What's new

Pakistan to procure 6.2m mosquito nets from India

Suriya

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

Pakistan to procure 6.2m mosquito nets from India​

Malaria patients are being treated in an isolation ward established at a local hospital in Peshawar on Sunday, September 25, 2022. —PPI
Malaria patients are being treated in an isolation ward established at a local hospital in Peshawar on Sunday, September 25, 2022. —PPI

• Malaria emerges as major public health issue in flood-affected areaa.
  • 6.2 million mosquito nets will be acquired from India.
  • Health officials say they will try to complete the process by mid-November.

ISLAMABAD: The health ministry was given go-ahead Tuesday to purchase 6.2 million mosquito nets from India as the country battles with mosquito-borne diseases due to floods.
According to health officials, the World Health Organization (WHO) is using financial resources provided by Global Fund to acquire the nets for Pakistan.

The officials said that they are planning to obtain the nets as early as possible and are hopeful that these would be obtained by the mid of November via the Wagah route.
“Malaria is spreading at a rapid pace in 32 flood-affected districts of the country where thousands of children are infected with the mosquito-borne disease,” they said, adding they are facing difficulties in its treatment.

They said that malaria has emerged as a major public health issue in flood-ravaged areas.
According to a report, the health ministry had sought permission to procure mosquito nets from India last month.
The official asserted that they had requested the Global Fund for the arrangement of mosquito nets for the 26 most-affected districts of Sindh, Punjab and Baluchistan, where Plasmodium Falciparum cases were humongous and in response, the Global Fund offered to procure these nets from India if the government of Pakistan allows its procurement from its arch-rival neighbouring state.

“We have written a letter to the Ministry of Commerce to grant permission for the procurement of mosquito nets from India. If allowed, the Global Fund has assured us of arranging the required number of mosquito nets within a few days,” an official had shared at the time the ministry was approached.

Dhor fita mo on this nation that you have to import mosquito nets, the most basic of production output you couldn’t do. A country of 220 million producing worthless children and leaders with no qualities.

Ask them to sign a ToT agreement with India for this high tech procurement.

I don't even know where to begin. This country disappoints me every day I wake up.

We would have been better off remaining a British colony; independence and lives lost due to migration were absolute mistakes.

This whole country was a f*king mistake.

Okay so I’m slightly confused. Why is the global fund asking to procure nets from India.
But why does a textile exporting country waste precious dollars importing mosquito nets? Isn't a net easier to make than a shirt? 5 rectangular pieces of fabric and 8 straight stitches. 6.2 m nets can give employment to 62,000 Pakistanis if each sews 100 in 2 weeks.

Dhor fita mo on this nation that you have to import mosquito nets, the most basic of production output you couldn’t do.
dude we make it, they are probably doing it for kickbacks or we need it asap and Indians have it in surplus while we have to make as we are running low

Last edited:
Yeh kia mulk hai? Import everything, abb india say tati bhi import karlo...

Why can't Pakistan make these themselves? It's just a net :lol: Is there anything you can do yourself ffs?

Dhor fita mo on this nation that you have to import mosquito nets, the most basic of production output you couldn’t do. A country of 220 million producing worthless children and leaders with no qualities.

I don't even know where to begin. This country disappoints me every day I wake up.

We would have been better off remaining a British colony; independence and lives lost due to migration were absolute mistakes.

This whole country was a f*king mistake.
It’ll come to dawn - like many now you will learn to embrace the other flag and realize that the Chand Sitara was a cause lost in 48.

But, you and I have the luxury to do so without consequences. Those that remain have to suffer and keep maintaining their delusions with ever newer theories and quasi-religious smoke and mirror shows to keep themselves from embracing reality.

Mosquito nets aren’t the problem, no one makes the amount needed instantly(especially since Fauji Foundation or Ittefaq industries didn’t see profit in it) due to the floods and its devastation- its the amount that will be lost to corruption in getting them.

But why does a textile exporting country waste precious dollars importing mosquito nets? Isn't a net easier to make than a shirt? 5 rectangular pieces of fabric and 8 straight stitches. 6.2 m nets can give employment to 62,000 Pakistanis if each sews 100 in 2 weeks.
You need high yielding machines, labour mobilization, factory of scale, raw material, energy supply (Petrol/Diesel/Gas), Uninterrupted electricity supply, Money to supply this quantity within a month.

Last I heard, there is a 14 hours regular power cuts even for domestic use, forget about industrial use, LPG tender cancelled because no company bit for it, crude oil companies are taking payment first then oil, labour unqualified to deliver within short period, outdated low yielding machines, no giga factory only small scale manufacturers. Most of all, these are either donations or Aid money where donor will tender international competitive bidding.

You need high yielding machines, labour mobilization, factory of scale, raw material, energy supply (Petrol/Diesel/Gas), Uninterrupted electricity supply, Money to supply this quantity within a month.

Last I heard, there is a 14 hours regular power cuts even for domestic use, forget about industrial use, LPG tender cancelled because no company bit for it, crude oil companies are taking payment first then oil, labour unqualified to deliver within short period, outdated low yielding machines, no giga factory only small scale manufacturers. Most of all, these are either donations or Aid money where donor will tender international competitive bidding.
Hey, come on. A person with a foot pedal sewing machine and a pair of scissors can cut 5 pieces from a bolt of fabric and stitch it in a hut or even a tent. People have been making nets for hundreds of years*. If not mosquito nets, at least fishing nets. No need for MBA trained managers to do a project report. This isn't silicon chip business.

History of Malaria Control

Last edited:
Mosquito nets aren’t the problem, no one makes the amount needed instantly due to the floods and its devastation
This is exactly what I was going to type. People here wallow without considering the practicality behind the request. Even the US imported a lot of basic necessity goods (and even aid) after devastating floods. Does it mean US is not capable of taking care of itself? :disagree:

This is exactly what I was going to type. People here wallow without considering the practicality behind the request. Even the US imported a lot of basic necessity goods (and even aid) after devastating floods. Does it mean US is not capable of taking care of itself? :disagree:
Comparison to US is not correct. In U.S., a lot of imports are to reduce cost. All the stuff that you see in Wal-Mart will cost many times more if done in U.S. That is not the case for Pakistan. They can save foreign currency (of which they have a crisis now) and give employment to a lot of ordinary people with a sewing machine by giving 100 meters of cloth each and telling them every net you bring we will give 1,000 rupees or whatever. When they bring the nets, you give them another bolt of fabric. Think of it as a welfare project, to give them assistance and dignity of work at the same time.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom