What's new

Pakistan successfully tests indigenous drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile

No more specification ?
visit buraq's information pool thread. its in PAF section u will find such info there. This thread is more like news sharing then information thread. Then do compare the dimensions and other things menticore mentioned to u.

LOL
Their is an information pool thread created by @Manticore on Burraq
Its been just what 4 hrs since this news
If you are really interested keep checking that out
Give it some time before the details emerge
Right now you are just trolling

4 hrs from the first look !?

I am talking about the drone ... not missiles !

Can you explain this my dear..........?

2v1lm4j.jpg

Brother ... you are looking at watchkeeper on the left !

& watchkeeper is much smaller than S-129 ...

plus ... watchkeeper has no retractable landing gears !

Pakistan successfully tests first indigenous armed drone: ISPR

852698-Drone-1426252211-923-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan has successfully test fired an indigenously-developed armed drone Burraq and its laser guided missile Barq, the ISPR announced on Friday.

According to DG ISPR Asim Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif witnessed the test fire, which has impressive accuracy and multiplies capability against terrorists.

The army chief commended the engineers and scientists involved in the development and for their untiring efforts to acquire state-of-the-art technology.

According to Bajwa, General Raheel termed it “a great national achievement”, and added that it would add to the country’s existing anti-terror campaign.

Pakistan successfully tests first indigenous armed drone: ISPR - The Express Tribune

rockstar08 said:
@@balixd @@Irfan Baloch @@Windjammer just a random Question , that if in future we need to increase the Payload , do we have to change the entire Air frame ? or it can be done by just using powerful sources of Engine ?

Hi,

The future drone with a higher pay load is already on the table. But the focus of the job is on the current system at what it does and what it can do.

I don't know if we have the specs of the drone in itself---so that might shed a light if the engine is powerful enough or not or if it can carry more load.

But right now is to enjoy the moment of success and give credit to the team---.

It is a good achievement and if produced in large numbers, will help PA against all the Takfiri groups in Pakistan. But there are several limitation that I see:

1- I had read that Pakistan's laser guided ammo program had hit problems since the munitions were not stable in windy conditions (real world conditions) and could not correct for changing wind and thus had poor accuracy. Has this been addressed?

2- The drone seems to be small and carries two munitions.

3- There appears to be no satcomm link (there is no skyward bulge on airframe). Now this is very strange, since Pakistan already owns a modern Chinese built and launched communication satellite in geosynchro orbit. The data link of this satellite could have been used for this purpose. Specially taking into account that the areas Pakistan is engaged in are quite mountainous and line of sight VHF/UHF links would be very difficult to establish and maintain at long ranges.
1) Never heard of that my friend.
2)Its just a first drone against Taliban so its good at what was required to do. In future there maybe more and powerful UAVs since now the main thing is that we have got tech.
3) This was discussed in a few pages back. SAT link in pakistan's mountainous regions in west is not a very good option nor it is data linked. However the drone varients (maybe of this one or future) might have Sat link and data link operating in the east. BTW the missile of this drone do have SAT Link.

Last edited:
Pakistan successfully tests first indigenous drone: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan has successfully test fired an indigenously-developed armed drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile, the ISPR announced on Friday.

According to DG ISPR Asim Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif witnessed the test fire, which had impressive accuracy and multiplies capability against terrorists.

The army chief commended the engineers and scientists involved in the development for their untiring efforts to acquire state-of-the-art technology.

According to Bajwa, General Raheel termed it “a great national achievement”, and added that it would add to the country’s existing anti-terror campaign.
B_-v9fwUgAA8nmI.jpg

506d8e54d5dcf91c2bea5b496729e14f.png

25449aaea9b420792d36a876dcb708bf.png

c27d53ae1edc8392b58a3ea244e42b34.png

image_resize-2-jpg.202219

339269b7e5a79a8eb2c5d37ead99457f.png

Pakistan successfully tests first indigenous drone: ISPR - The Express Tribune

Was just reading the Shaheen III news, and now this!
So many achievements, congrat bros!
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am still waiting to hear the technical info about these drones... its operational range, payload it can carry and altitude it can fly etc

Anybody?

Why did you post this image? I hope you know it is not the Burraq or Barq. It is the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s new Guardian UAV with maritime radar.

Secondly much as I would like to congratulate the scientists for this, the missiles were fired in the stand alone mode and not from the UCAVs. Am I correct or missing something here? Can someone please elucidate?

Dil ke behlane ko GHALIB khayal acha hae.........

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom