What's new

Pakistan unveils permanent residency scheme for foreigners

Real estate investments are bad for the people especially those looking for a house to buy
This'll heat up the markets without really building our production capacity
Stupid stuff

They look like going to follow U.K. in giving out citizenship to Hong Kong Chinese. This Pakistani minister fool is doing same to next door countries problems of importing 20:40 million in peoples

It’s a very interesting demographic they are targetting. The government is essentially undercutting the market for these people, it’s a costly strategy but if it has enough uptake can pay dividends in the medium to long term - both economically and geopolitically.

Last edited:
What a stupid plan. Why real estate?are they trying to make the market hot? Its the stupidest thing to do. It'll mean first time buyers will struggle to buy homes as outsiders will be buying them.

Open Pakistani nationality to anyone willing to invest 100k in a business Other than property.

Do you know the difference between Permanent residency and citizenship?

It’s probably the best way to bring investment in Pakistan but I think the minimum should be $150,000 for 3 years
$250 for 5 years
$300,000 for 10 years

Just like Turkish PR, person opening a business in Turkey must hire local person (I think four employees) and they have to maintain that for 5 years.

People need to understand that there is clear difference between permanent residence and citizenship. PR doesn’t give foreigner Citizenship of Pakistan.

What are the benefits of this PR scheme?
  1. Investmet coming to Pakistan in Real estate investment, industries and business opportunities.
  2. Foreign investment coming in Real Estate will further regularize the industry and clear laws will be passed to protect the investment. Ultimately, more non-residential Pakistani will invest in real estate in Pakistan without worry of losing their investment.
  3. Religious investment from Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists. (possible 250 million+ investment in next 5 years)
  4. Chinese willing to invest in Industries. (2 to 5 billion investment from Chinese in next 2 to 5 years)
  5. Afghan living in Afghanistan or in any foreign country willing to invest in Pakistan.
  6. Benefits local employment
  7. Increased Taxnet ( easy to collect Tax for government)
  8. Overall image of Pakistan will improve and this will increase tourism in Pakistan.

I think I have talked about this few years back. PR should also be offered to Afghani, Bengali, Burmese and Nepali living in Pakistani so they can invest and be part of the TaXnet.

#1. $100k is a joke amount.
#2. Afghans are living for free, why would the waste $100k, when they can just cross borders.
#3. Former Afghan govt officials hate Pakistan. Do Pak govt really thinks they will spend $100k from their corruption Money to do any good for Pakistan.

There is no need for Shaikh Chilli Khayali Pillow. We can offer this to everyone and let’s see who will take advantage of it.

Government will need to pass law to prevent foreign National to open business in Pakistan without proper paperwork.

Last edited:
Good move, a brilliant way to attract some of that black money that ends up laundered to Dubai and Western economies.

Oh BTW, if only the uber patriotic Pakistanis living in Pakistan contributed their fair share to Pakistan's economy instead of being one of the most unproductive group of people in the whole world, there won't a reason for this drastic step.

More chances are of Indians fleeing from their fascist regime.

How come overwhelming majority disapproves this yet the government was able to legislate?

Most of those who have commented don’t know Jack about the legislation. People are commenting for sake of commenting, understanding what is being discussed and how it will benefit Pakistan, explain the advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:
Damn people don’t know Jack….speaking from @&&.

I have as much right of propagation as you.

It doesn't take a degree in quantum physics to conclude the demographic demand of this legislation.

I have as much right of propagation as you.

It doesn't take a degree in quantum physics to conclude the demographic demand of this legislation.
arrey-kehna-kya-chahte-ho-what-is-machine-scene-engineering.gif

wah bhai aik aur chawal baat ... Guinness book of world chutyapa's mai ziada tar karnamay inhi logo kai hon gai shayad

I think this will only be used to launder money tbh. Anyone with a spare 100k USD that wants to legitimately live in another country will not want to come to Pak, they will go west or south east asia.

as for attracting business men, there are other ways of doing this, a 100k throw at real-estate is not the right way imo

It’s probably the best way to bring investment in Pakistan but I think the minimum should be $150,000 for 3 years
$250 for 5 years
$300,000 for 10 years

Just like Turkish PR, person opening a business in Turkey must hire local person (I think four employees) and they have to maintain that for 5 years.

People need to understand that there is clear difference between permanent residence and citizenship. PR doesn’t give foreigner Citizenship of Pakistan.

What are the benefits of this PR scheme?
  1. Investmet coming to Pakistan in Real estate investment, industries and business opportunities.
  2. Foreign investment coming in Real Estate will further regularize the industry and clear laws will be passed to protect the investment. Ultimately, more non-residential Pakistani will invest in real estate in Pakistan without worry of losing their investment.
  3. Religious investment from Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists. (possible 250 million+ investment in next 5 years)
  4. Chinese willing to invest in Industries. (2 to 5 billion investment from Chinese in next 2 to 5 years)
  5. Afghan living in Afghanistan or in any foreign country willing to invest in Pakistan.
  6. Benefits local employment
  7. Increased Taxnet ( easy to collect Tax for government)
  8. Overall image of Pakistan will improve and this will increase tourism in Pakistan.

I think I have talked about this few years back. PR should also be offered to Afghani, Bengali, Burmese and Nepali living in Pakistani so they can invest and be part of the TaXnet.

There is no need for Shaikh Chilli Khayali Pillow. We can offer this to everyone and let’s see who will take advantage of it.

Government will need to pass law to prevent foreign National to open business in Pakistan without proper paperwork.

Wake-up before you drop your basket of eggs. Your lalaland of utopia doesn’t exist. Legislation this legislation that, in a country where Rs 5000 can an illegal a real ID. Where politicians on public TV claim corruption is their right. Wake up man.

Back
Top Bottom