What's new

Pakistan to test fire a medium range missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Shaheen-III (2500-3000km range, 692km apogee), however, according to the new NOTAM, the test looks like to have been postponed at the last moment. Evidently a Shaheen-II is being tested on 12-13 Nov.

No, it is not the SLV, so anyone having dreams of that should go back to sleep.

This November is going to be a busy one. Enjoy. :)

680 km apogee corresponds to ~5000 km IRBM.

shaheen three with just 3000 km cant they simply increase the range of shaheen 2 like they did with shaheen 1A
3000km is enough for Pakistan. Anything greater will require major design changes i.e. something we cannot afford at the moment.

Weren't you busy in missile test preparation or something ? :P

Any chance we going to see MIRV or MARV on Shaheen III?
Yeah just got back :P :D

Nope.

Not necessarily, correspondence can vary a lot in different systems.
Besides the range estimate is taken from the probable launch and impact coordinates.

Last edited:
3000km is enough for Pakistan. Anything greater will require major design changes i.e. something we cannot afford at the moment.

Nope.
no i know that with shaheen 2 we cover nearly entire india but a new system to add just 1000 km increase ? looks like bad planning

Nope.

Not necessarily, correspondence can vary a lot.
Besides the range estimate is taken from the probable launch and impact coordinates.

well might say that PA dont want to disclose the real range . or else Shaheen 3 has no real reason to be tested .. if i am not wrong Shaheen 1A range is 3000+ right ?

no i know that with shaheen 2 we cover nearly entire india but a new system to add just 1000 km increase ? looks like bad planning
Looks like efficient resource management. :)
@The Deterrent
Kia chakkar hai bhai?

Chakkar saamnay hai,
due to some reason the test appears to have been canceled/postponed.

well might say that PA dont want to disclose the real range . or else Shaheen 3 has no real reason to be tested .. if i am not wrong Shaheen 1A range is 3000+ right ?
Nope.
Shaheen-IA has 900km range.

Looks like efficient resource management. :)

Chakkar saamnay hai,
due to some reason the test appears to have been canceled/postponed.

Nope.
Shaheen-IA has 900km range.

so in short there is nothing to get excited ??

Not necessarily. Agni4 has an apogee of a max 900 km still it is a 4000 km range missile while Agni5, our ICBM has an apogee of 800 km(which is less than agni4s apogee) still it can go beyond 5500 km.

1000 And definitely the technologies that goes in to SHaheen 1 A should have gone into Shaheen III. What Deterrent meant to say, Shaheen III have a improved Engine motor, Better fuel, better guidance, Better ABM avoidance techniques (All tested and borrowed from Shaheen 1 A). Internal Tweaks mostly and to go beyond 3000 stage we would require to add another stage to missile, a cumbersome time and money consuming method.

Though I agree with @Dr. Stranglove It should be called Shaheen 2 A instead of Shahenn III

Na kr yaar? btw it's shaheen 3 na? aur 3000km range apka andaza hai ya confirm?
Yes it is.
Coordinates dekh lo bhai NOTAM main.
so in short there is nothing to get excited ??
Yes. I have always maintained that Shaheen-III will be an upgrade over Shaheen-II, not an entirely new system. More like what Agni-IV is to Agni-II (just not that much increase in range).
1000 And definitely the technologies that goes in to SHaheen 1 A should have gone into Shaheen III. What Deterrent meant to say, Shaheen III have a improved Engine motor, Better fuel, better guidance, Better ABM avoidance techniques (All tested and borrowed from Shaheen 1 A). Internal Tweaks mostly and to go beyond 3000 stage we would require to add another stage to missile, a cumbersome time and money consuming method.
Precisely.

Though I agree with @Dr. Stranglove It should be called Shaheen 2 A instead of Shahenn III

well i believe you are right ... do we have 2 stage ballistic missile ??

Yes it is.
Coordinates dekh lo bhai NOTAM main.

Yes. I have always maintained that Shaheen-III will be an upgrade over Shaheen-II, not an entirely new system. More like what Agni-IV is to Agni-II (just not that much increase in range).

Precisely.

ok i got your point though ...
any way lets wait and see what the test concludes ...

still waiting for Naval Babur :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom