What's new

Pakistan to get its own version of the IPL

somnath

Reaction score
Country
India
Looking at the success of T20 leagues across the world, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have announced their intention of hosting a league on similar lines early next year. The Super T20 League, as it will be called, is planned to held in January 2015.

Since the PCB plan to rope in foreign players and considering no team has toured Pakistan since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in 2009, the tournament will be held in UAE where the Pakistan national team play their home matches at these days.

PCB Chairman Najam Sethi is hopeful that the final could be played in Pakistan, if foreign players have no problems. He said: ”We are also thinking on lines of having the final in Lahore if the overseas players agree.”

Sethi also said that Sri Lanka have agreed to play a full Test series against Pakistan in July-August later this year.
Pakistan to get its own version of the IPL | Sportskeeda

Billionaires like Mian Mansha, Malik Riaz, Hashwanis and Shahid Khan should be asked to become involved.

Our grounds need massive renovation, that's for sure, otherwise it ain't shit... this report or whatever.

What happened to the Pakistan Super League?

As far as i know few foriegn players including Gibbs has decided to join the league.

Under Ultra Security it should be started in Pakistan.

As far as i know few foriegn players including Gibbs has decided to join the league.

Fortified league?

Why only final in Pakistan? We can have all matches in Pakistan with ease.

So, like all current 'home' matches, this league too won't be played in Pakistan? How ridiculous!

What happened to the previous T20 league? It used to be pretty OK . Remember a few teams like Karachi Dolphins, Sialkot Stallions etc.

Now it's Super T20 League:enjoy:

Why only final in Pakistan? We can have all matches in Pakistan with ease.
That depends on foreign players interest.

I protest bring the cricket back to pakistan. Nahe to dharna hoga.

How seriously can you believe this news??

Pakistan has not had any major tournaments of any kind in a decade.

Back
Top Bottom