What's new

Pakistan to receive $3 billion from Friends in October: Qureshi

I wish this "aid" was rather recognized in terms of reimbursement cost for the huge cost and great contribution that Pakistan has made to the war against terror. Its the world's war that we are fighting and we must be compensated for that. Before recognizing it as an aid, one would need to over-look 3.08 trillion dollars loss that Pakistan has suffered because of participating in this war. This amount is not even 2% compensation of what we have exhausted.

----------------------
Link please ..this amount is bigger than USA GDP ..........

us gdp is something like 14 trillion....
also i think that 3.08 trillion amount includes things like infrastructure lost and other costs not just economic activity lost.

us gdp is something like 14 trillion....
also i think that 3.08 trillion amount includes things like infrastructure lost and other costs not just economic activity lost.

Pakistan's entire GDP is 170 billion. If we take into consideration everything they own, I doubt it would hardly be 750 billion. I, in no way, mean to insult Pakistanis here. But I am giving an upper limit to valuation. so 3.08 trillion is highly implausible. I suspect even rational pakistanis would think its a bit over stretch. If its infrastructure indeed cost 3.08 trillion, it would be better to sell it and move to different part of the world.

Last edited:
The actual figure is in rupees, not dollars. Person who said dollars should have said rupees.

But regardless, our losses due to WoT are estimated at $40-50 billion,

The actual figure is in rupees, not dollars. Person who said dollars should have said rupees.

But regardless, our losses due to WoT are estimated at $40-50 billion,

No it is 80 billion and sunny our gdp is near 450 billion or somethin ... ur talkin about Budget for the fiscal year.

if you know some finance, the lost growth is indeed very expensive. if the WOT cost pakistan 1% growth each year for 10 years, thats atleast a 10% cumulative loss *every year* after the 10+ year period. something like 10Billion $+ a year.

in addition to the lost growth there must've been a lot of direct costs. I can say that the WOT would've easily cost pak 50B by now.

and please, stop using PPP GDP. thats not the cash GDP. PPP GDP is only useful to compare GDP figures, its not the actual GDP.

tsk .. spilled milk .. We should buy a time machine for the $3b

Pakistan's entire GDP is 170 billion. If we take into consideration everything they own, I doubt it would hardly be 750 billion. I, in no way, mean to insult Pakistanis here. But I am giving an upper limit to valuation. so 3.08 trillion is highly implausible. I suspect even rational pakistanis would think its a bit over stretch. If its infrastructure indeed cost 3.08 trillion, it would be better to sell it and move to different part of the world.
CIA factbook.....

GDP : $449.3 billion (2009 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

if you know some finance, the lost growth is indeed very expensive. if the WOT cost pakistan 1% growth each year for 10 years, thats atleast a 10% cumulative loss *every year* after the 10+ year period. something like 10Billion $+ a year.

in addition to the lost growth there must've been a lot of direct costs. I can say that the WOT would've easily cost pak 50B by now.

and please, stop using PPP GDP. thats not the cash GDP. PPP GDP is only useful to compare GDP figures, its not the actual GDP.

Cumulative should be more than 10%, considering base value increases every year, like your interest. For analogy purpose, we can use 10% as reference. If you measure all the physical losses and man power used in army and all the opportunity costs ( higher GDP), Pakistan could have easily lost $60-$70 billion dollars on WOT.

Yeah, you're talking about things such as FDI, economic growth, stock market, tourism dropping due to WoT.

FDI, for instance, was 6-8B/year before terrorism started to really get big. Now it's down to 1-2B/year. Then the small matter of things such FDI playing a role in economic growth.

Back
Top Bottom