What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires

Nasir

Reaction score
Pakistan Conducts Ballistic Missile Test
By Anadolu News Agency (aa), Islamabad
Published: Sunday, February 19, 2006
zaman.com

The Pakistani Army announced tests of short range missile rocket, which can carry nuclear heads, were conducted successfully.

In a written statement, declared today by the Pakistan Army, land to land Hatf 2 / Abdali missile’s technical parameters were confirmed.

Reportedly, the missile has a 200 km range and can carry nuclear or other war heads.

The location of the test was not informed.

The announcement of the rocket testing at time when State President Pervez Musharraf will start a five day China trip, drew attention.

Pakistan tested Hatf 2 missiles on March 2005, and announced the missile’s reach range was 180 km.

http://www.zaman.com/?bl=hotnews&alt=&trh=20060219&hn=29949

Pakistan test-fires surface-to-surface missile

<div class='bbimg'></div>

PAKISTAN has test-fired a short-range surface-to-surface nuclear-capable missile, the military said in a statement.

"A successful test fire of the indigenously developed short range surface to surface ballistic missile Hatf-II Abdali was conducted today," it said on Sunday.

The Abdali missile can reach a target of 200 kilometers (120 miles) and can carry nuclear and other types of warheads, the statement said.

It said India had been given prior notification of the launch, as agreed last year before all ballistic missile tests are conducted.

President Pervez Musharraf hailed the test and congratulated the scientists and engineers on their "outstanding achievement," it added.

Pakistan and India conducted tit-for-tat test nuclear detonations in 1998 and came to the brink of war in 2002.

The historical rivals, who have already fought three wars, routinely carry out tests of nuclear-capable missiles.

Since this is a surface to surface nuclear-capable missile, they can be effectively used against the enemy&#39;s bases and where bunch of military production is going on. I saw a video once during Gulf War an F-16 bombed the place near the bridge which was a way to get into Baghdad and near that bridge i believe it was a stong holding place, and F-16 destroyed it like a piece of cake.

Check out the quality of reporting

The Pakistani Army announced tests of short range missile rocket, which can carry nuclear heads, were conducted successfully.
Missile rocket ia a new term for me.

In a written statement, declared today by the Pakistan Army, land to land Hatf 2 / Abdali missile’s technical parameters were confirmed.
I beleive they meant surface to surface.

The announcement of the rocket testing at time when State President Pervez Musharraf will start a five day China trip, drew attention.

:crazy2:

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 7 2006, 04:43 PM
what did u mean?
[post=6761]Quoted post[/post]​

i mean what was he trying to prove by saying abt a f-16 destroying a string hold???

[Mod Edit: This is what happens when you post one-word/one-line replies. Others get confused as to what you are talking about. Next time, please take the time to write a bit more and make it clear. Thnx]

Back
Top Bottom