What's new

Pakistan, Turkey vow to intensify strategic partnership

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
52b3a9b3edfaa.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The first round of the annual bilateral political consultations between Pakistan and Turkey within the framework of the High-level Strategic Cooperation Council was held at the Foreign Office here on Thursday.

The council was established in 2009.

Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu of Turkey led their delegations at the talks.

The discussions encompassed a whole range of bilateral, regional and international issues.

Expressing satisfaction over the state of their existing relations, the two sides resolved to further intensify the strategic partnership, especially in the economic domain, by promoting facilitative frameworks including the preferential trade agreement and the currency swap arrangement.

They expressed the hope that the forthcoming visit of the Turkish prime minister to Pakistan would further strengthen bilateral relations.

Reaffirming the centrality of peace and stability to regional development, the two sides vowed to work closely with other regional partners in achieving this shared objective.

They noted with concern the multitude of challenges confronting the Muslim world and stressed the need for greater unity and solidarity among Muslim nations.

Underlining the utility of regular consultations in a rapidly changing global environment, the two sides decided to remain engaged on a regular basis.—APP

Pakistan, Turkey vow to intensify strategic partnership - DAWN.COM

Great News. These two Muslim Powers should strengthen their Strategic Ties and keep making Progress on the Trade side as well.

This is a unique relationship,who ever comes to power in either country nothing never changes in ties between both countries.
It is time to use this in real progress in all fields.
''They noted with concern the multitude of challenges confronting the Muslim world and stressed the need for greater unity and solidarity among Muslim nations. ''
That would be allmost impossible,let them focus on both countries first.

This is a unique relationship,who ever comes to power in either country nothing never changes in ties between both countries.
''They noted with concern the multitude of challenges confronting the Muslim world and stressed the need for greater unity and solidarity among Muslim nations. ''

I think it is finally dawning upon us that if we remain divided, these other Powers will not only play us against each other but after they have managed to weakened us they will easily deliver the Fatal Blow.
If we want to survive against this "Divide and Conquer" policy of our enemies, we must Unite and form a United Front.

Pakistan and Turkey have been traditional allies for a very long time but I have noticed that they have started to take practical steps to strengthen this relationship recently.

I think it is finally dawning upon us that if we remain divided, these other Powers will not only play us against each other but after they have managed to weakened us they will easily deliver the Fatal Blow.
If we want to survive against this "Divide and Conquer" policy of our enemies, we must Unite and form a United Front.

Pakistan and Turkey have been traditional allies for a very long time but I have noticed that they have started to take practical steps to strengthen this relationship recently.
You know we cant unite all,i would just focus on both first and maybe slowly(after seeing the progress made) the rest will join.

You know we cant unite all,i would just focus on both first and maybe slowly(after seeing the progress made) the rest will join.

That is precisely what I am saying also. We have to begin with Pakistan-Turkish Unity and as others see our resolve and our combined strength of Economy and Defense , they will be motivated to join us.

turkey and pakistan are two important country who focus on science and technology, i think both countries should cooperate in this field especially like japan, south korea

there is a drought in scientific progress in the region

we can become very powerful through scientific progress

we can target middle east, central asian, african markets with that

we are the two countries who are investing and thinking about weapons technology more than civilian technology

Last edited:
I think it is quite a natural step for the Turks and Pakistanis to have some sort of an alliance, since Mughal Empire originated from Turks ( If I am not mistaken) Or at least from ME with mixed racial roots that had Turks in them too. Considering that, I think after the fall of Mughal Empire, it would be natural for Pakistan and Turks to revisit our historical connection between these two regions and bring that into modern 21th century.

Last edited:
turkey and pakistan are two important country who focus on science and technology, i think both countries should cooperate in this field especially like japan, south korea

there is a drought in scientific progress in the region

we can become very powerful through scientific progress

we can target middle east, central asian, african markets with that

we are the two countries who are investing and thinking about weapons technology more than civilian technology

Technology is transferred through industry, and the one leading country in Technological innovation and industry is USA. Not only that, but USA is also willing to share their "gifts" with the world through a global economic model of out sourcing their brands to other countries.

When USA and China's relations improved, Americans transferred a lot of their technology/industry to China to use their labour for manufacturing. This industrialization of China, gave Chinese modern technology and technological gap between China and the West narrowed.

Same thing is happening with India and Brazil right now, with the "blessing" of USA...

So integrated economy is one way to transfer technology.

Can we do the same with Turks by adopting the economic model of USA to transfer technology?

Technology is transferred through industry, and the one leading country in Technological innovation and industry is USA. Not only that, but USA is also willing to share their "gifts" with the world through a global economic model of out sourcing their brands to other countries.

When USA and China's relations improved, Americans transferred a lot of their technology/industry to China to use their labour for manufacturing. This industrialization of China, gave Chinese modern technology and technological gap between China and the West narrowed.

Same thing is happening with India and Brazil right now, with the "blessing" of USA...

So integrated economy is one way to transfer technology.

Can we do the same with Turks by adopting the economic model of USA to transfer technology?

what about korea and japan?

what about korea and japan?

You mean how Korea and Japan technologically became advance after world war 2?

Same is the case with South Korea and Japan. Americans support South Korea against North Korea, and Japan virtually became USA's colony after they nuked it, thus "USA blessed them with gifts".

I am not sure about Japan's history before WW 2 and how they became technological advance though, but I think it might have to with Japanese adopting British/Western culture, in effort to modernize themselves, during the period of colonization, when Britiain was waging opium war in China.

You mean how Korea and Japan technologically became advance after world war 2?

Same is the case with South Korea and Japan. Americans support South Korea against North Korea, and Japan virtually became USA's colony after they nuked it, thus "USA blessed them with gifts".

I am not sure about Japan's history before WW 2 and how they became technological advance though, but I think it might have to with Japanese adopting British/Western culture, in effort to modernize themselves, during the period of colonization, when Britiain was waging opium war in China.

no japan didn't become US colony, japan is infact technologically and industrially superior to USA

no japan didn't become US colony, japan is infact technologically and industrially superior to USA

I said "virtually" became USA's colony.

After the Japanese surrender in World War II, the United States Armed Forces assumed administrative authority in Japan. TheJapanese Imperial Army and Navy were decommissioned, and the US Armed Forces took control of their military bases. The allied countries planned to demilitarize Japan, and the U.S. imposed the Constitution of Japan with a no-armed-force clause in 1947.

United States Forces Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan doesn't really have an independent army of its own. It is protected by the USA's army stationed in Okinawa and other various places. Also, Japan and USA are very close to each other now.

I said "virtually" became USA's colony.

After the Japanese surrender in World War II, the United States Armed Forces assumed administrative authority in Japan. TheJapanese Imperial Army and Navy were decommissioned, and the US Armed Forces took control of their military bases. The allied countries planned to demilitarize Japan, and the U.S. imposed the Constitution of Japan with a no-armed-force clause in 1947.
United States Forces Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan doesn't really have an independent army of its own. It is protected by the USA's army stationed in Okinawa and other various places. Also, Japan and USA are very close to each other now.

the US army is present in japan, but to say that US has any influence on Japanese industrial reolution can't be more further from the truth

Back
Top Bottom