What's new

Pakistan To Deploy Fiber Optic Cable to Connect with China

seriously i am forced to think by this deal that something quite fishy is being cooked between two countries. Which is so confidential.

Anyway the amount of project.. 3.7 Billion PKR is quite over the top. i have been working on a FOC related project.. single mode FOC, 24/ 48 core from any vendor is available at $1.00 per meter. providing other hardware like Junction boxes, patch panles, splicing labour cost, building master control rooms, local control rooms and labour etc, the amount cannot be 3.7 Billion PKR.

huh...:coffee: Another room for our corrupt politicians and moron babus of bureaucracy..

Its not the cable which is most costly item in any project of cable laying. The major expense is of digging, and imagine how difficult is digging in that mountainous and hostile piece of earth with respect to weather. Once you laid a FOC you need to energize it as well so very expensive terminal equipment and regenerators at intervals will also be required . The link would not be between Islamabad and Beijing only, cities along route will also be benefited so more terminal equipment will be required. When such route is laid along the roads in areas like this, it is always dug on the mountain side and no matter how well it is backfill, it poses a continuous threat of wiping off the road so organization maintaining KKH will demand a very high rate for right of way. Do remember in this area you cannot work round the year( max 8-9 months) but labour and engineers need to be paid and fed round the year .

Finally do tell me the vendors in Pakistan who provides 48 core single mode @ 1 $/m I would love to buy it in bulk.

Finally do tell me the vendors in Pakistan who provides 48 core single mode @ 1 $/m I would love to buy it in bulk.

I dont know about Pakistan (i little search can help) but M/S Oman Fibre and Draka can certainly provide FOC at this rate. When you say bulk .. essentially how much are you talking about? here minimum 900 Km is being discussed! (820 Km total length, giving an allowance for bends etc)...

I dont know about Pakistan (i little search can help) but M/S Oman Fibre and Draka can certainly provide FOC at this rate. When you say bulk .. essentially how much are you talking about? here minimum 900 Km is being discussed! (820 Km total length, giving an allowance for bends etc)...

Here in Pakistan, at this rate you can buy G-652D single mode direct buried 12 fiber cable but still I am amazed about the rate of 48 fiber cable you are referring to.

Awesome development, but long overdue.
India is already going for terrestrial OFC link with China

SEA ME WE 3&4 are owned by Indians and cant be relied upon 100%.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Hope it will not be censored by great firewall of china!
Why do i have a feeling that this fiber optic cable in disguise of internet service will have dedicated blank fibers to be used for military and strategic purpose in future. Like communication channel with secret PLA base in GB and AJK>?? Or a dedicated network to exchange sensitive information bypassing the "western internet" completely.

can anyone confirm the following about this project:

1. the network would be self healing i.e. redundant fiber paths?
2. it would be a buried or aerial fiber?
Thanks

LOL!

This cable is going to pose a serious challenge to RAW... Really, now could they like to hack into it? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom