What's new

Pakistan to sell 05 to 07 JF-17 Thunder Fighter Planes next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half a Squadron for Sri Lanka???they generally used full Squadron strength of each Fighter jet in the past(Most probably they'll buy at least one full squadron).Good buy though.I was thinking that after new IAI KFIR's launch,they're probably going to get it as they operated it in the past.

I think this would be a first order of 7 JF-17s Blokc-IIs from Sri Lanka and we might going to see some more order of about 11-15 in near future too from Sri Lanka and I am sure that BD, Azerbijan and Argentina are also looking to buy JF-17s Blokc-IIs along with its dual seat from us and PAC has gain capability to produce about 30-35 JF-17s on yearly basis.........

Good for Pakistan and its people. :)

Pakistan to sell 05 to 07 JF-17 Thunder next year | The News Tribe

Summary:

- Rana Tanveer says so far 45 JF-17s have been manufactured

- Country 'set to sell 5-7 JF-17s next year'

- Helicopter manufacture is underway in PAC. Talks with Turkey and other countries are going on.
I think Sri Lankans are Getting them, as they are very close with china and Pakistan, and regarding the Heli programme it will take some time , and pakistan heli would be mixture of Chinese and Turkish systems.

Half a Squadron for Sri Lanka???they generally used full Squadron strength of each Fighter jet in the past(Most probably they'll buy at least one full squadron).Good buy though.I was thinking that after new IAI KFIR's launch,they're probably going to get it as they operated it in the past.
best wishes to them of they have money on half SQN so why not dear?

best wishes to them of they have money on half SQN so why not dear?

actually,as you know,half sqd of fighter jets generally adds more cost on infra and maintenance but adds less functionality(most probably,they'll get only 3-4 aircrafts operational at any time,while others will be in repairs).also,they've to replace almost all their fighter jets,apart from F-7.so why don't start buying at least 1 sqd of Fighters.if they've less money,then they should go for Kfir,whose infra already exists,apart from few decades of experience of operating them.but if money isn't a problem,then generally any country maintains at least 1 Sqd of Fighter jets.Half a Sqd is somewhat unusual.thats why I said that most probably they'll buy at least 1 sqd or more in future..

actually,as you know,half sqd of fighter jets generally adds more cost on infra and maintenance but adds less functionality(most probably,they'll get only 3-4 aircrafts operational at any time,while others will be in repairs).also,they've to replace almost all their fighter jets,apart from F-7.so why don't start buying at least 1 sqd of Fighters.if they've less money,then they should go for Kfir,whose infra already exists,apart from few decades of experience of operating them.but if money isn't a problem,then generally any country maintains at least 1 Sqd of Fighter jets.Half a Sqd is somewhat unusual.thats why I said that most probably they'll buy at least 1 sqd or more in future..
Bro, Its our assumption that it will be SrLAF but possibilities are many.....Secondoly, PAF has to induct 250+ AC in own fleet so giving away whole Sqrd in initial production stage doesn't look good for PAF replacement program.

Regards

This might be the first batch order as the report does not indicate 'total number of birds order'

Good for Pakistan to start generating revenue concurrently while meeting the needs of the PAF.

what ? gift 4rth gen fighter jet why ? because BD gov and media bark us daily day night and blame their issues after 42 years of independence ? better gift them to israel
And they will use them one day to either bomb your nuclear plants or bomb your allies

you are out of your mind! Free gift to Bangladesh, which keeps lying about killing of 3 million bangalis by PA? the bengladesh that is sitting in india's lap? We already gave them many jets as afree gift in Zia's tenure. In my opinion we should not even sell them anything at a premium.

I hope the first sale is to Bangladesh .

It would be nice if Bangladesh was gifted a batch as a goodwill gesture.

Whether Pakistan's demand is fulfilled? I think PAF need some fighter planes urgently. Is Pakistan ready to export the planes without fulfilling their own demand? Or Pakistan has decided to import some chinese stuff instead?

What is the current status of the JF-17 ? I haven't heard any news about this plane for some time. Is the PAF still buying them ? What happened to Block II and the WS-13 engine ? And how is China and Pakistan going to sell the JF-17 to other countries if the Russians have control over the RD-93 engines ? Did the Russians gave permission to re-export the RD-93 ?
Russia may have vowed not to sell its arms to Pakistan, but Pakistan is getting some key Russian/Soviet military equipment, surreptitiously through China.

One example of such Chinese arms sales, though they do not sell full equipment of Russian origin, is the aeroengines for Pakistan’s JF-17 combat aircraft for which Russia too has given its consent.

China is jointly developing JF-17 lightweight combat planes with Pakistan and has provided the Russian-origin RD-93 aeroengines, an upgrade of the MiG-29 combat plane’s RD-33 aeroengines, to Islamabad for the purpose.

The Klimov RD-93 is a turbojet engine and Pakistan intends to get around 150 of these engines for the JF-17s. Way back in August 2007, Russia signed a contract for re-export of 150 of the engines from China to Pakistan for the JF-17, though they had till then denied such plans.

Whether Pakistan's demand is fulfilled? I think PAF need some fighter planes urgently. Is Pakistan ready to export the planes without fulfilling their own demand? Or Pakistan has decided to import some chinese stuff instead?
We are now going for BLOCK II soon we would induct BLOCK II INSHALLAH and we should do it as soon as possible because it would BLOCK II which could be our biggest export product @Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom