What's new

Pakistan totally failed to capitalize the technology transfer of the Agosta-90B Submarines.

I raised this question multiple times on this forum and suggested punitive actions for the responsible people.

I raised this question multiple times on this forum and suggested punitive actions for the responsible people.

Paisa Baba Paisa , Submarine wala Frenchie Paisa Mangta hai 2-3 Billion per submarine back in day who know what those submarines cost now

It would have been a bargin had we constructed our Submarines with old prices

Paisa Baba Paisa , Submarine wala Frenchie Paisa Mangta hai 2-3 Billion per submarine back in day who know what those submarines cost now

It would have been a bargin had we constructed our Submarines with old prices
Well, I'm not saying to buy more Agosta 90 Bs from France rather building them indigenously since we bought them with ToT, paid the extra money for that and the last sub (Saad I guess) was constructed at KSE&W ground up.

TOT means transfer of technology. It is very misleading where people think the other side have given you access to manufacture what they have developed. WRONG !! They have given you components where you just assemble them.

TOT doesnt mean you will build more, i mean you can modify/repair and upgrade yourself and you get inside of building subs

This and other posts should also hint at the possibility
that after forming the local batch of techs upon their
return from France, these guys matured in their skills
enough to work on other projects.

One may now be in charge of evaluating the China buy.
One may have worked on the mini-subs.
One is likely still in charge of the Agosta's maintenance.
One is almost certainly going fat in a plush govt office ...

In short, the simple fact that the series didn't go on does
NOT mean that the expertise was lost!

On a side note, thanks for the bird calls at us French ...
we'll had them to this slight mishap for future reference :
8th of May 2002.​

So sure, Sharif had courageously jailed Haq by then but
he also shamelessly freed him later to enjoy his 33M €.

That's 3 million Euros per life lost that day not counting
the two Pakistani collateral victims and one must wonder
how much that sum would have helped if only it had been
spent on equipping the Pakistani Armed Forces.

I'm guessing it might have saved more than 13 lives ...
still not counting the explosive cockroach.

Corruption is present and costly everywhere!

But hey, as long as everyone is set on having shrill opinions,
let's all have a good day, Tay.

You sure about that ? i mean we have Sharifs, Zardari,.. Diesel,. Achakzais,.. Dar'sss .. still u think they r the masters ?
no worries, we have zumas and their indian transplated money sucking parasites - gupta brothers.

Then why did we stop building them?

Hi,

Once we learnt the Agosta---in the next step---we fckd up again---. The next order would have been the Rafale and more french subs---as we screwed the French---they responded in kind---.

The TOT was a great progress in the right direction---but the follow through was extremely poor.

We missed a golden chance to develop a industry with sustained projects for Agosta and it is 100% our own fault

Anyfuture project will involve relearning the skills and it will take time

I've noticed you guys have a habit of doing that. It happened with the F-16's early on, with F-20 (was offered with TOT later but you guys refused), the Hawkeye in the 80's, but you guys got upset again asking for only E3-C, the BVR's (Sparrow were offered), Augusta TOT and the French wanted a Rafale contract as a follow up, and they would've helped you setup an entire manufacturing line of Augusta's with even Scorpion tech, which was just a modern version of the Augusta's tech. So I don't know how to comment on this issue anymore. Very sad waste of talent for sure and $$.

We didn't construct a single submarine after the initial three. Instead we are buying eight more Chinese submarines. What was the whole point of wasting resources for building future submarines that we will never build?
Capture.PNG

The new Chinese subs will be built in KSEW the same way as the 3rd Agosta 90B (PNS Hamza) - i.e. with technical documents (TDP) and material kits (KoM) from China.

View attachment 449097
so pakistan would have limited ability to build subs on its own but the shipyard would undergo upgrades i.e. the lift system which is underway. but theres no news of a dock hall being built where the subs would be built indoors.

The new Chinese subs will be built in KSEW the same way as the 3rd Agosta 90B (PNS Hamza) - i.e. with technical documents (TDP) and material kits (KoM) from China.

View attachment 449097

Quick Question Sir, we bought 8 Submarines , and the part you posted above from MODP report says, 4 AIP submarine will be build in Karachi, for which first Sub will start from 26th Oct 2020 , so does this mean China will start building our remaining 4 Subs before 2020 ? or if they are already not working on it ?

Quick Question Sir, we bought 8 Submarines , and the part you posted above from MODP report says, 4 AIP submarine will be build in Karachi, for which first Sub will start from 26th Oct 2020 , so does this mean China will start building our remaining 4 Subs before 2020 ? or if they are already not working on it ?
Yep 4 coming from China by 2022-2023, the KSEW ones by 2028.

Back
Top Bottom