What's new

Pakistan Successfully Tested Babur 3 Cruise Missile launch from Submarine : ISPR

I have another question? Can it be related somehow to Chinese threat to India that they wont sit idle? Just a thought for saying out loud.

In that case, it is going to be more surprising than this one, IMO. This alone development was undergoing since long was worked hard to be done. I know what you pointed here but is totally different that even by those Chinese words, many quarters can't sleep well.

Today we have completed our Nuclear Triad.

success-kid-i-hate-sandcastles

SANDCASTLES.png

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

Pakistan launches first submarine-launched cruise missile Babur-3
January 9, 2017
By: Samaa Web Desk
Published in Pakistan
Be the first to comment!

Pakistan conducted its first successful test fire of Submarine Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM) Babur-3 having a range of 450 kilometers, from an undisclosed location in the Indian Ocean.

The missile was fired from an underwater, mobile platform and hit its target with precise accuracy. Babur-3 is a sea-based variant of Ground Launched Cruise Missile (GLCM) Babur-2, which was successfully tested earlier in December, last year.

Babur-3 SLCM incorporates state of the art technologies including underwater controlled propulsion and advanced guidance and navigation features, duly augmented by Global Navigation, Terrain and Scene Matching Systems. The missile features terrain hugging and sea skimming flight capabilities to evade hostile radars and air defenses, in addition to certain stealth technologies, in an emerging regional Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) environment.

Babur-3 SLCM in land-attack mode, is capable of delivering various types of payloads and will provide Pakistan with a Credible Second Strike Capability, augmenting deterrence. While the pursuit and now the successful attainment of a second strike capability by Pakistan represents a major scientific milestone, it is manifestation of the strategy of measured response to nuclear strategies and postures being adopted in Pakistan’s neighborhood.

The test was witnessed by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Zubair Mahmood Hayat, DG Strategic Plans Division (SPD) Lieutenant General Mazhar Jamil, Commander Naval Strategic Force Command (NSFC), senior officials, scientists and engineers from Scientific Strategic Organizations.

The CJCSC and three services chiefs congratulated all the officials involved, on achieving this highly significant milestone. He also highlighted that successful test fire of SLCM also demonstrates confidence on our scientists and engineers in fostering the technological prowess, through indigenization and self-reliance. Pakistan eyes this hallmark development as a step towards reinforcing policy of credible minimum deterrence.

Does this mean Pakistan can have a sea based nuclear detterent? Can you put a nuclear warhead on it? If this is done, the only thing left I think is working towards ICBM.

True that w.r.t. warhead etc.... ICBM, I think we will wait for the right time to come with such idea as since a while, we have been in pursuit of this development, you would have read that US put sanctions immediately upon those entities that are actively involved in these developments. However, one can say, slowly but gradually and a thing bound to happen ultimately due to the threats.

Congrats Brother....

I think next upgrade of 2 slow doses for neighbour and uncle heart patients will be SLBM ,, and IRBM or ICBM ....:cheers: so they might not be expired soon :astagh:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom