What's new

Pakistan to import sugar, cotton from India: Hammad Azhar

Sugar trumps Kashmir cause. Hehehehe.
Chai specifically. The same way if India or Pakistan want to defeat the other they just need to devastate each other’s supply of chai.

Chai specifically. The same way if India or Pakistan want to defeat the other they just need to devastate each other’s supply of chai.

Think positively. The best way to encourage long term peace is to ensure lots of economic cooperation. After all, if China can be the largest trading partner of USA, and one of the largest for India, Pakistan can learn the same strategies to its own advantage.

Think positively. The best way to encourage long term peace is to ensure lots of economic cooperation. After all, if China can be the largest trading partner of USA, and one of the largest for India, Pakistan can learn the same strategies to its own advantage.
No disagreement there.

Not ideal. If it were up to me, I'd build a permanent wall between our countries and refuse all but essential trade for humanitarian items. Nevertheless, mortal enemies can trade with each other. Trade remains exclusive of national territorial policy. Moreover, trade itself can become weaponised. Just look at China. Enemies politically have always maintained trade in years past - USA and USSR, USA and Iran. Absolute elimination of trade is exceptionally rare except in hot wars.
best way to encourage long term peace is to ensure lots of economic cooperation
Who has at any point stated long term peace will be achieved or desired without resolution of the Kashmir conflict and reversal of Indian unilateral actions therein? Trade is trade, and is not related to the territorial dispute other than being a carrot/stick for one party punitively influencing the other.

Pakistan and India will only see genuine peace once the effects of hindutva extremism in JnK have been rolled back and the inalienable rights of Kashmiris to self determination attained.

Last edited:
Trade back again, I’ll say it here expect diplomatic contacts to be established to full strength.
quite unfortunate, right?
No disagreement there.
Neither Indian nor Pakistanis are that good of businessmen. Politicians will shudder to give such political leverages to each other.

Hammad Azhar had taken a good decision and its unfortunate that IK decided to reverse it. Trade should be normalized between both countries. Once both countries know that their business is at stake, they'll think twice before starting any conflict along the border or in Kashmir. I also think Pakistan is acting a bit stubborn with regards to Kashmir. Sure, keep on raising the issue but it doesn't have to be a condition for normalizing trade ties.

from exporter of cotton to importer of cotton, good going Naya Pakistan .... :enjoy:
and this is just the start, if the govt. doesn't get it's act together, there's going to be severe decline in cotton production in coming years.

Importing staple food items in consecutive years do not paint a good picture of food security. May be building hundreds of housing societies on arable land is not such a bright idea.

Back
Top Bottom