What's new

Pakistan to import Chinese Cansino vaccine in bulk to package 3m doses locally: Asad Umar

Dil_Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Link: https://www.dawn.com/news/1615482/p...in-bulk-to-package-3m-doses-locally-asad-umar

Pakistan to import Chinese Cansino vaccine in bulk to package 3m doses locally: Asad Umar

Pakistan will import Chinese Cansino Biologics Covid-19 vaccines in bulk to package three million doses locally, Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar said on Tuesday.

"We will be getting the bulk vaccine by mid-April from Cansino, from which 3 million doses can be made," Umar said on Twitter.

"The bulk vaccine received will be formulated, sterilised and packed in Pakistan. For this purpose special equipment has been procured and manpower is being trained," he said.

Meanwhile, the first batch of 60,000 doses of the vaccine is arriving today, he said.

Cansino's vaccine is one of the four approved by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (Drap), the other three being China's Sinopharm, Russia's Sputnik-V and the Oxford University-AstraZeneca vaccine.

The company had last month released the interim efficacy results of a multi-country trial, which included Pakistan, showing 65.7 per cent efficacy in preventing symptomatic coronavirus cases and a 90.98pc success rate in stopping severe infections.

In the Pakistani subset, the efficacy of the vaccine at preventing symptomatic cases was 74.8pc and 100pc at preventing severe disease.

Pakistan also expects to receive one million doses of Sinopharm vaccine in a couple of days.

----------------------------------------------

Do they know that our population is around 220 million?
It is most likely going to be rolled out in phases...
...those at risk the most will be vaccinated first...like doctors and nurses, immunocompromised and the elderly...etc.

Technically u don't even have to vaccinate every single person..if u can vaccinate a large group strategically to stop the spread of Covid-19.

...those at risk the most will be vaccinated first...like doctors and nurses, immunocompromised and the elderly...etc.

Technically u don't even have to vaccinate every single person..if u can vaccinate a large group strategically to stop the spread of Covid-19.
We need at least 200 million doses to vaccinate 100 million. How much we are getting in charity or buying ourselves? Stop kissing a**
Do you know this won't be the last order
Just shows their seriousness

Is this a stop gap arrangement due to delay in Covax doses owing to export ban by India?

When retards can't argue on a subject with proper logic bcuz they don't understand it...they resort to such language.
When simps don't have anything to say, they try to act sarcastic. 60% of 220 million is 132 million people and most vaccines nowadays have double dose regimen. So for herd immunity or similar we'll need 264 million doses of vaccines. We are nowhere near. Meanwhile thugs have allowed the private sector buddies to import and then extort. Selling a 12 dollar vaccine dose for 80.

When simps don't have anything to say, they try to act sarcastic. 60% of 220 million is 132 million people and most vaccines nowadays have double dose regimen. So for herd immunity or similar we'll need 264 million doses of vaccines. We are nowhere near. Meanwhile thugs have allowed the private sector buddies to import and then extort. Selling a 12 dollar vaccine dose for 80.
Oh look...another example of ur WhatsApp acquired "knowledge"...where exactly did u get this 60% figure for herd immunity for COVID19. The number of ppl that need to be vaccinated in order to acquire herd immunity varies for each disease. For COVID19...no figure like this has been established yet...at least not according to WHO nor CDC. This is still under study by both of these.

As for ur wishlist...are u paying for it? Is Pakistan making these vaccines? Or is Pakistan having to purchase these from foreign countries while broke?
Neither u r paying for these nor is Pakistan making these vaccines...Pakistan has to pay up like the rest of the countries...and therefore Pakistan will have no choice but to roll it out in stages...
...as already mentioned...first it will be the doctors, nurses, and other frontline workers...then the elderly and others at high risk...and so on...until at some point...the spread would come to a halt.

All u r doing is showing that u have no manners nor a brain and are finding reasons to score political points.

Oh look...another example of ur WhatsApp acquired "knowledge"...where exactly did u get this 60% figure for herd immunity for COVID19. The number of ppl that need to be vaccinated in order to acquire herd immunity varies for each disease. For COVID19...no figure like this has been established yet...at least not according to WHO nor CDC. This is still under study by both of these.

