What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to joint production Air Defence Missiles ?

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
-During the meeting, both the Ministers discussed joint defence production projects including capacity building and technology up-gradation of Pakistan Ordnance Factories, air defence, and naval combat system projects.
-They expressed the hope to start projects for modernization of F-16 aircraft, in the inventory of Pakistan Air Force.
-Later, Ch. Mukhtar met with General Ilker BASBUG, Chief of Turkish General Staff.
-He also visited HAVELSAN which is a Turkish Armed Forces Foundation company engaged in hi-tech defence production.
-Lt. Gen (Retd) Hayrettin UZUN, Chairman of the Board of HAVELSAN briefed the visiting Pakistani delegation about the status of ongoing defence projects between Turkey and Pakistan.

http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=109278&Itemid=1

We few days back got SPADA i guess....May be this is High Altitude air defence.

-During the meeting, both the Ministers discussed joint defence production projects including capacity building and technology up-gradation of Pakistan Ordnance Factories, ]air defence, and naval combat system projects.
-They expressed the hope to start projects for modernization of F-16 aircraft, in the inventory of Pakistan Air Force.
-Later, Ch. Mukhtar met with General Ilker BASBUG, Chief of Turkish General Staff.
-He also visited HAVELSAN which is a Turkish Armed Forces Foundation company engaged in hi-tech defence production.
-Lt. Gen (Retd) Hayrettin UZUN, Chairman of the Board of HAVELSAN briefed the visiting Pakistani delegation about the status of ongoing defence projects between Turkey and Pakistan.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Turkey should be compensated for Mavi Marmara incident: Pakistan

I just read this part...Wasn't a contract already awarded to TAI.

I just read this part...Wasn't a contract already awarded to TAI.

Yes It has already been signed but I think Article is about meeting of counterparts to talk about starting point of Pakistani F-16 modernization program in TAI institue. Most probably, Pakistani officials demand TAI to start modernizating Pak F-16's earlier than expected...

As many of you know that I always adviced my Pakistan brothers/officials to join/take a look/search cooperation possibilities into/for Turkish air defence missile programs at every opportunity I have catched in PDF and I hope This news is about it.

With a simple cooperation signiture between Pakistan and Turkey, Both country will start joint R&D's for;

-3D Surveillance radar technologies
-Fire control radars
-Related Electro-optic systems
-Related Command-control Softwares and source-codes
-RF links
-Warhead
-Rocket engines for air defence missiles
-Rocket fuels
-IIR seeker heads
-Flying algoritms to approach the targets
-IMU-MEMS and other critical guidance devices that needs nanotechnological researches
-TVC (Thrust Vector control) technology
-Vertical Launch algoritmas

Last edited:
Why a nation have to develop their own missile systems ?

At first look, You can see difficult face of development phases of your own systems but At the end, You will gain more than what you paid because Missile sector is the most strategical systems than any others in terms of technology, importance...etc

In additions, For Example, When you developed an IR seeker head to integrate on your air defence missiles, It is possible to use same/similar seeker heads for precision guided A-G missiles. Same for guidance/propulsion systems. All missile sector is tied with eachothers and uses generally similar technologies from air to naval systems so Once you catched somewhere of this technology, Rest is coming easily.

The most important side of developing your own missiles is that You develop the strategic systems of your own such as Detectors, RF, Guidance, Algorithms... which can easily be jammed by Enemy forces If They reach those critical informations of your system. The history has lots of such tragic incidents about missiles.

and When you developed your own, You type the algorithms in accodance with your own needs. I mean If USA designated 5m flying limit over the sea to hit enemy ships for Harpoon missiles international version (Most probably, Original versions have more deadly attacking capabilities), You can set up such critical key specifications of your missiles in accorance with your own requirements.

SAme for Radars, Even If the capability of foreign radars are able to search the targets with a range of 100km's, The software developed for export markets, gives you permission to increase the range scale up to 40-50km so Even If Radar saw the targets with a range from 100km, The software is waiting enemy targets to approach your strategic buildings-systems in order to give Warning/Tracking/Engagement.

The interesting side of all those, Even If you know Which probabilities you can meet When you ordered international versions of foreign missiles, You have to paid tonnes of money for those...

As many of you know that I always adviced my Pakistan brothers/officials to join/take a look/search cooperation possibilities into/for Turkish air defence missile programs at every opportunity I have catched in PDF and I hope This news is about it.

With a simple cooperation signiture between Pakistan and Turkey, Both country will start joint R&D's for;

-3D Surveillance radar technologies
-Fire control radars
-Related Electro-optic systems
-Related Command-control Softwares and source-codes
-RF links
-Warhead
-Rocket engines for air defence missiles
-Rocket fuels
-IIR seeker heads
-Flying algoritms to approach the targets
-IMU-MEMS and other critical guidance devices that needs nanotechnological researches
-TVC (Thrust Vector control) technology
-Vertical Launch algoritmas
Your advise will not go in vain.....Because after reading few recent news where PDF was quoted i can bet many people who are not registered here but are on high ranks do read us and who knows also take our suggestions. :)

So this means High Altitude SAM right?

:what:

So this means High Altitude SAM right?

:what:

Both country do not have anything about high altitude SAM's to share with eachothers. The likely cooperation areas can be following ;

1-Aselsan Self Propelled Air Defence Gun System
2-Aselsan SHORAD /VSHORAD Air defence system (Atilgan/Zipkin)
3-Aselsan-Roketsan Low altitude Towed Air Defence Missile program
4-Aselsan-Roketsan Low Altitude Otonom Air Defence missile program
5-Aselsan-Roketsan Medium altitude Air defence program

-Various type of 3D and fire control Radars related with those systems...

You can watch 1,2,3,4 systems and their roles in this video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps Turkey would look into ALCM/Land based/Naval Based, co-operating with Pakistan Turkey can explore this field, it is time, Turkey has some essentials in their arsenal.

What we need are MRBMs of course like Cabatli said Turkey keeps these secret but this is an area of were we can cooperate with pakistan. Something like the Ghauri-II would be great for turkey. The J-600T Yıldırım II SRBM is not going to cut it.

Last edited:
We need SAM System which could take on SU-30, the real threat for Pak Def Forces possessed by IAF.

SU-30 has BVR capability, so we need long range, guided and accurate missile system

I am extremely pleased that Brother Turkey is helping Pakistan in this regards.

Excellent development between Turkey and Pakistan.

Off-Topic: Hillman why do you always post everything in bold?

Back
Top Bottom