What's new

Pakistan signs peace pact with militants in Swat

What exactly do you know about the Sharia law since its causing sleepless nights for you? And please also explain how Sharia law affects your life in particular.

I agree with UnitedPak, he is right, Vish do u know wut Sharia law is, i wuld love to see it enforced all over Pakistan, the reason why Saudi Arabia, has the lowest crime rate in the whole of Arab world is because they have Sharia law in force. i think if Sharia is enforced all over Pakistan it will really bring a steap downfall in the crime rate if the criminals r bought to justice under this type of law.

Vish why do u have to worry abut Sharia, it is being enforced in tribal areas of Pakistan not in India? so my friend cool down on Sharia!!!:coffee:

What exactly do you know about the Sharia law since its causing sleepless nights for you? And please also explain how Sharia law affects your life in particular.

I agree with UnitedPak, he is right, Vish do u know wut Sharia law is, i wuld love to see it enforced all over Pakistan, the reason why Saudi Arabia, has the lowest crime rate in the whole of Arab world is because they have Sharia law in force. i think if Sharia is enforced all over Pakistan it will really bring a steap downfall in the crime rate if the criminals r bought to justice under this type of law.

Vish why do u have to worry abut Sharia, it is being enforced in tribal areas of Pakistan not in India? so my friend cool down on Sharia!!!:coffee:

I'm not having any sleepless nights; it is just that I detest the idea of living beside a "theoretical state." As I said, I hope the snowball does not turn into an avalanche. Today tribal areas, tomorrow who knows what. Further, I'm pretty sure the "Sharia Laws" being implemented will be much more extreme than appropriate.

Religion and state are seperate entities and should be kept as such. Any form of "religious law" is inappropriate in the modern society. Muslim nations that have been forefront on human development are largely secular and implement civil and criminal laws set according to Western practices.

We all know how "wonderful" Saudi Arabia is. I'm not commenting more on that.

The only thing that I've against Sharia is that it is a "religious law system," something which I find totally outdated.

theoretical state or theocratic state? Sharia and its imposition is beyond theory..its in use in KSA and Iran already.

well to be quite honest with you guys, shari'a law isn't what people make it out to be. you have only to look at the past caliphates and how shari'a law was implemented then as compared to the one implented now by the house of Saud.

i'm for a more lenient version of shari'a law, of course this will only apply to muslims. for example theft, murder, rape, apostasy of a muslim leaving islam (not from a non-muslim who's not muslim anyway!). we can't force hijab or anything else that's too harsh.

non-muslims should never have to deal with these things, since they can be judged by a parallel system of secular laws. slowly over the course of time, you can expect people easily assimilate these laws. however, I will say that I admire the low crime rate of Saudi Arabia. I could leave my door open and expect to come back to all my possesions intact.:agree:

as for the peace deal, I share the same opinion as AM. these militants aren't to be trusted, but if they're willing to lay down arms for peace so be it. it will cool down the country quite a bit.

I'm not having any sleepless nights; it is just that I detest the idea of living beside a "theoretical state." As I said, I hope the snowball does not turn into an avalanche. Today tribal areas, tomorrow who knows what. Further, I'm pretty sure the "Sharia Laws" being implemented will be much more extreme than appropriate.

Religion and state are seperate entities and should be kept as such. Any form of "religious law" is inappropriate in the modern society. Muslim nations that have been forefront on human development are largely secular and implement civil and criminal laws set according to Western practices.

The only thing that I've against Sharia is that it is a "religious law system," something which I find totally outdated.
well I'd like to quote UnitedPak, "is it causing sleepless nights for you?"
we could care less about your views on the separation of religion and state. if muslims want it, even if they will go through a rough atmosphere, so be it.

Regardin ur comments abut Arabia (wonderful seems to me a bit negative as the way u have written in ur reply), try to be more positive abut a land that u've never seen next time, u have angered me on this, i love Arabia as I love Pakistan, n wuld not like to hear any sort of negative comments abut it, Period:angry:

By the way when u speak abut Arabia, u speak on behalf of urself only, who is this we in ur statement, did any other member agree to wut u said, well i didnot read it!!!

Sharia is Islamic law it has not been modernised because their is no need to modernise it, by the way i think u seriously lack knowledge on Sharia, please google it n get some knowledge on it as to wut it really is, n it shuld not be a matter of concern to u because u r a Hindu n it is not bindin on u, it only governs Muslim's, so please stop critisizing Sharia, Muslims have always followed this law n will always keep on doin it, no matter wut!!! No more discussions on Sharia, Period!!!

Brother Sohail.
It is an indication of wisdom that you listen to others and reply rather than get emotional. Believe me SaudiArabia may be a glorious place for all the muslims for obvious reasons but the people and especially the Government leaves a lot to be desired.Their views are particularly harsh and racists and there is no freedom of speech . You can actually disappear for saying anything against the Government. However, that is not the topic of discussion.

Vish my friend, you may have an opinion , but sorry to say that is all there is to it. We as Muslims do not consider religion and state to be 2 separate entities. This is because of our belief in Islam as a complete way of life. I would hasten to add, not the gory Islam that is publisized in the press, but properly implemented Islam is the way ahead for all muslims.Again that is not the topic of discussion ,but merited a reply.

There is great diversity in the views of people about FATA in general. I think, based on personal experiences, the people have in general proved fickle when it comes to abiding by an agreement. idont think Zardari,s orders of disarming the people will go anywhere other than in the bin. For a Pashtun, a gun is as important as his arms. wecan basically forget that they will disarm. Somebody very rightly pointed out that the demands of people in Swat pertained to imposition of Sharia and that once the Sharia Bill is passed, there would be less support for Mullah FM.I still think we should hang Mullah FM as his crimes would probabvly deserve that in any case. i still think the Army should be abserving very closely for any signs of unrest and regoruping and next time nip the problem in the bud.
WaSalam
Araz

Brother Sohail.
It is an indication of wisdom that you listen to others and reply rather than get emotional. Believe me SaudiArabia may be a glorious place for all the muslims for obvious reasons but the people and especially the Government leaves a lot to be desired.Their views are particularly harsh and racists and there is no freedom of speech . You can actually disappear for saying anything against the Government. However, that is not the topic of discussion.

Vish my friend, you may have an opinion , but sorry to say that is all there is to it. We as Muslims do not consider religion and state to be 2 separate entities. This is because of our belief in Islam as a complete way of life. I would hasten to add, not the gory Islam that is publisized in the press, but properly implemented Islam is the way ahead for all muslims.Again that is not the topic of discussion ,but merited a reply.

There is great diversity in the views of people about FATA in general. I think, based on personal experiences, the people have in general proved fickle when it comes to abiding by an agreement. idont think Zardari,s orders of disarming the people will go anywhere other than in the bin. For a Pashtun, a gun is as important as his arms. wecan basically forget that they will disarm. Somebody very rightly pointed out that the demands of people in Swat pertained to imposition of Sharia and that once the Sharia Bill is passed, there would be less support for Mullah FM.I still think we should hang Mullah FM as his crimes would probabvly deserve that in any case. i still think the Army should be abserving very closely for any signs of unrest and regoruping and next time nip the problem in the bud.
WaSalam
Araz

Araz Bhai, i respect ur views n completely agree with u, no doubt that u r right as to wut u said regardin my post. I appreciate that.

This is to everyone includin me that we shuld keep to the topic, thank u everyone.

The problem with Sharia Law, or for that matter any religious law, is that more often than not, the people in charge do carry their religious agenda to the extreme. You are right; I do not know much about the Sharia Law. But from what I've seen in the news and the views it is evident that the Sharia Law has been implemented in an unright manner. The unright things include the treatment of women as second class citizens. Further, and this is my opinion, and may or may not be correct, places where these laws have been implemented (Iran and KSA), dissent is violently crushed and there is a genuine lack of freedom and equality. Now whether this is a fault of the Sharia Law or the manner of its implementation is something that you guys will have to answer, simply because my knowledge is limited. Whatever I’ve read so far is pretty much limited in scope and understanding.

I'm an atheist and I above all believe in humanity. I don't like to segregate on the basis of religion, nationality, race and colour. But I do segregate on the basis of intellect. The reason I advocate that religion and state should be separate is because everyone should be equal in front of the state and this is not possible in a state which is dictated by religious laws. However, if Muslims feel that Sharia Law is right for them, they can go ahead and implement it. But I’m also sure that plenty of Muslims detest the idea of living in a state dictated by the Sharia Law.

Blain2: Thank you for correcting me. I wanted to say theocratic state.

asaad-ul-islam: I told you, what I’m saying is my opinion. If you feel to question it or ignore it, feel free to do so. I have no qualms. If you “could care less,” than good for you; I’ve nothing against it. In the end it is your choice.

sohailbutt: I’m really sorry if my post has offended you. You’re right, the manner of my sarcasm on Saudi Arabia is uncalled for, but my sarcasm isn’t. But I do believe that everything has to change, nothing is permanent.

araz: I do respect your views.

Further, I’m sorry if my post(s) have carried the thread off-topic.

Vish my friend, you may have an opinion , but sorry to say that is all there is to it. We as Muslims do not consider religion and state to be 2 separate entities. This is because of our belief in Islam as a complete way of life. I would hasten to add, not the gory Islam that is publisized in the press, but properly implemented Islam is the way ahead for all muslims.Again that is not the topic of discussion ,but merited a reply

I would like a clarification, if you will.

If State and Islam is same, then why not have one State of Islam? Islam has been in history for quite some time and yet, there is no indication that there will be one state? Why so?

Why is Islam not being properly implemented, though I do not understand what is properly implemented or otherwise Islam means?

I feel that ethnicity can never be surpassed by anything ethereal and intangible with ground realities. I maybe wrong. Is so, how?

Govt, Swat Taliban sign peace deal

* Taliban prisoners to be freed in two weeks, militants to relinquish control of Imam Dheri
* Army says it will not oppose peace deal

PESHAWAR: The NWFP government inked a 15-point peace accord with Swat-based militants on Wednesday. Under the agreement, the government will release Taliban prisoners in the coming two weeks while the Taliban will relinquish control of Imam Dheri, headquarters of Mullah Fazlullah, where an Islamic university will be set up.

The agreement says the army’s withdrawal from Swat will be gradual and based on the security situation. Militants will not carry out suicide and terrorist attacks on security forces and civilians and military, private or public installations. Private militias will not be allowed.

Women will not be required to wear veils and there will be no restriction on their education. :tup: Neither Fazlullah nor any other group or individual will be allowed to run FM radio in Swat without licence, and all non-locals involved in violence in the valley would be handed over to the government. A nine-member committee will ensure the deal is implemented.

Senior NWFP Minister Bashir Ahmed Bilour read out the deal to the reporters. Asked if Fazlullah would be given amnesty, he said: “That will be discussed later.”

Taliban representative Ali Bakht told reporters that there were around 200 Taliban under detention who would be released in two weeks.

Army: Geo News reported ISPR spokesman Maj Gen Athar Abbas as saying that the army would not oppose the peace deal.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

^^^That looks promising :). I hope that Taliban can hold up their end of the deal....

The agreement says the army’s withdrawal from Swat will be gradual and based on the security situation.

To what extent is the army supposed to withdraw? Swat is a part of pakistan and the pak army has the right to station as many troops as it wants in any region of pakistan.Why should they listen to these terrorists?

To what extent is the army supposed to withdraw? Swat is a part of pakistan and the pak army has the right to station as many troops as it wants in any region of pakistan.Why should they listen to these terrorists?

My friend, Swat n the areas borderin Afghanistan follow a very complex tribal system, their is no need for a large number of Army personal to be there in the past 60 years, tribal elders have lived, died n ruled those areas, n their was no problems faced by their rule overthere infact all of Pakistani people were happy with how tribes controlled those volatile areas, i dont think that Army can do anything there, they shuld pull out a majority of troops as they r doin now, n let the Tribes handle this volatile area themselves, wut ever GoP is doin i think that is the way out of this serious problem that Pakistan is facin right now.

n please my friend these tribal people r not terrorists as u claim them to be, stop callin them terrorists.:hitwall:

i have been to swat n i ve seen many people there carrying Ak-47's n different guns with them, i dont see any problem with that, some people not from Pakistan see guns with a guy in northern areas as a terrorist, really makes me think, wut is the danger that they r posing to people who critize them from outside Pakistan???

infact our family have some heavy weapons with us, n many faimilies borderin India have weapons with them does this mean that we r terrorists, NO!!!

Infact many household in Punjab, NWFP n Balochistan has kind of light or heavy weapons with them, i really dont see any problems with that.

Sohail:

When you violently fight the state and kill innocent civilians and damage their property and threaten them, you could arguably be called a 'terrorist".

If not terrorist, what would you call them?

If Mullah FM and his posse want to give up the above and respect people and the State, then by all means the negotiations are worth it. If they decide to revert back to their old behavior, then they are terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom