What's new

'Pakistan to issue tenders for electricity import from India'

Pakistan media is biggest illusion.

They will instead report about you and you shall know the rest.

I disagree here.

Pakistanis know much more horrible stories abut the activities of ministers,, but surprisingly nothing made it to media only unfortunate politicians got caught on tape.

Minister can do something to poors but i don't think they can do something if whole team of inverters talk against them, also they can discuss they matter with some military personnal also. If there is some support ministers can't do $h1t.

Lack of affordable fuel has forced many power producers in Pakistan to operate at a fraction of their installed capacity since 2008. It has led to widespread load-shedding in the country, seriously hurting its economy. Similar situation now appears to be developing in India as well with soaring coal prices, although it's not quite as serious as Pakistan's current crisis yet. Current costs of various fuel options vary from $4 per mmBTU for coal to $20 per mmBTU for oil. Recently, the US prices of natural gas have dropped dramatically from $12 per mmBTU a few years ago to less than $2 per mmBTU, about half the price of coal, with the shale gas revolution currently sweeping the United States.

India burns coal to produce 55 percent of its electricity needs. Domestic coal production has increased just 1 percent last year while 11 percent additional power generation capacity has been installed. Some power producers have been importing coal, but that option has become more untenable recently because India’s biggest supplier, Indonesia, has doubled coal prices, according to a report in New York Times. The gap between demand and supply in India has increased to 10.2 percent last month, from 7.7 percent a year earlier. In some states like Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, power cuts have become so common that many factories report getting more electricity from diesel generators than they do from the power grid, at much higher cost. Retail rates for electricity are lower than the cost of producing and delivering it and the difference is made up by Indian state government subsidies running into hundreds of billions of rupees annually.

Haq's Musings: Affordable Fuel Shortage Hurts Power Sector in South Asia

Not true...In Bangalore max 15 min. power cut a day or no cut ....Chennai is Metro City...will be better than Bangalore...

I live in Hyderabad we have 10-15 min each powercut twice a day in this peak summer but sometimes powercut reaches 50-60min in 24 hours.

World Bank don't give money blindly to anyone but before that they scrutinize the project cost and return and give loans only if they see funding is viable and they will get back their money in time.

Tharcoal gasification is just a research project with chances of failure and World Bank won't provide loan for such projects.

How much more feasibility confirmation WB needs when India / Iran are going to profit by selling electricity to Pakistan!

WB is part and parcel of keeping energy sector in govt. control. It guarantees huge profits!

Why does the government think, so backwards.. instead of importing it.. it should spend the money making it locally.

Why have I never heard this come from a Pakistani mouth when it is concerning China?

But when it comes to India, Pakistan most stop all import.

Stupid mentality and obsessive about India again!

China is friendly country & not a hostile one but still i oppose electricity import from China too, it is not in interest of any nation to import electricity & gas from foriegn countries until there is no option left. The issue with Pakistan is that ghaddari want some $$$$ & he get comission & black money if he do agreements for import of electricity/gas or rental powers etc. If it was Mush he would've invest in that sector instead of making Pakistan depandant on others.

How much more feasibility confirmation WB needs when India / Iran are going to profit by selling electricity to Pakistan!

WB is part and parcel of keeping energy sector in govt. control. It guarantees huge profits!

They are funding a Dam Project in KPK because Dam Project is not a research project like Tharcoal where anyone don't know when would the research be successful.

Lack of affordable fuel has forced many power producers in Pakistan to operate at a fraction of their installed capacity since 2008. It has led to widespread load-shedding in the country, seriously hurting its economy. Similar situation now appears to be developing in India as well with soaring coal prices, although it's not quite as serious as Pakistan's current crisis yet. Current costs of various fuel options vary from $4 per mmBTU for coal to $20 per mmBTU for oil. Recently, the US prices of natural gas have dropped dramatically from $12 per mmBTU a few years ago to less than $2 per mmBTU, about half the price of coal, with the shale gas revolution currently sweeping the United States.

India burns coal to produce 55 percent of its electricity needs. Domestic coal production has increased just 1 percent last year while 11 percent additional power generation capacity has been installed. Some power producers have been importing coal, but that option has become more untenable recently because India’s biggest supplier, Indonesia, has doubled coal prices, according to a report in New York Times. The gap between demand and supply in India has increased to 10.2 percent last month, from 7.7 percent a year earlier. In some states like Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, power cuts have become so common that many factories report getting more electricity from diesel generators than they do from the power grid, at much higher cost. Retail rates for electricity are lower than the cost of producing and delivering it and the difference is made up by Indian state government subsidies running into hundreds of billions of rupees annually.

Haq's Musings: Affordable Fuel Shortage Hurts Power Sector in South Asia

Actually govt. is discouraging private energy sector at all level and controlling fuel of private power plants is part of strategy.

Mr. Riaz Haq you may have contacts in media and you shall know how evil is our media.. when they only air non issues.

IMO, there shall be only one topic on media.. i.e. uncovering the truth behind power shortage and its consequences.

Is it not funny govt. is willing to buy even more expensive energy from India while its own power plants are closed due to state policies, while private investment in alternate energy is banned (un-officially)!

Is it more important to fund Railway, PIA and Steel Mill, while same money can be used to fund thar coal project or other alternate energy projects?

I hold media more accountable than politicians for hiding truth behind non-issues.

man i think india should find another way to generate revenues for electricity board than exporting it to pakistan.

btw he also says that once a month their is no power for almost whole day....

I lived in Chennai for 6 years! Unless the transformer in my area burns down... There will not be power out for the whole day!

Karunanithi during his last term was busy with 2G scam and becoming 2 richest family in Asia! He did not have time to plan for power plants!

TN does not form sizable area or population of India! Don't worry our Amma will get all 2000 MW to TN itself and Powercut will be one of the thing of past!

I lived in Chennai for 6 years! Unless the transformer in my area burns down... There will not be power out for the whole day!

Karunanithi during his last term was busy with 2G scam and becoming 2 richest family in Asia! He did not have time to plan for power plants!

TN does not form sizable area or population of India! Don't worry our Amma will get all 2000 MW to TN itself and Powercut will be one of the thing of past!

But even tat ***** is doing nothing...She promised she will resolve all power cuts in three months of time ...if she is elected,but it was a reverse,1hour power cut was increased to two hours n electricity prices r hiked..

But even tat ***** is doing nothing...She promised she will resolve all power cuts in three months of time ...if she is elected,but it was a reverse,1hour power cut was increased to two hours n electricity prices r hiked..

Indians Fate!

I disagree here.

Minister can do something to poors but i don't think they can do something if whole team of inverters talk against them, also they can discuss they matter with some military personnal also. If there is some support ministers can't do $h1t.

You should have your confirmation, when another member (few posts above - Post # 32) shared his experience and openly told about the dead end. i.e. (problem with current government is they ask "can you find another business than electricity")

Back
Top Bottom