had players like theirs', my husband said ruefully. 'No factory produced pieces.
From the by lanes of Peshawar to an ICC event, they are cricketers in the purest sense', he said dreamily.

'And what about that boy Fakhar Zaman', my father in law, said, his cup of filter coffee simmering just like his voice. He is a Navy man no? That's what a soldier does for his country,' the ex-serviceman said proudly.

At work, the colleague who had only a day earlier tweeted a crude slur on Pakistan confessed he had watched everything there was on Youtube about Sarfaraz Ahmed. That man, he said sheepishly, is something else.

On my social media feed, there were dozens of messages congratulating Pakistan and saluting their never say die spirit. 'Marry me Babar Azam' said one of them!

It felt like utopia.

What if India had won? I shudder to think of how low some of us would have stooped in our boorish behavior.

It has been a tough few years for Pakistan. Lack of finances and the reluctance of other teams to play there on account of security reasons has crippled them to some extent but as this win shows, you can never write them off. Irrespective of the result, I am sure, we will always remember this unbelievable comeback from the team that was expected to crash out in the first round itself.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but thank you Pakistan for winning the match. Thank you for being an inspiration.

India may have ended up second, but many of us won something more important than a shiny trophy - the tag of being a good sport.

Perhaps there may still be hope for the two countries after all!

#indiavspak #championstrophy2017

In cricketing terms, its just addition to those 72 other wins before yesterday. Normal service resumed. If for some reason Pakistan stop winning against India tomorrow, it will take generations of Indian cricketers to even catch up with Pakistan, let alone go ahead.

But that is not important.

In this era of 4th generation warfare you destroy the enemy nations not just by military means by on all area of social, economic and cultural level as well. Dominating in sports create an physiological awe in the minds of enemy nation. Yesterday win was epic in this very important aspect specially at the time when Hindu terrorists like Modi and Ajeet Doval are in charge of India.

You need to read it again, you said I said new millennium started in 2001, but I always said 21st cent started in 2001.
But even if we accept your POV that new millennium started in 2001

In this era of 4th generation warfare you destroy the enemy nations not just by military means by on all area of social, economic and cultural level as well. Dominating in sports create an physiological awe in the minds of enemy nation. Y
Well 21st century is era of 4GW, so them going by your logic we are clearly dominating as we won 24/47 matches & won 4 tests vs Pakistan's 3.

Back
Top Bottom