What's new

Pakistan stands with their Bengali brothers over terrorist attack in Dhaka

Visit the press club in Dhaka some time.

Or you can start by reading the Archer Blood Telegram.

Skewed interpretations of what was happening in the streets of dhaka at that time.Situation was extremely fluid. Beginning with March 1971. Rioters were looting destroying public properties, attacking bihari settelements. Terrorists were gunning down Biharis and western pakistanis, Pakistan army was gunning down Bengalis. Situation was so fluid that Press club dhaka and archer so called blood telegram stated only one side of story. because if he visited the bihari areas, and met with the western pakistani families. I'm cent percent sure he would have narrated those events as well.

Visit the press club in Dhaka some time.

Or you can start by reading the Archer Blood Telegram.

I'm also sure that if press allowed in Kashmir or inyour insurgency areas, First thing reporters would report back how Indian army killing innocents.

Bengalis. Situation was so fluid that Press club dhaka and archer so called blood telegram stated only one side of story.

Well you asked for proof so I gave it.

As far as proof on the other side, you are welcome to give that too. I am not denying the carnage was one sided to begin with anyway.

Well you asked for proof so I gave it.

As far as proof on the other side, you are welcome to give that too. I am not denying the carnage was one sided to begin with anyway.

Nah that is not the proof. Can you tell the name of those who were killed so we can determine if they were not involved in the rioting ? Generalized statements wont construe as proof of innocents being killed.

I'm also sure that if press allowed in Kashmir or inyour insurgency areas, First thing reporters would report back how Indian army killing innocents.

They have done so for multiple years already ...just look at how the press in India like Indian express is today sympathising with the death of Burhan....but they have also shown the other side of Kashmiris proud to be Indians, voting in Indian elections in large turnout peacefully (and against the call of their mullahs, extremists and separatists) and also getting on with their development with Indian cooperation.

It is a two sides of a coin situation.

Nah that is not the proof. Can you tell the name of those who were killed so we can determine if they were not involved in the rioting ? Generalized statements wont construe as proof of innocents being killed.

The names are there in the press club under the photos of their bodies. You can go view it.

They have done so for multiple years already ...just look at how the press in India like Indian express is today sympathising with the death of Burhan....but they have also shown the other side of Kashmiris proud to be Indians, voting in Indian elections in large turnout peacefully (and against the call of their mullahs, extremists and separatists) and also getting on with their development with Indian cooperation.

It is a two sides of a coin situation.

The names are there in the press club under the photos of their bodies. You can go view it.

And how does we establish those were innocents but not freedom fighters like Burhan ? Because If every bengali was innocent than who were foot soldiers of mukti bahini were? the indians ?

Last edited:
And how does we establish those were innocents but not militants like Burhan ?

Will need a independently run war crimes trial (train has been missed for that)

But alas everyone had their horse in the race that they backed and winners write the history and all that.

So no proof is 100% conclusive and absolute unfortunately. It is relative, and open to our own inherent bias.

What to do?

Will need a independently run war crimes trial (train has been missed for that)

But alas everyone had their horse in the race that they backed and winners write the history and all that.

So no proof is 100% conclusive and absolute unfortunately. It is relative, and open to our own inherent bias.

What to do?

Why not start with this then.

Bangladesh must investigate deaths and release prisoners held in opposition crackdown

8 January 2015, 00:00 UTC

Bangladeshi authorities must investigate the killing of protesters and release prisoners – including a prominent journalist and an opposition leader – arrested this week as part of an apparent crackdown against the opposition Bangladesh National Party (BNP), Amnesty International said.

The unrest in Bangladesh comes a year after a disputed election on 5 January 2014 that brought to power the current Awami League government, led by Sheikh Hasina

The opposition boycotted the election. On the anniversary of the vote this year, the BNP leader, Khaleda Zia, urged supporters to take to the streets and enforce a transport blockade.

Police have reportedly prevented Khaleda Zia from leaving BNP offices in Dhaka since 5 January.

Earlier this week, the police also arrested Abdus Salam, chairman of the Ekushey TV channel, and Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, the BNP’s Acting Secretary General. Several party activists have also been arrested.

Background

Amnesty International has frequently highlighted the shrinking space for freedom of expression in Bangladesh. Newspapers and TV editors have been under severe pressure not to publish or broadcast the views of government critics.

On the anniversary of the 2014 election, the police announced a ban on all demonstrations, saying it wanted to prevent clashes between government and opposition supporters.

There are several indications that the charges against Abdus Salam and Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir are politically motivated.

During 2014, more than 100 people were killed during opposition protests, in some cases after the police opened fire. None of these deaths are believed to have been properly investigated and prosecuted.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-release-prisoners-held-opposition-crackdown/

Why not start with this then.

Bangladesh must investigate deaths and release prisoners held in opposition crackdown

8 January 2015, 00:00 UTC

Bangladeshi authorities must investigate the killing of protesters and release prisoners – including a prominent journalist and an opposition leader – arrested this week as part of an apparent crackdown against the opposition Bangladesh National Party (BNP), Amnesty International said.

The unrest in Bangladesh comes a year after a disputed election on 5 January 2014 that brought to power the current Awami League government, led by Sheikh Hasina

The opposition boycotted the election. On the anniversary of the vote this year, the BNP leader, Khaleda Zia, urged supporters to take to the streets and enforce a transport blockade.

Police have reportedly prevented Khaleda Zia from leaving BNP offices in Dhaka since 5 January.

Earlier this week, the police also arrested Abdus Salam, chairman of the Ekushey TV channel, and Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, the BNP’s Acting Secretary General. Several party activists have also been arrested.

Background

Amnesty International has frequently highlighted the shrinking space for freedom of expression in Bangladesh. Newspapers and TV editors have been under severe pressure not to publish or broadcast the views of government critics.

On the anniversary of the 2014 election, the police announced a ban on all demonstrations, saying it wanted to prevent clashes between government and opposition supporters.

There are several indications that the charges against Abdus Salam and Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir are politically motivated.

During 2014, more than 100 people were killed during opposition protests, in some cases after the police opened fire. None of these deaths are believed to have been properly investigated and prosecuted.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-release-prisoners-held-opposition-crackdown/

Fair free investigations are whats needed for sure.

Look I am not here (in this particular thread) to take sides....especially in current political climate.

I mean Amnesty international and other groups came out against Bangaldesh under BNP rule as well for all sorts of matters regarding minorities and such.....did they (BNP) take it seriously either?

Hate begets hate etc....so no one there wants to break the mould and provide neutral unbiased reasoning and investigation.....and in the midst of this....terrorist doctrine has slipped in throught the cracks as well.

I worry for Bangladesh...just like Pakistan...it is a country that has been formed out of division and hate ideologically.

We have to make do with the situation and hope for the best....that is just about all that can be done.

A relationship began sure....but I wouldn't call it "brotherhood" (in fact I wouldn't call it that even now....but more of a deep friendship).

China and Pakistan friendship only really took off after 1965 and achieved notable depth after SEATO became irrelevant (and later dissolved).

From an indian POV that may be true but certainly not from a Pakistani one. For those of us who have visited Pakistani within the last 5 years and seen the huge, massive infrastructure and other developments the Chinese have done all over Pakistan, then can one only understand and see the reality that this is not just the relationship between 2 allies but between brothers. No Pakistani can ever exagerrate what the Chinese have done for us. Probably more then what one nation has ever done for another nation. The bond between Pakistan and China is FAR TOO strong and emotional. There is no compromise or discussion about that. Only Pakistanis and Chinese can ever understand this. Foreigners/outsiders can NEVER EVER understand or feel this and are thus not in a position to comment about this matter.

Pakistani within the last 5 years and seen the huge,

I'm not talking about the last 5 years or even 30 years. I am responding to your assertion that brotherhood between the two was developed in the early 50s under the Ayub Khan and early Mao (pre Sino Soviet split) period...in the context of what SEATO was back then. I mean can you give me some examples of China - Pakistan brotherhood in the early 50s...or even 50s in general?

Pakistan was firmly in the US camp in the 50s.....and the US was a huge enemy for China under Mao esp in the 50s.

That limits the brotherhood that can develop dont you think?

I'm not talking about the last 5 years or even 30 years. I am responding to your assertion that brotherhood between the two was developed in the early 50s under the Ayub Khan and early Mao (pre Sino Soviet split) period...in the context of what SEATO was back then. I mean can you give me some examples of China - Pakistan brotherhood in the early 50s...or even 50s in general?

Pakistan was firmly in the US camp in the 50s.....and the US was a huge enemy for China under Mao esp in the 50s.

That limits the brotherhood that can develop dont you think?

You've just reinforced what I said in my previous post. A foreigner/outsider can NEVER EVER understand the relationship between Pakistan and China.

@Mohammed Khaled Jeez,bro...these people here ( Except @Nilgiri ) don't know any history ... Surely they failed in history....

Its sad some of them cannot put politics and history aside and simply stand with another group of people when they have faced a dastardly terrorist attack.

Ok we can be enemies ideologically and politically or whatever....but I for one will always stand with Pakistanis when they suffer at hands of terrorism....even if they claim it was India behind it.

I do not think it is right to not stand with the regular people of a country (even "enemy" country) that have been made victims by those that have complete opposite of virtue.

It saddens me that this seems to be prevalent all across the subcontinent....but it gives me hope when I see that some do stand and are able to put aside differences and feel remorse and a gentle sadness for innocent lives lost in such a cruel way....and offer a shoulder for what are ultimately other human beings....whether friend or enemy in politics and history!

Its sad some of them cannot put politics and history aside and simply stand with another group of people when they have faced a dastardly terrorist attack.

Ok we can be enemies ideologically and politically or whatever....but I for one will always stand with Pakistanis when they suffer at hands of terrorism....even if they claim it was India behind it.

I do not think it is right to not stand with the regular people of a country (even "enemy" country) that have been made victims by those that have complete opposite of virtue.

It saddens me that this seems to be prevalent all across the subcontinent....but it gives me hope when I see that some do stand and are able to put aside differences and feel remorse and a gentle sadness for innocent lives lost in such a cruel way....and offer a shoulder for what are ultimately other human beings....whether friend or enemy in politics and history!

Strongly Agreed ^_^

For the first time,someone said something logical...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom