What's new

Pakistan Super League (PSL) Second Edition-News, Updates and Discussions

Which team will win this edition of PSL?

• Qalanders

• Kings

• Zalmi

• Galadiators

• United

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skyliner

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Confirm: Lahore all set to host PSL 2 final
By Web Desk -

October 19, 2016

DUBAI: Second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held in UAE next year in February, however, the final (PSL 2 final) of the premier league will be held in Lahore.

“Everything has been given a green light and Lahore is ready to host the PSL final,” confirmed PSL chairman Najam Sethi.

Sethi also said that players would get special financial incentives to play in Pakistan and that the possibility of having games in Pakistan was also mentioned in their contracts.

Teams have refused to travel to and play in Pakistan since 2009, after the Sri Lanka team’s convoy was attacked by terrorists injuring six players and killing two civilians.

Pakistan have made the UAE their home ever since and the inaugural edition of the PSL too was held across the emirates.

Speaking at the launch of a book to celebrate Islamabad United’s victory in the inaugural edition of the tournament, Sethi also revealed that the PSL would become a private company in one month’s time and he would be stepping down from his post as chairman.

“We want that it should be an independent entity and though it was supposed to be a part of the domestic cricket structure it turned out to be much more than that,” he said.

“It [PSL] will have a majority of people from outside [the PCB] and there will be a non-executive director. The man or woman will be of impeccable credentials and capabilities.

“At every stage the idea was to professionalise the PSL.”

Sethi, a former chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, stressed on the fact that he did not want instabilities within the PCB to affect the functioning and future of the PSL.

“The Board of the PCB keeps changing every three years, we wanted continuity. After all the franchisees are here for 10 years,” he added.
https://www.thenewstribe.com/2016/10/19/confirm-lahore-set-host-psl-2-final/
https://www.google.com.pk/amp/www.c...ge-fly-in-fly-out-final-in-lahore-537422/amp/

Pakistan Super League 2016 Player Draft

7d684ae93d.jpg

2hyxixt.jpg

Final of PSL 2017 will be held in Lahore .

What do you guys think ?

Afridi also stepped down as Zalmi's captain , Sammy will be the new captain

Both last season Finalists Islamabad and Quetta have cr@p teams and didn't pick new players.

Zalmi looks good , who knows they were finalist with that team and repeat it again

It is a poor approach if they think they can make it to finals with same players. Zalmi is definitely very strong on paper. In fact the strongest among all. Karachi is 2nd to them in terms of strength in my opinion.

I agree in my view 1st is Zalmi then karachi after that i cant really decide

It is a poor approach if they think they can make it to finals with same players. Zalmi is definitely very strong on paper. In fact the strongest among all. Karachi is 2nd to them in terms of strength in my opinion.

I agree in my view 1st is Zalmi then karachi after that i cant really decide

Lahore would be on 3rd. With Mccullam and Devcich they have made good additions. Falhar Zaman is also a very good batsman from what I have heard.

Back
Top Bottom