What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to start $ 20 billion upgradation project on Islamabad-Istanbul rail

Which gas pipeline project would that be? Care to enlighten us with some details?
Iran Pakistan gas project

What do you mean unfortunately? Iran is behind the majority of the funding.
Unfortunetly coz in Iran Pakistan gas pipeline, Iranians tend to agree on one cost and then disagree in the next meeting.

What experience? Yes, there was some back and forth on negotiations, but how is that different to any commercial deal? At the end of the day we are going forward even without India participating. So the entire scenario worked out in Pakistan's favour.
I am from that sector

Kindly note that I do not hate Iranians nor I have any doubts about them. It is their business ways I am not very fond of.

Pakistan, Iran and Turkey: 'Freight train service to increase 50 percent trade annually'

RECORDER REPORT
KARACHI (February 12 2010): President of Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) Abdul Majid Haji Mohammad has said that regular freight train service among Pakistan, Iran and Turkey would increase 50 percent of these countries' annual trade volume, which currently stands at $1 billion.

"The trial operation of the freight train service connecting the three countries has already begun. The 6,500 kilometer long railroad, 1900 km of which passes through Pakistan, 2570 km through Iran and 2,036 km through Turkey was the first project being run under the Economic Co-operation Organisation (ECO)," he said. He hoped that regular service would begin from next year.

Source: Business Recorder [Pakistan's First Financial Daily]

Hurriyet Daily reported that Turkey is getting ready to build a railway between Kars, Iğdır, Aralık and Dilucu to connect its railway network with Iran under the Istanbul Islamabad railway project.

The project aims to make railway transportation between Pakistan, Turkey and the European Union more efficient by reducing the train ride between Turkey and Pakistan from 11 days to 4 days. The existing railway network in Pakistan and Iran will be rehabilitated, and new railways will be built to connect certain destinations.

When the project is completed, the Istanbul Islamabad railway will be a massive network that runs 6,160 kilometers with 2,600 kilometers in Turkey, 2,570 kilometers in Iran and 990 kilometers in Pakistan. The project is estimated to be completed in 5 years.

State Railway and Port Construction Authority will invite tenders for the construction once the project works for the Kars Iğdır Aralık Dilucu connection are completed.

(Sourced from Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review, Bringing you Turkish Daily News)

Steel Guru : Turkey to connect to Iran via railway

Hope there is a passenger train too on this rail for Tourism. I would love to travel through this.

The article is titled "Turkey to connect to Iran via railway" not "Turkey starts work on Istanbul-Islamabad rail link" because the railway is one that connects Iran to Turkey and Iran to Pakistan. It's mostly funded by Iran and it was initiated by Iran, the least you could have done is put Iran in the title. Ignorant ingrate.

Good news and Abi you are right he should have put Iran in middle

@ T-Faz

Brother the passenger train will also be started in future but first this project needs to be completed by 2015/16 and then they will consider running passenger trains also.........

The article is titled "Turkey to connect to Iran via railway" not "Turkey starts work on Istanbul-Islamabad rail link" because the railway is one that connects Iran to Turkey and Iran to Pakistan. It's mostly funded by Iran and it was initiated by Iran, the least you could have done is put Iran in the title. Ignorant ingrate.

Is your dad paying for the rail link. I will write in my thread what I damn well please. Learn some damn manners and then ask politely. You sure got some words to say over the internet.

Ignorant ingrate, this is important for your country too because it will soon be completely isolated and the way you talk, I wouldn't be surprised if more countries join in to isolate you.

Well as the forum is Pakistan defence and the section is also dedicated to Pakistan , that is why perhaps the emphasis was on Pakistan - but obviously the rail would pass thru iranain friends backdoor so it great initiative

one question, why it runs 990 kms in pakistan and to which places in pakistan it will run?? from iran, the network will have to pass through the entire length of the country so that it connects islamabad, why is that i dont understand.its even mathematically wrong lol

It's mostly funded by Iran and it was initiated by Iran

please can you post any link which verifies and informs about the above quoted statement. thanks

what happens to the title doesnt matter, what matters is the information given in the text, and secondly its a pakistani forum so you should expect a more pakistani inclination and emphesis on the topics here and thats all

Last edited:
one question, why it runs 990 kms in pakistan and to which places in pakistan it will run??

from iran, the network will have to pass through the entire length of the country so that it connects islamabad, why is that i dont understand.

please can you post any links which verifies the above quoted statement. thanks

well how else can it connect to Islamabad? Or am I not getting your question?

Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. Keep it up and get banned.

This is a Pakistani forum, yes, so i would understand if he changed the title "Turkey to connect to Iran via railway"" as it doesn't include Pakistan to something that does, but intentionally removing Iran because of your wahhabi bias is ignorant.

This is a Pakistani forum, yes, so i would understand if he changed the title "Turkey to connect to Iran via railway"" as it doesn't include Pakistan to something that does, but intentionally removing Iran because of your wahhabi bias is ignorant.

Please do not Bring this BS here.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom