What's new

Pakistan to pass law against honor killings in weeks: PM's daughter

According to Islam, may the killing of any family member by another family member, including the killing of mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, be forgiven by other family members, thereby avoiding state prosecution of the killer? Does the forgiveness have to be by the leading family member, i.e., the father? May a publicly gay son be killed because his overt "gayness" dishonors the family?

Technically you posed a very good question. If it is indeed in Islam as you've claimed, then any law against it is Blasphemy, and all lawmakers who agree are subject to hanging.

She wants publicity.
Maybe some bodyguard can take of her and make you happy

May a publicly gay son be killed because his overt "gayness" dishonors the family?

Gays are respected in Pakistan, never heard of any gay killed over honour.
That is because in Pakistan people don't come out to their friends and families. But if you think that gay people have never been murdered for being gay then you are wrong.

Lahore’s serial killer ‘wanted to teach gays a lesson’

http://tribune.com.pk/story/701322/lahores-serial-killer-wanted-to-teach-gays-a-lesson/

There was this man called Javed or something he killed more than 100 boys....You do realize that 100 is a huge number? but we don't see the likes of you both or others advocating their RIGHTS? The ills of the society get to all, media biasness is only to support an agenda it doesn't mean it reflects reality. Malala got fake shot in head and every one goes "awwwwww" This brave boy, Aitzaz Hassan scarified his life to save his entire school and people don't even know about him.

Technically you posed a very good question. If it is indeed in Islam as you've claimed, then any law against it is Blasphemy, and all lawmakers who agree are subject to hanging.
I didn't "claim" anything, I am asking a question about Islam and whether it allows a family to forgive a killer of a family member, thereby obviating State punishment of the killer. I don't know Islamic jurisprudence well enough to know the answer.

ab govt ka lia yahi aik kaam rah gaya ,,,,,,baqi pher sahi...

She wants publicity.
Watch out...she is your next PM ....lolzzz.....aaj Prime Minister Mariam Nawaz na GHQ ka 3 roza dora kiaa....

I didn't "claim" anything, I am asking a question about Islam and whether it allows a family to forgive a killer of a family member, thereby obviating State punishment of the killer. I don't know Islamic jurisprudence well enough to know the answer.
Rare example, but it happened

I first heard it is permitted in Islam back when our CIA agent killed some fellas in Pakistan and we paid the family off as restitution. Back then I read- in Islam a victim's family could choose to forgive the offender, and the law in Pakistan would not prosecute. Maybe some Pakistanis can shed some light.

I honestly think it a powerful action and admire it as long as a poor person is not taken for a ride. The act of forgiveness, I think when pure is spiritual. There is some really cool stuff in Islam I admire and I'm not particularly religious.

Last edited:
Whenever man knockdown a women, there is honor involve.

Maybe some bodyguard can take of her and make you happy

I didn't get you dear

Yes they can thats how Ramon Davis escaped justic

We don't need a new law, we already have capital punishment for murder, just implement that.

According to Islam, may the killing of any family member by another family member, including the killing of mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, be forgiven by other family members, thereby avoiding state prosecution of the killer? Does the forgiveness have to be by the leading family member, i.e., the father? May a publicly gay son be killed because his overt "gayness" dishonors the family?
Not in honor killing, the penal code 311 prohibits pardoning by the family members and state takes over as a party to the incident rather than the victim's family.

In which capacity is she talking about passing this law? The title says it all PM's Daughter
It is not the laws that we need it's their implementation that is important and we all know how justice system works in Pakistan, corrupt and pathetic to its core.

Useless move to appease the WEST and NGOs.

Lets see what the future brings before write senseless comments ! The West and East bla bla bla always the same crap so it was the west which did wrote our law ? Is it the failure of the west that we needed 60 years to bring this new law ! The world more complex than a west and Pakistan.

Good step by Maryam Nawaz better than nothing !

I am not a fan or a supporter of the Nawaz Party, but if progress is done, we should be happy about it.

Islamically, there are two scenarios. Whether the killing done is intentional or unintentional. If it happened unintentional or by accident the family of the killed has the choice between complete forgiveness or been compensated. If someone is killed with the intention, the family of the deceased has the option to forgive completely or take rightful compensation (calculated according to injury caused) or ask for Qisas (Equal Punishment) for the killer. The choice depends on the family or can be endorsed by their representative for eg. A lawyer.

If a person kills while defending one's self/wealth/family then one doesn't have to pay compensation or qisas.

Secondly homosexuality in islam is a major sin. The punishment in Islam is to kill both involved in the act except if it is done to a person by force, mentally ill or a minor who hasn't reached puberty. The person doing it should be killed and there is difference of opinions as to how to be killed.

Most importantly, Islamic punishments can only be carried out by the state. A loss of life is considered a personal loss in islam and the decision remains with the family of the deceased. If they choose to carry out the Qisas then it is to be done by the state. The state is the one to implement the laws and carry out the punishment. No individual has the right to carry out a punishment in Islam except the government. If the father has any issue with his gay son he can report him to the judge with proof/investigations and he will be the one to prosecute him and the state will be the one to implement the punishment.

Ibn Muflih al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Furoo’ (6/53): It is haraam for anyone to carry out a hadd punishment except the ruler or his deputy. This is something on which the fuqaha’ of Islam are unanimously agreed.

The punishment for an individual who does implement the punishment without proper procedures is not stated and can be decided according to the need of the time. From jail time to been executed.

If any government do not implement islamic laws or do not rule according to them even being in place even then no individual has the right to be the judge and executioner. Rather leave the matter between God and the ruler of that time. This is something none other than the judge or ruler will be accountable for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom