What's new

Pakistan to train Afghan military officials

"Karzai is in Russia right now --inking defence and other deals with the same people who helped destroy his country and kill his people"

Pakistan should also reevaluate her foreign policy. No, I am not saying that we should fight with the U.S., rather we should have good relationship with our neighbours i.e. CARs (at least some of them if not all), Russia, China, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Iran, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

The U.S. will not allow a 'big' war in South America because of the same region; similarly, we should not allow a war in our region....

Just my opinion...

If you want to secure your borders, have good relations with regional neighbours rather than calling for help from a different world, a different continent...the U.S.....

Agree with you buddy. But the problem, apart from foreign invasions, is local as well. The de-factionalization of Afghanistan is required and I do agree Pakistan should help in this regard. That is why re-conciliation among warring factions is key.

All the stakeholders support different factions, often for their own interest. Pakistan never aimed to support one group or faction just for the sake of it, we are an immediate neighbour and therefore want to support he that will promote some law & order there and an end to the scourge of drugs and other ills. Of course we were short-sighted and made some mistakes, though at this point we should only look at what options are available and what are the most realistic --considering NATO wont always be there to be the policeman.

we have to think about an Afghanistan post-withdrawal. If the Russians have something good to offer, then great. As long as they don't continue to support factions which are anti-Pakistan and which may create challenges to us in future. Such hasn't been the case in the past, they have their reasons. We have ours.

We can all agree that in the end, everyone should work towards Afghan development and security....because their development & security and our development and security are almost inter-twined.

Well, Afghanistan at this stage is an exceptional foreign issue. I hope, someday Afghanis will stand on their own feet, will decide what they want rather than taking dictations from the U.S., Russia, Iran, Arabi kings, India or Pakistan.

"If the Russians have something good to offer, then great. As long as they don't continue to support factions which are anti-Pakistan and which may create challenges to us in future. Such hasn't been the case in the past, they have their reasons. We have ours. "

I want to get a little off topic here but it has a relation with Afghanistan...If we want to help Chechnians, talk to Russian government rather than supporting the freedom guys there as we did in the past...This will help us in three ways--Russia will stop supporting anti Pakistan elements IF they are, Pakistan will have good relations with Russians and Pakistan will help Chechnians...

I had a friend from Dagestan, she was inspired by bollywood/Indian culture.
No matter how much we sacrifice, we get a 'pu pu' at the end from the very same people..muslim brotherhood...

We should consider state to state relations with Russia and then HELP Chechnians by talking to the Russian leaders.....
^^If we still care about brotherhood...

Last edited:
Saad bhai --- Dagestan/Chechna/Ingushetia etc. are none of our immediate concern and none of our business. Maybe some injustices go on there, and there are appropriate avenues and international platforms to address them.

Afghanistan however is our concern as we share a very loose, de-marcated border with them where everyday people criss-cross with ease (there are remedies to that, which I will not discuss).

The OIC should consider enhancing its 'clout' (whatever it may be) by treating Afghanistan as a priority area, rather than focus on internal squabbles and what have you. Everyone has a duty here.

Project Afghanistan is a difficult one, nevertheless. Because in reality and actuality, the REAL people who can help Afghanistan are Afghans THEMSELF --inside and outside Afghanistan -- all ethnicities, sects, political beliefs and all that other stuff should be set aside.

(at the same time, i will remind people what they already know --- you cannot marginalize and alienate the Pakhtuns in Afghanistan)

Saad bhai --- Dagestan/Chechna/Ingushetia etc. are none of our immediate concern and none of our business. Maybe some injustices go on there, and there are appropriate avenues and international platforms to address them.

Afghanistan however is our concern as we share a very loose, de-marcated border with them where everyday people criss-cross with ease (there are remedies to that, which I will not discuss).

The OIC should consider enhancing its 'clout' (whatever it may be) by treating Afghanistan as a priority area, rather than focus on internal squabbles and what have you. Everyone has a duty here.

Project Afghanistan is a difficult one, nevertheless. Because in reality and actuality, the REAL people who can help Afghanistan are Afghans THEMSELF --inside and outside Afghanistan -- all ethnicities, sects, political beliefs and all that other stuff should be set aside.

(at the same time, i will remind people what they already know --- you cannot marginalize and alienate the Pakhtuns in Afghanistan)

Sir, I support Afghan resolution just BECAUSE other nations are poking their nose...Furthermore, our tribal areas share same ethnicity/culture so Afghan issue is important to us, as you mentioned earlier....

The reason I brought Dagestan in this discussion was to highlight some past mistakes from our side...

Afghanistan is a different game, a different world...

"Dagestan/Chechna/Ingushetia etc. are none of our immediate concern

Sir, this was an immediate concern during mid 70s-80s when we were riding the U.S. horse, like a roller coaster...

So, I hope that our government plays the right card this time...

"(at the same time, i will remind people what they already know --- you cannot marginalize and alienate the Pakhtuns in Afghanistan)"

Sir, give me some task...Do you want me to tame Karzai to an extent?
No jokes here...

I am all ready, manned up, breathing the last few 02s like an adrenaline junkie...

I have this special power, if you know what I mean....

As soon USA leave Afghanistan all problems will be resolved automatically every where all will live in peace neither USA will b any more in risk even USA was never at risk and can never be attacked through terrorist activities as us got so high intelligence and technology with no loop hole much more except war which is not possible for under developed or developed countries and even super powers because don't wanna destroy each other neither India will interfere in Pakistani matters neither other countries secret agents neither Russia and China will keep eagle eyes on us intentions in Afghanistan 911 and Asama mystery what ever was the game behind to invade 2 free states Iraq and afghan but now the so called global powers us and UK should realize from their mistakes to live in peace and leave others to live in peace if they cant do so have no right to do worst at least.

Afghanis are our neighbours and brothers, so it is good that we train them, so they can have peace and control in their country.

They are definitely NOT our brothers. They are ungrateful hypocrites and we should not waste time on helping them. After all they were the only country to vote against Pakistan in the UN, do a failed invasion of FATA/Khyber-P, go around speaking ill of Pakistan, do not recognize the durand line, and are currently causing trouble in Pakistan.

They are definitely NOT our brothers. They are ungrateful hypocrites and we should not waste time on helping them. After all they were the only country to vote against Pakistan in the UN, do a failed invasion of FATA/Khyber-P, go around speaking ill of Pakistan, do not recognize the durand line, and are currently causing trouble in Pakistan.

Agree with you sister. And don't forget the poll results showing afghans favour india over Pakistan. If they love india that much, i think we should deport their millions of refugees from Pakistan to india.

Last edited:
Not unheard of. they are neighbors afterall. not a big issue.

ISTANBUL: A tripartite conference was held between Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkey in Istanbul, on Sunday, DawnNews reported.

According to Afghanistan’s government, on the basis of the agreement signed in this conference, Pakistan army will train Afghanistan army.

According to a British channel, the foreign ministry of Afghanistan has given a confirmation of this agreement.

The Afghanistan’s government has stated that on the basis of this agreement, the armies of these three countries will practice together in a combined form.

Tehmina Janjua, Pakistan’s foreign office spokeswomen had already indicated this.

She said that during this conference, two agreements were signed, one was related to the combine practices of the armies and the other was about training the Afghanistan police forces.

Pakistan army will train Afghanistan Army | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

okay very good accomplishment of Pakistan and Turkey to help Afghanistan.nice to hear thatAt least it will pave the way for the peace within the region.....:smokin:

Is it me or any one else also read the threat title as "Pakistan to train Afghan militant"

Back
Top Bottom