As for ur wishlist...are u paying for it? Is Pakistan making these vaccines? Or is Pakistan having to purchase these from foreign countries while broke?
Neither u r paying for these nor is Pakistan making these vaccines...Pakistan has to pay up like the rest of the countries...and therefore Pakistan will have no choice but to roll it out in stages...
...as already mentioned...first it will be the doctors, nurses, and other frontline workers...then the elderly and others at high risk...and so on...until at some point...the spread would come to a halt.

All u r doing is showing that u have no manners nor a brain and are finding reasons to score political points.
Roughly 60 to 70 percent is the number for herd immunity and I was just giving an example. You can just google it for the exact number. The point is about seriousness or willingness. Did they try anything? If private sector can buy vaccines, it means vaccines are available. I don't understand what is that your pea size tabdeeli brain can't understand. They aren't serious. Especially not competent. Wasted my votes and energy on them. Khaki boys also not interested as they are getting their vaccine separately. VVIPs are stealing vaccines and posting on instagram about getting their family vaccinated. I just don't understand how can you defend them. Anything these guys touch,turns to shite

Roughly 60 to 70 percent is the number for herd immunity and I was just giving an example. You can just google it for the exact number. The point is about seriousness or willingness. Did they try anything? If private sector can buy vaccines, it means vaccines are available. I don't understand what is that your pea size tabdeeli brain can't understand. They aren't serious. Especially not competent. Wasted my votes and energy on them. Khaki boys also not interested as they are getting their vaccine separately. VVIPs are stealing vaccines and posting on instagram about getting their family vaccinated. I just don't understand how can you defend them. Anything these guys touch,turns to shite
Listen up moron...I'm not defending anyone...I'm not one of those who blindly defend a party no matter what. It was u who started charging in without thinking. Then when u got called out on ur BS made up numbers...now u r saying "oh just Google it" bcuz ur argument was nothing but hot air to begin with. Like I said in one of my previous posts...when retards don't understand something...they resort to abuses...and now with ur above post...it has come full circle.

I was just telling u that bcuz Pakistan isn't making these vaccines itself and has to purchase them...it will be rolled out in phases. Even here in US...a country which has 3 vaccines so far...that it is producing itself...the vaccination drive was rolled out in phases with frontline workers being the first to get it. This is how it is going in most countries with the exception of a couple of rich countries with tiny populations like Israel and UAE.

U assumed that I'm defending some party or the government and started resorting to abusive language and TBH it's expected from the likes of u. U and ur types now complain of the ills the country is suffering from...after electing corrupt to the core leaders for decades. With more than 50 years of looting, tax evasion, and corruption seeping into every corner from top to bottom...what else did u expect? U think 3-4 years of "tabdeeli" can fix this mess that has happened over decades? U can replace the whole PTI with angels from heaven...and even then it will take a long time for things to improve. Don't bother replying...welcome to my ignore list...u r gonna be the third person there.

The nonsense in his thread is giving me a headache.
1. This is just the first batch. The next batches will be made here including in bulk. At NIH. Our deal with Cansino requires a full transfer of technology.
2. Another vaccine company, is setting up manufacturing in Pakistan. June or July we should start seeing this coming online
3. Plus we have our own vaccine which should be available probably in the last quarter of the year.
4. All thats presuming Astra Zeneca vaccince does not come.

There is no policy to vaccinate the immunocompromised or those with a history of medical illnesses. I checked. My mom is under 50 and she isnt being accommodated by the hospitals. I was just waiting for the commercial sales to start because the government vaccine rollout is one of the slowest globally. At under 15000 jabs/week, we will take decades to vaccinate our population.

There is no policy to vaccinate the immunocompromised or those with a history of medical illnesses. I checked. My mom is under 50 and she isnt being accommodated by the hospitals. I was just waiting for the commercial sales to start because the government vaccine rollout is one of the slowest globally. At under 15000 jabs/week, we will take decades to vaccinate our population.
I'm sorry to hear that brother...if the roll out is super slow even for the ppl with high risk...then this is something where ppl need to voice their concerns and put pressure on the government.

Back
Top Bottom