What's new

Pakistan to support TAPI

Flame

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistan supports trans-Afghanistan gas pipeline: PM

Pakistani Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani Wednesday supported Turkmenistan-Afghanistan- Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline project, saying that Islamabad would like this project to materialize without further delay in order to meet the country's growing shortages of energy.

The prime minister was talking to Rashid Meredov, deputy prime minister and foreign minister of Turkmenistan, the prime minister' s office said.

The pipeline, which will transport Caspian Sea natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan into Pakistan and then to India, has been essentially stalled due to increasing instability in Afghanistan.

The cost of the pipeline is estimated cost at 7.6 billion U.S. dollars. The project is to be financed by the Asian Development Bank.

He said his government attached highest priority to the progress of the project and was coordinating with all the countries concerned for its early materialization.

Source:Xinhua

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7117630.html

No offense....But I think India will again delay delay delay and then leave the project...just like IPI.

Well, India is again jumping in this project, after China announce being a part of plan and building rail track from Gawadar to China. Actually, Indian concluded this project as dead monkey. But, they didn't know China is major stake holder and they won't let it go so easily.Pipeline security is jointly worked by both Pak-China. And soon US is also planning to build a oil terminal at Gawadar pulled from central Asia.

They really don't have to, but they may well since India is starving of gas. Stratigically, they better go with TAPI than IPI.

If India is the final destination, I guess they would change the route to Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Iran-India, if the sea link is placed.

Whats new in it? Pakistan always supported TAPI.

US had been trying since long to quash IP and replace it with TAPI.

Lets see what happens

They really don't have to, but they may well since India is starving of gas. Stratigically, they better go with TAPI than IPI.

Any pipleline with "P" , I dont think India will agree to it unless the supplier gives the guarentee and takes responsibility for delivery of gas/oil "AT OUR BORDERS" and not till their (source country) borders.

Till we have that guarentee we are not going ahead with any pipeline and it was the most important reason why India backed out of the IPI project.

Guarantee is stable Baluchistan. If India meddling in Baluchistan, then it should stop, that will be a economic benefit for whole region, including India. But anyway Gasline project is finishing soon and gas will be pumping in next or two years. I see big change in next few years.

Well, India is again jumping in this project, after China announce being a part of plan and building rail track from Gawadar to China. Actually, Indian concluded this project as dead monkey. But, they didn't know China is major stake holder and they won't let it go so easily.Pipeline security is jointly worked by both Pak-China. And soon US is also planning to build a oil terminal at Gawadar pulled from central Asia.

Never knew that railwaylines are used to supply gas.......

Then again...we cant be as high tech as the Chinese now can we.....

Are you sure you're not mixing news stories here bud?

Never knew that railwaylines are used to supply gas.......

Then again...we cant be as high tech as the Chinese now can we.....

Are you sure you're not mixing news stories here bud?
Gawadar port in not only for oil, its also direct trade route from China to middle east and other parts of world. Singkiang is one the biggest trade city along Pakistan border and connected with silk highway. Well gasline project from Pakistan to China will take while. Even these two projects already finalized. Broaden the roads,Rail track and Gasline.

Gawadar port in not only for oil, its also direct trade route from China to middle east and other parts of world. Singkiang is one the biggest trade city along Pakistan border and connected with silk highway. Well gasline project from Pakistan to China will take while. Even these two projects already finalized. Broaden the roads,Rail track and Gasline.

I agree with most of your statements....

I was just trying to point out why the TAPC or TACP pipeline as you proposed would be benefited by the Gwadar China rail line....

Nevertheless....I see where you're going with this....

If India is the final destination, I guess they would change the route to Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Iran-India, if the sea link is placed.

A Pipeline from Turkmenistan to India via Iran does not have to traverse Afghanistan.

In view of Pakistan not permitting India access, to Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics, India uses the Port of Chahbahar.

Check in an Atlas!

I don't see the project completing.
First Pakistan reluctance, then bigger issue is terrorist threat on the Pakistan soil.
Turk, Afghan, Iran and then India via sea route is the safest bet.

When Reliance can lay an under sea Internet & telecommunication cable travelling the entire globe, then a thick pipe from Iran to India shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom