What's new

Pakistan to explore gas in Sri Lanka

Why Pakistan is interested in Sri lankan Oil & Gas exploration when we have not done it in our country to satisfactory level and we are allowing to foreign companies to do that.

Why Pakistan is interested in Sri lankan Oil & Gas exploration when we have not done it in our country to satisfactory level and we are allowing to foreign companies to do that.

Might be a more diplomatic exercise :)

This is a good thing, Sri Lanka by far is the best country in the sub continent. In every indicator.

I don't care whether a Pakistani Firm gets this or not for that is not the most important thing; what is most important, however, is Sri Lanka & how the discovery of oil & gas reserves would enable this Island Paradise to improve upon her already envious social & economic development indicators !

Good Luck & May God Bless you ! :)

@Skyline @HeinzG @Gibbs @Saradiel @Azizam

There is not much hydrocarbon potential in SL.

I don't care whether a Pakistani Firm gets this or not for that is not the most important thing; what is most important, however, is Sri Lanka & how the discovery of oil & gas reserves would enable this Island Paradise to improve upon her already envious social & economic development indicators !

Good Luck & May God Bless you ! :)

@Skyline @HeinzG @Gibbs @Saradiel @Azizam

I would much prefer if the contract goes to a Chinese firm because if Pakistan would have to use it, India will have some upper hand over if there is some crisis between both countries.

because there is more money to make by allowing foreign E & P - trust me i know this very well.
but that doesn't mean Mari Gas & OGDCL are sitting with bare hands, POL khor is a whole different level game.

well, we have already given some blocks to China & India.
13 more blocks to go...

I would much prefer if the contract goes to a Chinese firm because if Pakistan would have to use it, India will have some upper hand over if there is some crisis between both countries.

Whatever is best for Sri Lanka is best for us ! :)

Because a stronger Sri Lanka means a more enriching bilateral relationship between our two countries where we can learn so much from each other & share so much with each other for mutual benefit !

Sri Lanka would be totally nuts if they just offer the blocks to Pakistanis. Instead they should auction them so that the best can grab them.

when Pak Iran pipeline is not available for Pakistani contractors. than you didn't speak!

Why not and in Pakistan nothing can be done without bribe.

@BATMAN buddy if its for gaining influence then its good, but our own energy crisis demand that we dig out and get our resources online.

because there is more money to make by allowing foreign E & P - trust me i know this very well.
but that doesn't mean Mari Gas & OGDCL are sitting with bare hands, POL khor is a whole different level game.

But there were news that we lack the tech and China is willing to help so we can use their help in mining filed or even Russia want to have mining rights in Pakistan, also gazprom was interested in oil and gas exploration in the country why not it can be done jointly if we lack in tech some where?

Back
Top Bottom