What's new

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet

Well done Pakistan.

To be fair, I was not expecting it. Pakistan should develop home grown / assimilated technologies and that will go a long way in terms of self reliance. The foreign exchange saved can be put to better use.
:cheers:

Now we will have Kamra Avionics, fcuk French Avionics :tup:

FCUK
you means "French Connection to United Kingdom"
hmmmm........ yaaaaa that make sense because both these countries have strong relations and both r not going to give any avionics to Pakistan.
wel....i thought something els from the word,lets not talk about it...:p:lol:

FCUK
you means "French Connection to United Kingdom"
hmmmm........ yaaaaa that make sense because both these countries have strong relations and both r not going to give any avionics to Pakistan.
wel....i thought something els from the word,lets not talk about it...:p:lol:

But now a days PAF Guys and Girls are going to UK for some type of training ...not sure what type ...I personally met one Flt.... got the Visa ..for official training

As a true economic and soon to become a global power, China has invested huge R&D in research and development by increasing trained labor, grabbing economic opportunities and silently continuing their ambition to become a major player both in terms of economy and military might. Modern China, as we see today did not emerge over night and once sanctions were imposed in late 80s, they realized the importance of self reliance and made every possible effort to achieve it. We tend to forget that even though we are manufacturing Chinese avionics under TOT arrangement, Chinese have developed them with more than 15 years of pain staking R&D (research and development) and they have been tested for years on test bench after development process ended.

One must not dis credit them just because they are made in China and not France, UK, US or Sweden. They fulfill their purpose and thats all we need. At PAC, we have gained experience with French tools during the ROSE/MAESTRO program and we manufacture them in house without any foreign help for at least 10 years and this will also be handy for thunder program as it is going through testing with various avionics combo as we saw Chinese RWR mated with ROSE Mirages. PAF knows how to make things work within limited resources. I have faith in them and we all must because if they can survive through the "lost decade", they can survive through any situation.

As a true economic and soon to become a global power, China has invested huge R&D in research and development by increasing trained labor, grabbing economic opportunities and silently continuing their ambition to become a major player both in terms of economy and military might. Modern China, as we see today did not emerge over night and once sanctions were imposed in late 80s, they realized the importance of self reliance and made every possible effort to achieve it. We tend to forget that even though we are manufacturing Chinese avionics under TOT arrangement, Chinese have developed them with more than 15 years of pain staking R&D (research and development) and they have been tested for years on test bench after development process ended.

One must not dis credit them just because they are made in China and not France, UK, US or Sweden. They fulfill their purpose and thats all we need. At PAC, we have gained experience with French tools during the ROSE/MAESTRO program and we manufacture them in house without any foreign help for at least 10 years and this will also be handy for thunder program as it is going through testing with various avionics combo as we saw Chinese RWR mated with ROSE Mirages. PAF knows how to make things work within limited resources. I have faith in them and we all must because if they can survive through the "lost decade", they can survive through any situation.

Nice comments, thank you! Self-reliance is the first goal and then to catch up the top level of technological developemnt of the world. China and Pakistan will make a bright future together. :pakistan::china:

Well done Pakistan.

Pakistan should develop home grown / assimilated technologies and that will go a long way in terms of self reliance. The foreign exchange saved can be put to better use.

o come on. All these things are done step by step. We have successfully taken the first step. Wait for the next.
To be fair, I was not expecting it.
What???

Stupid post..r u trying to increase number of posts ?

I already made report and it is totally unacceptable that u point out at Pakistan, we welcome you as our guest but it doesn't mean that we can't say any thing to you.

Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

I heard that the avionics

are indigious license producction of chineese avionics and 4 are being to develop

I'm waiting for the day when Pakistan can build the engine for its JF-17s. That will be the day for real celebration!

That day is not coming anytime soon i am afraid as it take hell of a time to develop and deploy .

But the least we can do is to get WS-13 with TOPT:D

I'm waiting for the day when Pakistan can build the engine for its JF-17s. That will be the day for real celebration!

WS-13 is better than RD-93 for sure if matured. It might be within the reach for PAF. WS-13 has over 91000kg max thrust, t/w >7, and FADEC. TVC is optional and full production certification is aimed at 2013. WS-13 installed FC-1 took a successful maiden flight recently. I believe that a WS-13 with TVC would improve JF-17 performance.

China has two more engine projects that are based on better and modern tech, 9.5ton to 10ton class.
:pakistan::china:

Hope that BD would also join the family. :azn:

Last edited:
the only reason behind pakistan nt successfull in defence is money

we dnt launch indigious products.we dnt hav money to invest in a indigious engine,aircraft,SAM etc etc

WS-13 is better than RD-93 for sure if matured. It might be within the reach for PAF. WS-13 has over 91000kg max thrust, t/w >7, and FADEC. TVC is optional and full production certification is aimed at 2013. WS-13 installed FC-1 took a successful maiden flight recently. I believe that a WS-13 with TVC would improve JF-17 performance.

China has two more engine projects that are based on better and modern tech, 9.5ton to 10ton class.
:pakistan::china:

Hope that BD would also join the family. :azn:

:rofl: If the opening line has an if in it, then that inserts sufficient doubt in the claim.

:rofl: If the opening line has an if in it, then that inserts sufficient doubt in the claim.

Yeah, when looked from Indian view point, it definitely has doubts in everything where IF is used, but this same IF used on the Indian future programs, that becomes a reality with no doubt in it.

By the way WS-13 specifications as told are much superior when compared to RD-93, so the statement by Sanchez is correct that IF the engine is matured, as its right now in testing stage, it will be superior to RD-93s.

The IF is compulsory, as the engine is in development and has just entered into flight testing. Once matured, it would be better then or equal in performance to a RD-93.

Back
Top Bottom