What's new

Pakistan TV channels fined Rs 10 million for excessive Indian content

Rumors are that the Prime Minister Indra Gandhi, bragged about how Indian soft **** is going to win Pakistan over without a war.

If this is true, it depicts a dangerous thought process on behalf of an enemy state that we risk falling a prey to. Its imperative that there needs to be a constitutional ban on all Indian media imports.

Rumour has it that Benajir Bhutto was a fan of Indian soft **** especially shakeela series :lol:

90% of the commercials on this site are Indian :P.. Why don't the admins ban that also :omghaha::omghaha:

Charity should begin from home :)

lolololololol...:rofl::omghaha:I quote this post so that if Mods delete original post this gem can still be read by others who missed the original post.

Someone tell this fool that ads are based on one's search history.

@Topic Rs10Million is nothing. BTW Pakistani channels are shameless instead of showing Pakistani culture on Pakistani channels they are showing other country's culture.:nono:

Western cultural intervention is not as degenerate as yours.

Calling Indian culture degenerating is questioning your own @Aeronaut. Indian culture can just tweak pakistan culture, western can kill the very essence of it. 
It's best to have the best of both worlds.
Indian pop culture, not culture, pop culture is far closer to the Western culture than Pakistani pop culture.

The youngsters today get their feed of foreign culture inevitably from the internet. Which is not a bad thing at all.
But here watch my point:

That's the threat! The perceived similarity, the subconscious of Pakistanis can reject or seperate Western culture from their own very easily, the similarity with the Indian culture is a threat, this happens in every case study, when two separate nations share much of the same culture, the bigger nation's version with more exposure almost always literally takes hold of the other nation. Take the Canadians for example, if I were to meet one right now, even though I understand both American and Canadian culture well, 80% of the time I wouldn't know if he was American or Canadian.

We have our own version and culture we'd like to preserve, there's nothing wrong with indulging in foreign cultures, I watch Brit TV channels for a reason, but when I switch to a Pakistani one , I should not have to be given Bollywood with a Pakistani stamp on it.

Though I don't expect you to understand, you are Indian and yours is the dominant in terms of exposure. Try seeing through our eyes and you might understand better.

As I have replied to @Aeronaut , Indian culture embraces the core values similar to pakistani culture. For e.g how we treat our parents, family bonding and love -- Indian culture can not deform the very basics, the max it can do is a little bit of tweaking which one can argue as breaching the ambit of islam. Indian culture or no indian culture, pakistani culture is bound to evolve in coming days and subsequently reach where Indian culture is. Although, western culture can kill the fabric of both indian and pakistani culture - it actually hits the base, but ironically the liberals like you favors western more than Indian and for the obvious reasons which I wish should not be here.

Last edited:
India should ban its films from being shown in Pakistan.. Cut off totally... Will be interesting to see those multiplexes flourishing on indigenous contents devoid of soft ****.. :D

As I have replied to @Aeronaut , Indian culture embraces the core values similar to pakistani culture. For e.g how we treat our parents, family bonding and love -- Indian culture can not deform the very basics, the max it can do is a little bit of tweaking which one can argue as breaching the ambit of islam. Indian culture or no indian culture, pakistani culture is bound to evolve in coming days and subsequently reach where Indian culture is. Although, western culture can kill the fabric of both indian and pakistani culture - it actually hits the base, but ironically the liberals like you favors western more than Indian and for the obvious reasons which I wish should not be here.

You missed the point being made completely.

There's a difference between gentle and steady evolution of culture, and an invasion of foreign culture.
But like I said, you being of the more dominant culture have no idea what I'm talking about, you probably don't see the logic in it.

There's a difference between gentle and steady evolution of culture, and an invasion of foreign culture.
But like I said, you being of the more dominant culture have no idea what I'm talking about, you probably don't see the logic in it.

You are actually assuming a lot. Why shall I not understand the point being at dominating position?
We are not in favourable condition viz a viz all cultures.We are facing similar threats from western one.

You are missing my point. The reason that western culture completely kills our culture(including yours), we are more endangered than you since you are facing challenges with a culture which is not completely antagonist for you - but still we have liberals like you who are ready to embrace western but quite vocal in protesting indian.

Saas bahu ka drama - is it an alien concept in pakistan? Or just super realistic movies are produced?

Banning and censorship without justification just makes the item more sought after. Unless there are no black markets in Pakistan, censorship purely on the basis that "our culture is being eroded" is senseless and takes you guys back to a medieval era. In the current global village which has become the world, you guys seem desperate to cling onto something which you title the "Pakistani culture". Culture is adopted voluntarily and passed on from generation to generation. It cannot be eroded by a few stupid movies showing the life and times of some fictional people in India. Now that you are screening Turkish series, what happens in a few years if you find your women refusing to wear headscarves and demanding equal access to education? Wouldn't that be eroding the Taliban culture in Pakistan ?

lolololololol...:rofl::omghaha:I quote this post so that if Mods delete original post this gem can still be read by others who missed the original post.

Someone tell this fool that ads are based on one's search history.

@Topic Rs10Million is nothing. BTW Pakistani channels are shameless instead of showing Pakistani culture on Pakistani channels they are showing other country's culture.:nono:

Genius then I should get **** stuff on PDF because I spend most of my time searching **** on internet :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Genius then I should get **** stuff on PDF because I spend most of my time searching **** on internet :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Words of advice...stop making yourself a laughing stock...seems like you don't know what you are posting. Are you new to internet?

Pakistan probably needs as much an invasion of Indian and Western culture as possible.
Because in the last couple of decades Pakistani culture has already been invaded by the desert culture.

More and more sectarian crap, more women in burqa, more hate speeches, more conservatism. What do you think will counter act that?

Or are Pakistani's more than happy to accept anything that comes from the hallowed States of Arabia?

Rumors are that the Prime Minister Indra Gandhi, bragged about how Indian soft **** is going to win Pakistan over without a war.

If this is true, it depicts a dangerous thought process on behalf of an enemy state that we risk falling a prey to. Its imperative that there needs to be a constitutional ban on all Indian media imports.
Keep believing in rumors. That seems to be a Pakistani obsession.
Psst: there was no Moon landing either, it was a zionist conspiracy against Pakistan and Islam.

Indian content is a tool for subversion (soft power) it needs to be banned completely.
I absolutely agree.... Maybe PDF staff should try and submit some kind of public interest litigation to ban Indian content on pakistani media....

Edit: pakistani social and cultural are diametrically opposite to Indian (or atleast perceived so), hence the civil society which has a certain vision for pakistan must take actions to preserve thier culture which seems to be highly susceptible to "Indian Subversion"... also hard stops need to be placed to defend the society against the same "soft power" that oozes out our TV programs I guess...

Complete ban on dramas, Bollywood, Kishore kumar, Mohd rafi, animated series... all of it!!!!

Last edited:
Words of advice..don't take it seriously uncle.

Take what seriously?

@Topic I think the channels talking $h1t 24/7 about Pakistan should be fined too...especially thugs like hamid mir. Also channels promoting foreign cultures in Pakistan must be fined heavily.

Back
Top Bottom