What's new

Pakistan successfully tests indigenous drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile

Not exactly the best design to pick up for a loitering drone. The platforms looks a bit flimsy, a better idea would have been to adapt this SATUMA had a larger UAV flying back in 2006 with two engines and
I don't know about that. The drone looks like it's meant to be quick and agile, it certainly doesn't look like it's meant to loiter. Having said that, it's based on the Shahpar design, and the Shahpar supposedly has quite a bit of experience already, so the design should be fine for loitering, if required.

Either way, this was a much needed capability, though I doubt we'll see the Burraq in combat anytime soon, even if these drones do become operational. There is still major opposition in Pakistan regarding drones in general.

I also have to question the timing of this announcement. It seems like a political move, as the war seems to be intensifying, with negotiations in Afghanistan picking up steam, and the US withdrawal slowing down but still moving along. The army seems to be sending some sort of message, though I can't be 100% sure what it is. The timing just strikes me as odd, considering recent events.

Its always entertaining to see indians reaction when ecer pakistan tests new defence products.

Same attitude from indians when we tested the ghauri first time. When v tested the nuclear devices. Same were indian reaction when v tested the cruise missile and tactical missile.

Grow up indians. If u can

1_5_1_FALCO-1024x739.jpg

Its always entertaining to see indians reaction when ecer pakistan tests new defence products.

Same attitude from indians when we tested the ghauri first time. When v tested the nuclear devices. Same were indian reaction when v tested the cruise missile and tactical missile.

Grow up indians. If u can
We Indian's get joy to see our little neighbours get happy some times

PS: IT'S nothing pathbreaking advancement india already in possession of much sophisticated Drones from Israel
And even planning for buying more sophisticated drones from Americans.
So both are hands are filled

I repeat. Indian jealous response is always entertaining for us.
One can easily see more Indians than pakistani on this forum aswell reflecting indin concerns
On What point India get jealous With pakistan neither it's economically and militarically superior to Us. Point out a single parameter were india cannot match pakistan but I can Count hunreds of fields were you in no match against Us.pity

PS: do checkout who make forums more entertaining:D:D:Dindians

Well i don't why too much noise of it not being Indigenous. We needed this capability... we have it... ToT or whatever...It is very crucial in war against terrorism

Typical jealous reply from a typical jealous indian. Plz grow up dude.plz.
Well I will watch you in the forum ahead in many threads and see what is your actual technical contribution in particular topic to this forum.your Newbie here and you're telling me about Rules here :cool::cool:

By contrast Pakistan simply needs that capability, whether it gets by spending 3 billion and does the same research.. or spends 30 million to buy if off someone is irrelevant.

What is relevant that here is a loitering UCAV capability that just went through an important test phase.

Hi,

And that is nothing but the truth---.

I think its more similar to Arrow -7 or 9 from norinco

this missile is about 3 quarter the size of our drone. this missile is for the heavy drone class something like the Chinese version of Global Hawk so you can rule it out.

This is a great news. I would like to put some thought to it

1. Haters gonna hate as usual, so no need to answer the trolls here.
2. This capability will come in handy during ongoing ZeA. It will be a huge boost to counter Indian sponsored insurgency in Balochistan. Now no more safe heavens to BLA dogs in remote mountains.
3. This may be the MARK-1, further development will give PA a great force multiplier. In case of targeting enemy Armored thrusts, air power is very handy. A potent anti armored missile coupled with UAV is force multiplier for PA.
4. It also mean that our Cobras can be fitted with more long range Laser guided missiles to replace older wire guided ATGMs.
5. It also means that Pakistan's indigenous Fire & Forget ATGM is right around the corner.
6. Lots of technologies involve in this project are now mastered, which will ensure early completion of more projects.

All in all a great development. :pakistan:

This laser guided missile has been in the works since long.

Cobras are already able of fire baktar Shikans (see old ISPR video of Cobras firing BS ATGMS while in the move).

If the need arises, im sure those wings can support a couple of more stations.
@The Deterrent
Just wondering that the 'Burraq' would be controlled through the BeiDou system.

pakistan-drone_650x400_51426261022.jpg

Yup .. You can hunt piggies in FATA (or elsewhere) with this baby ... sitting in karachi or Kohat... Thanks to SUPARCO... Heard about this last year ..

Back
Top Bottom